Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 11-02-2016, 03:48 PM   #1
bungfritz
Starter Motor

Default Auto dipping kerbside mirrors in MD Mondeo

I was wondering if anyone who owns an MD Mondeo is able to confirm whether the car dips the kerbside mirror when you put the car into reverse?

I kmow it is a common future on European cars, however it is not listed anywhere on the features list on the brochure.
bungfritz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2016, 06:27 PM   #2
jmfong
Starter Motor

Default Re: Auto dipping kerbside mirrors in MD Mondeo

Hi Bungfritz,

I have a Titanium MD Mondeo and yes the kerbside mirror does dip, but you have to press the left mirror button either before or after putting the car into reverse and the mirror dips. My last couple of cars did this automatically when you put the car into reverse so it's a bit of a hassle having to do this, but at least the feature is there.

I'm not sure if the feature applies to Trend or Ambiente models, I think you need memory seats for this to work.
jmfong is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2016, 07:39 PM   #3
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. You could always use one of these http://www.kptechnologies.com/products.php#/13 . Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2016, 03:09 PM   #4
Mondaveo

The MD Trend I test-drove had this feature. It is one spec in Australia so all Trends should have it. Jmfong is right, it is controlled by the memory module for the electric driver's seat.

Funnily the manual for my MC describes this feature, but it's not on the car because MCs in Australia didn't get full-electric memory seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmfong View Post
the kerbside mirror does dip, but you have to press the left mirror button either before or after putting the car into reverse and the mirror dips. My last couple of cars did this automatically when you put the car into reverse so it's a bit of a hassle having to do this, but at least the feature is there.
Can you not leave the selector switch in the left position, then it will always dip the left mirror when you select reverse? That's my recollection of how it's described: left/right switch position selects to dip left/right mirror, and middle is off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2016, 04:24 PM   #5
DougalXR6

To activate this feature on my MD Trend you have to press the mirror button each time you reverse. You can actually choose which side mirror dips depending on the mirror button you press.
You can also adjust the dipped setting and lock it in with the seat memory button.
This feature is in the owners handbook.
DougalXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-02-2016, 02:19 PM   #6
bungfritz
Starter Motor

Cheers thanks for the response guys, currently awaiting delivery for our car so can't wait to check out all the little nifty features.
Old 13-02-2016, 03:29 PM   #7
DougalXR6

You will have fun as I am still discovering features after owning the car for six weeks. One feature which I can't find any reference to in the owners handbook or the sales brochure is a heated windscreen.
If you look very closely at the windscreen you can see the heating elements. Now I know they are there I can see them easily. There is a button in the climate control area of the dash panel with a picture of what appears to be a windscreen with saw tooth line through it. After pressing the button it will illuminate for around three minutes before turning off.
I had asked the salesman what it was for however, he had no idea.
I will have to wait for winter to try it out now, as well as the heated seats.
DougalXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2016, 05:23 PM   #8
bungfritz
Starter Motor

Ah nice, I didn't know our models come with that. If I recall correctly, if you look in YouTube in the Ford technology section, it's a Window defrogger/defroster function designed for colder climates.
Once you press the button, its supposed to melt the ice and defog your windscreen in a matter of minutes, and alleviates the need to go out with a scraper after parking your car to clear the windscreen.
Old 14-02-2016, 09:26 AM   #9
stuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungfritz View Post
Ah nice, I didn't know our models come with that. If I recall correctly, if you look in YouTube in the Ford technology section, it's a Window defrogger/defroster function designed for colder climates.
Once you press the button, its supposed to melt the ice and defog your windscreen in a matter of minutes, and alleviates the need to go out with a scraper after parking your car to clear the windscreen.
I had this feature on my MC wagon in Germany. It was great since my parking area was in the open but off the street. Those icy and snowy mornings were a bit of a challenge at times since you still had to get in the car (with iced up door seals and snow falling from the roof into the door/onto the seat) to start the engine and press the windscreen heater button. The new features coming with remote start/control via Iphone should help with that one.
MA TDCi Mondeo sedan
AU Fairmont sedan
EL Futura sedan
EF Futura wagon
XD 4 Ltr sedan
stuart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post