Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 26-06-2005, 10:45 PM   #1
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Plex today, last meeting for winter

Well we had our last meeting here this weekend and the track showed it. There must have been bugger all track prep as it was crap.

I took my new XR6T, sports a stock dump pipe and zorst with just a hiflow cat, Typhoon cai, Nizpro injectors and obviously one of my tunes.

12.91@112 mph 2.3 60 on 19 inch street tyres(true street)

Matt ran a 13.3 @108.7 with a 2.3 60

My GTP would have been more at home on an ice ring, 2.5 60 13.9 108 and ididnt bother runing it again. After attempting to throttle off 3 times in first i soon realised my tyres arent upto the task.

anyways was a nice day.

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 10:52 PM   #2
rodderz

Good to see you guys went out anyway

I know how you feel about the grip thing, usually when I trek up to heathcote I get that!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 10:53 PM   #3
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
Well we had our last meeting here this weekend and the track showed it. There must have been bugger all track prep as it was crap.

I took my new XR6T, sports a stock dump pipe and zorst with just a hiflow cat, Typhoon cai, Nizpro injectors and obviously one of my tunes.

My GTP would have been more at home on an ice ring, 2.5 60 13.9 108 and ididnt bother runing it again. After attempting to throttle off 3 times in first i soon realised my tyres arent upto the task.

anyways was a nice day.
Well done on the times on the XR6T 12.91 @112 is a fine effort.I know what u mean about traction on our beloved BOSS powered animals. :
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 10:53 PM   #4
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Good to see you guys went out anyway

I know how you feel about the grip thing, usually when I trek up to heathcote I get that!
That must of been the excess oil off the barbie. :yeees:
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 26-06-2005, 10:57 PM   #5
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVGT

Man it ws absolute crap,like simon said we would have been better of drivin on ice. :

"Hate it or love,the underdogs on top"
GT-P 738 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 11:02 PM   #6
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-P 738
Man it ws absolute crap,like simon said we would have been better of drivin on ice. :
I think that's when u need some decent tyres.The M/T radials are the way to go.A few were using them on Sat and they were blowing a few away off the line.They work very well.
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
Old 26-06-2005, 11:34 PM   #7
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Theres no grease left, we ate it..lol..4:
Quote:
Hi Matt, is the start line there concrete?

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 11:47 PM   #8
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Theres no grease left, we ate it..lol..4:

Hi Matt, is the start line there concrete?
No its asphalt and mark it looked like the burnout pad from the summernats,man it was shocking. :gren:

Old 26-06-2005, 11:53 PM   #9
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Matt you have standard FPV brakes, Daves ute yesterday has the same brakes they have got a 16'' steelie over the brakes..
16x255 M/T radials $275 each good value, go halfs with someone cut the costs.

Old 27-06-2005, 12:24 AM   #10
toby123
Boosted TQE FTW

Quote:

anyways was a nice day.
Ah bugger......

The HSV club didnt look like they had much trouble with the track,that walky running 12.4's on street tread was cool........

Project: EF Falcon Turbo... Not long till back on the road.....
toby123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 12:42 AM   #11
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby123
Ah bugger......

The HSV club didnt look like they had much trouble with the track,that walky running 12.4's on street tread was cool........
the difference is they dont weigh as much as these things and they are easier to get of the line.

On a side note most(all) of the cars that were running sub 13 sec passes were on slicks.

Old 27-06-2005, 12:44 AM   #12
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
Matt you have standard FPV brakes, Daves ute yesterday has the same brakes they have got a 16'' steelie over the brakes..
16x255 M/T radials $275 each good value, go halfs with someone cut the costs.
Mark ive got brembos mate,if i could find a set of 18 inch slicks or semi treaded tyres to suit i would buy them as these things are costing me $500 odd bucks now so even $350 atyre would be ok as i dont drive it on the street much anyway,it just sits in the shed.

Old 27-06-2005, 01:05 AM   #13
SpoolMan

Matt, the most cost affective way around it is buy two 2nd hand AU disc's and calipers, put them on the rear when you want to race, you will fit any rim 15'' and above on the back..

Old 27-06-2005, 01:07 AM   #14
toby123
Boosted TQE FTW

Quote:
the difference is they dont weigh as much as these things and they are easier to get of the line.

On a side note most(all) of the cars that were running sub 13 sec passes were on slicks.
There were not many cars on slicks.......... And if the track was so bad, slicks wouldnt of helped that much....... Slicks need a better track then street tyres to perform.

Project: EF Falcon Turbo... Not long till back on the road.....
toby123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 01:53 AM   #15
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ah bugger......

actually all the cars that run 12 had mikey t's on, that walky did the 12.4 on them then he went to the streets and ran 13's

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Old 27-06-2005, 01:54 AM   #16
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
There were not many cars on slicks.......... And if the track was so bad, slicks wouldnt of helped that much....... Slicks need a better track then street tyres to perform.

no mate, thats not right, the track was crap, my GTP usually runs 2.0 60's... It was that crap i couldnt even stall the Turbo up at all, i literally drove it off the line.

Old 27-06-2005, 02:22 AM   #17
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well done on the times on the XR6T 12.91 @112 is a fine effort.I know what u mean about traction on our beloved BOSS powered animals. :
thanks alex, i dont think ive ever raced on a track that slipery. Kwinana has a concrete start line bit we have had 3 weeks of rain and no track preps... Apart from the T runing nice it was a very dissapointing outing. Only thing that saved the T's times was obviously being able to get moving without it comming on boost straight away. I mean 2.3 60 is pretty lame but it still went quite well

Old 27-06-2005, 02:20 PM   #18
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
thanks alex, i dont think ive ever raced on a track that slipery. Kwinana has a concrete start line bit we have had 3 weeks of rain and no track preps... Apart from the T runing nice it was a very dissapointing outing. Only thing that saved the T's times was obviously being able to get moving without it comming on boost straight away. I mean 2.3 60 is pretty lame but it still went quite well
Are you sure that start line is concrete,im not sayin your wrong and i have never had a good look but it just looks like asphalt.

Like driving away from the lights on the street was the only way to get it moving.

Yeah and that walkie ran 13's all day on streeters and after all i think simons turbo was the ONLY car that went sub 13 on streeters.

Old 27-06-2005, 02:22 PM   #19
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No its asphalt and mark it looked like the burnout pad from the summernats,man it was shocking. :gren:
Apparently its concrete mark as i was informed by simon,he's had more track time than me and would know better, but like i said it was crapola.

Old 27-06-2005, 03:15 PM   #20
SpoolMan

Alex was having a hard time with traction on Saturday, he found it best to drive around the water and just drive it off the line... helped a bit 2.38 - 60 foot et:13.4@112.11mph

Old 27-06-2005, 05:46 PM   #21
ricthewheelie
Frantic Ford Fanatic

They haven't done a track scrape in a while, I'll ask Ray about it next Westside Drag racing association meeting, bits of rubber were spitting off the burnout pad back towards the hole in the wall.
A least I got a baseline on my car so that if I get any more tuning done I can see it on the G-Tech, which was showing times 3/10ths quicker than the track.
Beautifull day weather wise.
Old 27-06-2005, 06:00 PM   #22
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricthewheelie
They haven't done a track scrape in a while, I'll ask Ray about it next Westside Drag racing association meeting, bits of rubber were spitting off the burnout pad back towards the hole in the wall.
A least I got a baseline on my car so that if I get any more tuning done I can see it on the G-Tech, which was showing times 3/10ths quicker than the track.
Beautifull day weather wise.
mate if you have a word in someones ear thatw ould be great, as you know we shell out a lot of money to bring these or any cars to the track and to get there and it be is just a bit dissapointing. :

Old 27-06-2005, 06:58 PM   #23
ricthewheelie
Frantic Ford Fanatic

Quote:
mate if you have a word in someones ear thatw ould be great, as you know we shell out a lot of money to bring these or any cars to the track and to get there and it be is just a bit dissapointing. :
If you email dragracing@motorplex.com.au then the message will get through to Ray, but I'll mention it at the meeting anyway
Old 27-06-2005, 07:24 PM   #24
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricthewheelie
If you email dragracing@motorplex.com.au then the message will get through to Ray, but I'll mention it at the meeting anyway
Thanks man!!!

Done

Old 27-06-2005, 08:01 PM   #25
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks man!!!

Done
Hi Matthew

There is a lot of issues to take in account when preparing the racing surface ... As you already mentioned it had not been run on in over 3 weeks which tends to let it go off a little, however we washed it and rubbed it as much as possible being as it rained right up until Sunday morning here at the track we could not get as much time on it as we would have liked. The other thing we have to contend with on Street Meets especially after wet weather is the amount of sand, dust and whatever else that falls out of the cars, this is the biggest killer of traction. Also even though the sun was out the track it had very little temp in it to help the VHT come around. Also as with all street meets, street tyres cause the track to deteriate as the day goes on. Even though the guys were trying to help it along by spraying the startline periodically, with the amount of dirt on the track it was never going to be optimal.

In closing yes we do try to provide the best possible track at each and every event, however the track at Street Meets in the winter months is never going to be as good as Street Meets run during the summer season. Hopefully the weather gods will shine on us a little better next season and allow us to do our normal thing with the track preparation at all events.

Regards

Ray Treasure
Drag Racing Manager

Old 27-06-2005, 10:24 PM   #26
rodderz

That was a well put and professional reply by Ray

I think heathcote has a concrete launch pad too, at times you'd swear you could drive out onto the road out of the place and get more traction from a standing start. On street tyres it's extremely hard to get anything decent. You need a well prepped or recently prepped track or the track to improve with faster slick tyred cars putting down more rubber on the surface. I've always found calder to have way more grip than Heathcote, yet others say otherwise
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 04:40 PM   #27
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
That was a well put and professional reply by Ray

I think heathcote has a concrete launch pad too, at times you'd swear you could drive out onto the road out of the place and get more traction from a standing start. On street tyres it's extremely hard to get anything decent. You need a well prepped or recently prepped track or the track to improve with faster slick tyred cars putting down more rubber on the surface. I've always found calder to have way more grip than Heathcote, yet others say otherwise
Ray

Thanks for your speedy reply to the matter and I understand all the issues faced by your people in ardueous conditions and varying levels of car prep ie:oil leaks,sand & whatever else a car would emit in these conditions.

I did notice the guys spraying the track with ET from time to time which was probably adding to the problem due to the fact as you mentioned no heat in the track. Once again I am by no means having a shot at anybody more expressing my slight disappointment at the grip levels which I guess affected me in trying to run an new PB and could not do so.

I am sure once the new season starts in September we will see the track back to its good ol self and producing some exciting et’s.

Regards

Old 28-06-2005, 10:32 PM   #28
Chris
AFF.com.au

Simon, your turning into a ricer...................

wouldn't surprise me if your next move would be to trade the GT on a 'phoon!lol

that'd never happen..............
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 11:49 PM   #29
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Simon, your turning into a ricer...................

wouldn't surprise me if your next move would be to trade the GT on a 'phoon!lol

that'd never happen..............
Argh, the ESP is kickin in i see Chris.