Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 21-12-2015, 01:57 PM   #1
EngineerDan
Starter Motor

Default Questions re: MD Titanium

I'm new to the Mondeo owners' community, after just having purchased a 1yo ex-Ford Titanium Wagon. I have a couple of questions that you guys might be able to help me out with:

1. Does anybody know if the Mondeo Titanium has tyre pressure monitoring (TPMS) installed? I don't think it's listed as a feature, but it's a surprising omission given all the other tech installed...

2. Has anybody had any success with updating the Sync 2 software? The functionality through the Ford website doesn't seem to work, but has anybody managed to get it updated through a Ford dealer service department?
EngineerDan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2015, 04:33 PM   #2
JVC063

Default Re: Questions re: MD Titanium

If it doesn't have TPMS installed, it my run through the traction control as the Focus uses for there tyre pressure monitoring. It would be covered in the owners manual.
JVC063 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2015, 06:44 PM   #3
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

If you read at the bottom of the note in the Ford Owners web site it says that SYNC2 updating is not available yet, even though it also says there is an update available!!

Updated successfully via dealer though...
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2015, 06:58 AM   #4
Deo

1. Not in Australia. It was an option in the UK and could be retrofitted - antenna usually are already in place, just needs transmitters installed on the valves. But with the problems the system gives people in the UK, it's really not worth doing.

2. What year is your car? It probably already has the update.

Edit: ignore the above - you are talking about an MD (mk5) and I was thinking of the previous model.

Sent from my GTi-9305 using bloody Tapatalk
MC Ink Blue Diesel Hatch
Deo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2015, 06:02 PM   #5
cyclone1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deo View Post
1. Not in Australia. It was an option in the UK and could be retrofitted - antenna usually are already in place, just needs transmitters installed on the valves. But with the problems the system gives people in the UK, it's really not worth doing.
Issues with TPMS are not just confined to the Mondeo. Look at any of the Honda or Mazda forums to understand the grief that owners experience with false alarms, etc.