Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-07-2014, 05:48 AM   #1
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Default So what is new on the performance front? au sixes?

It has been some time that I have posted in the au section but I am seeing some oddly quick times which prompted me to ask you guys something. We never has e85 race fuel back in the days we ran our cars just 98 so the standards were set at that level. I have used it in my xr6t with no other changed and the car went alot quicker.
So my question is how much power has e85 over 98 and what does it equate to over the 1/4 mile?

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-07-2014, 10:32 AM   #2
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

Default Re: So what is new on the performance front? au sixes?

I don't know of anyone running an N/A six with e85, I have been considering it, but from all reports there aren't a lot of gains N/A. Forced induction is a different story though. The expense of changing the fuel system, injectors and tune is just not worth the minor results in N/A from what I hear, happy to be proven wrong though.

If anyone has gone down this path N/A, I'd love to hear about their results. I know the saloon car guys all run e85 these days.

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2014, 02:21 PM   #3
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Hey Stav, how ya been mate?

When are you selling your Camry and upgrading to an AU?
Old 02-07-2014, 03:51 PM   #4
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Trust you to ask a speed question Stav! LOL
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2014, 10:36 PM   #5
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

UK hehe can't help myself lol. Sox buddy been alright a few health hiccups across the past few years but doing ok now. Rick you need to drive one of these things but wish I had room to have kept the Au. ..such is life. How you been ?

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2014, 08:54 AM   #6
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav View Post
UK hehe can't help myself lol. Sox buddy been alright a few health hiccups across the past few years but doing ok now. Rick you need to drive one of these things but wish I had room to have kept the Au. ..such is life. How you been ?
Yeh hope not too serious? My Father has had a rough trot the last 3 years too, but he's out of the woods now.

I've driven a few FG's they're not for me, not into any of the modern era cars, all a bit soft and sterile.
They perform fantastic, but they've lost a lot in the process.

I have quite a collection of AU's now, they're all here somewhere...

This might be your favorite -

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11404696
Old 03-07-2014, 10:40 AM   #7
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

Stav, what work had you done to your old wagon to run the 14.21 N/A? Head and cam work?

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2014, 02:59 PM   #8
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Stav, I don't think there would be any gain from E85. The I6 just doesn't have the compression needed to take full advantage of the high octane even with a ton of timing wound on.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #9
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Stav, I don't think there would be any gain from E85. The I6 just doesn't have the compression needed to take full advantage of the high octane even with a ton of timing wound on.
Yep exactly - try upwards of 14 to 1 NA to get best results with pure blend race e85

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2014, 03:51 PM   #10
Sox
RIP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted View Post
Yep exactly - try upwards of 14 to 1 NA to get best results with pure blend race e85
Or forced...