Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Stingray Car Security

Stingray Car Security Gauge holders for ford falcon b series to fg to fgx supplied delivered Australia wide. Triple, double, fpv,single din radio aftermarket radio fascias and ngagauge /turbosmart eboost gauge holders .Message us now!! Website Link

Old 19-11-2008, 04:02 PM   #1
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Talking BA-F premium to sound like the opera house!!

We have speaker upgrades for BA to BF ford owners .In stock form the Ford premium sysytem sounds flat lifeless and downright uninspiring.The benefit of our upgrade is the enhanced midrange and higher frequency . The result is similar to being at a concert or opera once installed. We install a Clarion speaker at each front door and this is enough to transform your ba to bf into an emotional clarity of enhanced sound.

This package is of course for my Sydney metro counterparts .We come to you and install these speakers for $220. For those who want improved sounds in the back we can supply and fit the same to the back passenger compartment for an amazing aural experience. Amplifiers are not required..

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again

Last edited by Stav; 19-11-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2008, 04:12 PM   #2
JohnnyMo
"BOOST BANDITS"

Hi Stav how much for the package of 2 front tweeters,2 front door & 2 rear speakers as well a new subwoofer? fully installed as i have the Premo sound system in my BF XR6T but think it sounds quite crap & not loud enough.
PS: How long would it take to install?

Cheers,
Johnny
Old 19-11-2008, 04:21 PM   #3
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMo
Hi Stav how much for the package of 2 front tweeters,2 front door & 2 rear speakers as well a new subwoofer? fully installed as i have the Premo sound system in my BF XR6T but think it sounds quite crap & not loud enough.

Cheers,
Johnny
I completed a ba xr8 today and it sounded fantastic.I will quote you tommorow and send you a pm for your requested package.
Stav

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 19-11-2008, 04:55 PM   #4
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
I completed a ba xr8 today and it sounded fantastic.I will quote you tommorow and send you a pm for your requested package.
Stav
Can you PM me the same Quote

If you recall I have a BFII Fairmont Ghia.

What do you do for the factory Sub ? I really feel the base is short .
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2008, 05:04 PM   #5
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMo

Cheers,
Johnny

Im interested in a package too...Front and Rear speakers...+ a new sub....the factory sub pops and crackles and has to go. Not sure if I want the pillar tweeters replaced but certainly the 2 door and 2 rear parecel shelf speakers and sub.

I think it's loud enough, just poor quality sound

When you say like the opera house what do you mean exactly....I love high bass and high treble and never use the factory pre-set EQ settings
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,

Last edited by ozmale42; 19-11-2008 at 05:18 PM.
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2008, 05:36 PM   #6
Stav
Smile

The subwoofer in the fords sound like cardboard . I will chat to my wholesaler soon and reply by tommorow.

It is very enjoyable hearing the results.

Old 20-11-2008, 09:05 PM   #7
Stav
Smile

Smile

Guys I have a long list of parts in front of me right now and I am sorting the pricing for the options. To give you an idea I am thinking along the lines of removing the ford factory subwoofer and replacing it with a great 10 inch pioneer subwoofer.

From there we can couple a 400watts rms mono block pioneer amplifier to power the subwoofer. Replacement of the door speakers with 5 by 7 quality speakers and tweeters in the front as well. Also replacement of rear 5 by 7 speakers with hi quality speakers.If you want to go the extra bit you can also have another 2 tweeters in the back.

Another option is to get a soundstream 5 chanell amplifier and have that powering all of the speakers including the subwoofer.

I do believe that after these upgrades you should install a ticket machine to your car because people will pay to sit in your car.. Prices are coming soon..

Old 20-11-2008, 09:10 PM   #8
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmale42
Im interested in a package too...Front and Rear speakers...+ a new sub....the factory sub pops and crackles and has to go. Not sure if I want the pillar tweeters replaced but certainly the 2 door and 2 rear parecel shelf speakers and sub.

I think it's loud enough, just poor quality sound

When you say like the opera house what do you mean exactly....I love high bass and high treble and never use the factory pre-set EQ settings
Sound qualtiy is the difference.Just adding some good quality tweeters made
the xr8 I worked on yesterday sound like the band was in the car.To get the best sound to tastes of the driver you must make some adjustment in treble and bass.This will help the sounds you want to accenuate. The XR8 sounded flat and quite dull .The addition of the tweeters filled out midrange and high end frequencies.The result was a richer crisper sound from the factory system.
I was listening to kiss I was made for loving you in that car .The pure enhancement of the sound made me want to dance unlike the flat stock sound. Admittedly though,the stock subby didnt sound so great. Also played Enrique Iglesias..I closed my eyes and I could believe it was a live concert!!

Last edited by Stav; 20-11-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 20-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #9
Stav
Smile

I prefer to mount the tweeters on the door and not inside the pillar as you want maximum volume to caress your ears and fill your mind with fantastic sound.If peope are fussy about this we can install them to the pillar but the positioning in my opinion lets the speakers sound quality down.

Old 21-11-2008, 01:17 AM   #10
FPV GT40
Banned

Thanks keep us posted.

Is there any need for rear speaker replacement as they are just for rear fill anyway???

I would have thought just splits in the front, and some sort of 3 channel amp to run the fronts and new sub.

With the mods you mention will ALL functions of the factory stereo be retained such as balance and fade controls??? And what happens to the factory amp????

Also is there any way to connect BOTH the Factory REX and the Factory amplified I pod(Aux) input, and have them working (obviously only one at a time) of the factory head unit as for some reason it would not work on my car, only one or the other...When I connected both none would work (even when only one was turned on), as soon as I unplugged either one the other would work just fine.
FPV GT40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2008, 10:52 AM   #11
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok Stav...Thanks for that info. Much appreciated.

Let's say I get the door mounted tweeters...I take it these are included in the new door speakers .Does this mean you just disconnect the existing factory pillar tweeters but leave them positioned there so there are no gaping holes in the pillar or do i need to get new pillar trims out of a BA with non premo sound (say an XT/XR6) ?

Interested in FPV GT40's comment about the necessity to replace the rear speakers....If there's little to be gained I'd just rather keep the factory rears, although your comment about rear tweeters has sparked my interest...and if this makes a significant difference then I'm prepared to have these as well..

Honestly, my biggest let down is the factory sub. Seems I can't raise the volume to any significant level without it cracking and popping and is damned annoying.

I've been looking at a sound upgrade now for 8 months and keep putting it on/off as there seems to be a lot of conflicting information out there...some say you need an additional amp, while others say you don't..some say upgraded speakers on their own don't make much of a difference unless you go to the trouble and expense of a new amp and/or line converter, yet others say an amp is not necessary......I don't really want a new amp as I'd prefer to retain the factory look....I'm not a fan of aftermarket head units mounted in the tissue box holder either and prefer to maintain the use of the steering wheel controls.

Subject to your further comments , pricing and your availability to do the install I'd love to get this all wrapped up dusted before Christmas....However the only weekend I'm free is saturday 29 November....after that chaos till after Christmas. Can't practically do weekdays as you are in the outer west and i work in the city and live at Sutherland.

Anyway lets see
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2008, 11:32 AM   #12
FPV GT40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmale42
Interested in FPV GT40's comment about the necessity to replace the rear speakers....If there's little to be gained I'd just rather keep the factory rears, although your comment about rear tweeters has sparked my interest...and if this makes a significant difference then I'm prepared to have these as well..

Honestly, my biggest let down is the factory sub. Seems I can't raise the volume to any significant level without it cracking and popping and is damned annoying.

I don't really want a new amp as I'd prefer to retain the factory look....I'm not a fan of aftermarket head units mounted in the tissue box holder either and prefer to maintain the use of the steering wheel controls.
Exactly my feelings as well, must maintain factory look and function, just with better sound and decent bass I can live with a new amp under the seat if it is needed to get this system pumping, would however love to retain the use of the factory one as it is already there and payed for.

What does the factory amp actually run???

Does it power all speakers, or just the sub???

I was told that the EL premium sound the amp only runs the sub and rear speakers....not sure how true it is but that does not sound like good practice to me.

I always thought the front speakers and sub are most important.

Sorry we are smashing you with questions, but I think (know) that ozmale42 is as fussy, if not worse than me with his GT and retaining it as it should be...I think we both pretty much want the same thing out of our stereo...

Would also love to have this system sorted before the X mas break(like the rest of the world), as I will be doing a bit of interstate cruising in the GT over X mas, and would love to have the tunes for the long drive.....

Also please do not forget about my REX/Ipod issue

Last edited by FPV GT40; 21-11-2008 at 11:40 AM.
Old 21-11-2008, 01:07 PM   #13
Stav
Smile

You guys are not fussy..I am fussy.I love doing the full job as good as possible.
My information is that the factory amp is very small.In any case you can customise your car to what you like.
I will leave factory amps and tweeters in place if youd like.I like to cause as minimal impact to the car to leave it in a good finish.

Everything I have mentioned is an improvement on stock and will make it sound better as it goes. If youd like to try the sub with the factory amp then thats fine.If you want to just replace the fronts then again that is fine too.The sounds will improve.If you guys are not sure then I recommend you do it in stages until you are happy .This means you dont have to overcommit to everything I have mentioned above but get what you feel you need. What makes me happy is what makes you guys happy.
Stav

Old 21-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #14
FPV GT40
Banned

Quote:
You guys are not fussy..I am fussy.I love doing the full job as good as possible.
Stav
Love that sort of talk....will give you a call to work something out...
Old 21-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #15
BLU-DVL

I am located in Adelaide, so the onsite service is not applicable, but I am interested in the Advice!..

BA mkII XR8 with premium sound (250W system), I want to keep the factory look, I am not interested in adding another amp.. Just want to replace the factory speakers all round including the sub..

what is recommended?
BLU-DVL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2008, 10:20 AM   #16
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU-DVL
I am located in Adelaide, so the onsite service is not applicable, but I am interested in the Advice!..

BA mkII XR8 with premium sound (250W system), I want to keep the factory look, I am not interested in adding another amp.. Just want to replace the factory speakers all round including the sub..

what is recommended?
Please re read my first few posts and the answers are there.
Thanks

Old 23-11-2008, 10:23 PM   #17
FPV GT40
Banned

Post deleted by self :

Last edited by FPV GT40; 23-11-2008 at 10:38 PM.
Old 23-11-2008, 10:36 PM   #18
FPV GT40
Banned

Stav, done a lot of thinking since our phone conversation the other day....here are the results of my enquiring mind...

Had a real good play with the BF GT stereo today, trying various settings and music types.

This is what I think.....The sub is crap, or the amp is lacking power to drive it, as soon as you introduce any sort of bass it distorts.

Front speakers sound flat and lack punch in the mid range, tweeters seem to be very good and clear.

Rear speakers sound flat and slightly distorted, and also have no punch ie they do not respond quick to the music if that makes sense and have no treble at all.

So in my non expert opinion for stage one improvement you would need to either fit tweeters to the rear or a quality dual cone coaxial speaker.

Some quality splits at the front something with plenty of midrange response.

And a sub that has some snappy bass.

This should give better sound with no disturbance to your valuable GT interior, the only problem I can see is that the factory amp will not power this sufficiently, and you will not get the best out of the money you have spend on speakers.

So option two would be to add an amp under the seat, or possibly just remove the factory amp and fit a quality high powered amp in its place.

This should give most people all the Bass and sound they want all with 100% factory look and functionality. no one will be any wiser that it is not a 100% factory system.

For those wanting to go all out fit some dyna mat to the rear parcel shelf to give that sub something to work with, may be even to doors if you want to go really crazy.
Old 24-11-2008, 12:04 AM   #19
FPV GT40
Banned

The factory amp in the BF GT is a Sanyo, part number 3R2318T805AA, not sure this helps anything, could not work out what it powered or how many channels without pulling out all the boot lining and I did not feel like doing that....

It measures 250mm X 150mm X 60mm in size, so not real big......
Old 24-11-2008, 12:20 AM   #20
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It only powers the sub mate. In a good car audio system, it's wise to get some good quality mid bass up front. However, those of us with premium sound fitted will find that in this configuration, there is a high pass filter ( a signal from the amp to the head unit controls this) to the front and rears eliminating all important mid bass from these speakers. Unplug your sub amp and hear the difference! However an aftermarket amp is a wise choice for the sub and provide a fuller range of frequencies to the remaining speakers fed from the head unit.
15 years of owning Fords and now a Holden Owner. It's not a bad thing!

My FG thread http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11367621
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2008, 01:15 AM   #21
FPV GT40
Banned

Thanks for the info....
Old 24-11-2008, 08:29 PM   #22
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GT40
Stav, done a lot of thinking since our phone conversation the other day....here are the results of my enquiring mind...

Had a real good play with the BF GT stereo today, trying various settings and music types.

This is what I think.....The sub is crap, or the amp is lacking power to drive it, as soon as you introduce any sort of bass it distorts.

Front speakers sound flat and lack punch in the mid range, tweeters seem to be very good and clear.

Rear speakers sound flat and slightly distorted, and also have no punch ie they do not respond quick to the music if that makes sense and have no treble at all.

So in my non expert opinion for stage one improvement you would need to either fit tweeters to the rear or a quality dual cone coaxial speaker.

Some quality splits at the front something with plenty of midrange response.

And a sub that has some snappy bass.

This should give better sound with no disturbance to your valuable GT interior, the only problem I can see is that the factory amp will not power this sufficiently, and you will not get the best out of the money you have spend on speakers.

So option two would be to add an amp under the seat, or possibly just remove the factory amp and fit a quality high powered amp in its place.

This should give most people all the Bass and sound they want all with 100% factory look and functionality. no one will be any wiser that it is not a 100% factory system.

For those wanting to go all out fit some dyna mat to the rear parcel shelf to give that sub something to work with, may be even to doors if you want to go really crazy.
Ok..thanks for your input. I agree for sure.A nice hidden amp and better subwoofer for sure. How about rear door 4 way speakers ? Also add the rear tweeters for a better sound .. We can do this to the fronts as well. I just have to check that we can get some fantastic 4 ways in a brand name quality speaker. I think it will be really nice to listen to. I havent actually been in your car so I cannot comment on its front standard tweeters but I definately can say that adding the two new extra tweeters took the xr8 I did the other day from flat to pretty amazing sound. I cannot say I even heard the stock tweeters in that vehicle.Ironically it filled out the mid range as well...

You can have an amp for the sub or a big amp to run all speakers..

Your doors do not need dynamat btw.They already have a thick foam sound deadener in there.

I will let you decide what you want and I can finalise a quote to suit your needs.

Last edited by Stav; 24-11-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 25-11-2008, 12:50 AM   #23
FPV GT40
Banned

You mentioned adding the tweeters in the XR8 made a huge difference...did the XR8nhave the factory tweeter??? Mine seem to be good but the mid is lacking, may be the additional tweeters will help this as well???

Will get back to you when I get a bit of time and arrange to meet up for some upgrades.......talking to you the other day was confidence inspiting!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 01:28 AM   #24
LUMO

Quote:
Guys I have a long list of parts in front of me right now and I am sorting the pricing for the options. To give you an idea I am thinking along the lines of removing the ford factory subwoofer and replacing it with a great 10 inch pioneer subwoofer.

From there we can couple a 400watts rms mono block pioneer amplifier to power the subwoofer. Replacement of the door speakers with 5 by 7 quality speakers and tweeters in the front as well. Also replacement of rear 5 by 7 speakers with hi quality speakers.If you want to go the extra bit you can also have another 2 tweeters in the back.

Another option is to get a soundstream 5 chanell amplifier and have that powering all of the speakers including the subwoofer.

I do believe that after these upgrades you should install a ticket machine to your car because people will pay to sit in your car.. Prices are coming soon..
Where would you install the 10 inch? are you going to fit it the the tray in the factory sub position? just want to know if your fittting the 10inch to the tray, thats what id like to do. I dont want a box floating it my boot.

Cheers

Previous car:
Ba Xr6 Turbo 340rwkws

Getting old is compulsory, Growing up is optional..............
LUMO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2008, 07:43 PM   #25
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Top Deal
mickyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2008, 05:37 PM   #26
Stav
Smile

10 Inch replaces the factory speaker.

Old 14-12-2008, 12:58 AM   #27
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My logic says you cant fit a 10 inch sub in a 8 inch hole. Are you mounting it from underneath?
15 years of owning Fords and now a Holden Owner. It's not a bad thing!

My FG thread http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11367621
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 05:42 PM   #28
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarby
My logic says you cant fit a 10 inch sub in a 8 inch hole. Are you mounting it from underneath?
My info has been that the factory subwoofer is 10 inch from my car audio wholesaler.

Old 14-12-2008, 06:04 PM   #29
bob^
LPS

It's only 8" unfortunately in the BA-BF
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 07:41 PM   #30
LUMO

yeah, its only a 8 inch, that why i asked if you were going to use the factory postion, i thought maybe you had a braket or something..

Previous car:
Ba Xr6 Turbo 340rwkws

Getting old is compulsory, Growing up is optional..............
LUMO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post