Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-02-2009, 11:44 PM   #241
Ronza

My boss lost his house at marysville and friends of myself and my partner lost everything house, cars and very much loved horses near whittlesea ...

This is something that will effect all australians in many ways!!!!

YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUVE GOT TILL ITS GONE IS SO TRUE!!!!

Are there Any members on here had loss that have lost anything house cars pets family my thoughts are with you!!!

THE QUESTION IS NOT...
WHAT CAR I WILL DRIVE TODAY???
THE QUESTION IS WHICH AU WILL I DRIVE TODAY!!!
Ronza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2009, 11:50 PM   #242
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well my thoughts are with all affected by this.

If it is arson for any of the fires I would like five minutes alone with the scum,just to show them the error of their ways.........

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 01:23 AM   #243
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

I donated $150 thru work today *westpac* they will match $1 for $1 what ever employees put in, ill find out what it was up to just for our section but last i heard today was about 1.5K, im far from being loaded but they need it more than me atm and i hope im never in that situation.

condolences to all that have lost family/friends/friends of friends, this has effected alot of people and a few people I am in contact with in our branches down there are still missing family/friends :S....

its mental that qld is under water, and its a furnace in VIC, ive never seen or heard of anything like it, by that I mean happening at once, aust is known for its harsh climate and we have had some shockers over the years but this is intense.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 01:44 AM   #244
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

I was going to buy a game for my PS3 but I would feel guilty so I donated the value of the game to the appeal. Does not make me feel any better. This whole thing has really made me angry and upset. It is horrible what some people have gone through. I cannot imagine what it is like and well I don't even know anymore.. Words just can't explain..
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 02:32 AM   #245
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiapan
The army reserve called me at work today, i said im prepared to go right now to help fight the fires.

i have $12,000 debt and $100 in the bank, but tonight im going to donate $50 anyway, if i can struggle for the rest of the week on $50, im sure everyone else on this forum can try to make a differance, please be generous guys
Ditto, I've got a mortgage payment due, no job (damn GEC) and no money in the bank. But another $50 on the credit card wont matter to me, hopefully it will matter to someone on the other side of the country.
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 02:53 AM   #246
BlueKoop
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well they told us to expect worse ... its now 171. I certainly will be donating some money this pay as well.

1973 Vivid Blue Pearl XB Coupe

Engine Build up and progress thread

New Car

2008 FG F6 Ute
BlueKoop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #247
AndrewE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoloid
Ditto, I've got a mortgage payment due, no job (damn GEC) and no money in the bank. But another $50 on the credit card wont matter to me, hopefully it will matter to someone on the other side of the country.
Been trying to make a donation since 5pm yesterday..
redcross website is not working and hotline is always engaged..
but, i gotta keep on trying...
AndrewE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 09:18 AM   #248
Falcon4L
'04 BA XT

woke up this morning to see my friends on the front cover of the herald sun. My girlfriend burst into tears. You hope when you wake up in the morning everything is alright, but something is always there to remind you..

RIP penny and mel

80 series Turbo Diesel Cruiser
Falcon4L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #249
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewE
Been trying to make a donation since 5pm yesterday..
redcross website is not working and hotline is always engaged..
but, i gotta keep on trying...
It took me about 30mins to get on to the Red Cross website yesterday. You do just have to keep trying though...

But put it this way, if the website and the phones are so jammed with people donating then I am truly am proud to be Australian.

I am also the same BA GT-HO, I feel physically sick in my stomach. I have donated more than I have ever donated in my life, and seeing if I can manage more, but have this incredible sot of sick feeling. Growing up on the edge of the Shire in Sydney I grew up with bushfires. Mates lost houses and it wasn't summer without filling gutters with water and being evacuated, but absolutely NOTHING compared with this. It just it beyond comprehension and is bringing tears to my eyes again now...
Old 10-02-2009, 09:51 AM   #250
AndrewE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinch
It took me about 30mins to get on to the Red Cross website yesterday. You do just have to keep trying though...

But put it this way, if the website and the phones are so jammed with people donating then I am truly am proud to be Australian.
Too true buddy, it aslo just puts a reality check on everything..
Now it seems that everything else is so insignificant, the debts, work, everything just doesn't matter no more..
AndrewE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 10:08 AM   #251
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

A poll on the ninemsn website this morning, possibly the only poll that's ever grabbed my attention.

Should the $950 stimulus bonus be diverted to to bushfire funds?

Unfortunately there's no button for Absobloddylutely.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 10:13 AM   #252
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

I saw this pic on the Herald Sun website and just found it beautiful. The headline says it all.

07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #253
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Yep Russell - love that pic....but reading the stories is heart wrenching. Puts things into perspective thats for sure
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 10:59 AM   #254
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That is so touching. On the subject of animals the RSPCA is relocating animals from it's shelters, including at Bendigo, to take care of animals affected by this. To make a donation, or offer your assistance please follow this link
http://www.rspcavic.org/campaigns_ne..._bushfires.htm

If anyone has horses and has been affected by this please PM me and I would like to help out if I can. I can also put you in touch with agistment, feed places and if you need any equipment replaced.
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 11:13 AM   #255
Pinch
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It appears that Coles will be donating the profits from the takings of its 750 stores on Friday to the appeal. Might be a good day to shop at Coles.

Source: http://www.coles.com.au/about/news/d...20donation.pdf

(from www.coles.com.au)

I was due to do my shopping today, but might just do a small one and spend up big on Friday.

Last edited by Pinch; 10-02-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Pinch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #256
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Attention

I donated very easily lastnight by using the commonwealth banks bushfire appeal account. They have set this account up for the lot to go into the bushfire appeal. It's very simple to do and you don't have to call up and be placed into a cue, you can just do it over the internet.

Here is the link-

http://www.commbank.com.au/about-us/...ireappeal.aspx

I would urge everyone to at least donate $20.00

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 11:28 AM   #257
Rob
Living the dream

It's probably been posted before, but I think it's worth repeating.

Red Cross is accepting donations.

Details below

http://www.redcross.org.au/vic/servi...ppeal-2009.htm

I'll probably pitch in at Coles on Friday, too.

EDIT -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSSXR8
Attention

I donated very easily lastnight by using the commonwealth banks bushfire appeal account. They have set this account up for the lot to go into the bushfire appeal. It's very simple to do and you don't have to call up and be placed into a cue, you can just do it over the internet.

Here is the link-

http://www.commbank.com.au/about-us/...ireappeal.aspx

I would urge everyone to at least donate $20.00
Agreed, I donated using that link, takes less than 5 minutes.

Last edited by Rob; 10-02-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 11:29 AM   #258
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
I saw this pic on the Herald Sun website and just found it beautiful. The headline says it all.

Heh, he drove my schoolbus for a bit, top bloke!

My 4c (2 x 2c)

2c - Whoever here is in a position to donate a weeks' pay, please do so. Sure, it might put you a week behind on your mortgage, or put off the holiday you've been planning, or that set of rims or exhaust for your car, but you can live without that. Giving your week's pay will provide the needy with money to survive on.

2c - Those thinking of cruises for the bushfire. Nice thought, but how about putting the money you would have used to fill your tank into the bushfire appeal instead. If 20 people were thinking of going on the cruise, and were all chucking in $20 each into their tanks, that 20 x $20 = $400 that could have gone towards the appeal. Everybody knows that there's an appeal, be it thru Red Cross, CFA, or the Bushfire appeal, because the media is bombarding us with it. A cruise from a splinter-group car club will help in a small way, but making a straightforward donation will help far more, even if there's less symbolism involved.

Getting back to the week's pay thing. Dollar-wise I may have contributed more than Tiapan in this case, but mate, you're in debt and you donated half of what you had left in the bank regardless. That's a far bigger show of generosity than me merely donating a week's pay while still having savings in the bank.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #259
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Take from LS1.com. Not sure if these have been posted yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8 V8
Aerial view of Marysville after the bushfires tore through the area

This pic shows that mammoth task the firies face.

They're stretched past the limit and still in there doing what they can.
The thing that tugged at my heartstrings was seeing some of the CFA members in there fighting hard to save others houses and lives, while knowing full well their own houses were burning to the ground elsewhere.

A 737 passing the smoke plume over Kinglake shows the sheer size of the task

An image speaks a thousand words

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 11:45 AM   #260
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #261
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the images just show the massive size of what they have to deal with

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 12:06 PM   #262
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just be a little careful as some of the images may upset some people

http://tools.goldcoast.com.au//photo...791&offset=168

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 12:10 PM   #263
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
Heh, he drove my schoolbus for a bit, top bloke!

My 4c (2 x 2c)

2c - Whoever here is in a position to donate a weeks' pay, please do so. Sure, it might put you a week behind on your mortgage, or put off the holiday you've been planning, or that set of rims or exhaust for your car, but you can live without that. Giving your week's pay will provide the needy with money to survive on.

2c - Those thinking of cruises for the bushfire. Nice thought, but how about putting the money you would have used to fill your tank into the bushfire appeal instead. If 20 people were thinking of going on the cruise, and were all chucking in $20 each into their tanks, that 20 x $20 = $400 that could have gone towards the appeal. Everybody knows that there's an appeal, be it thru Red Cross, CFA, or the Bushfire appeal, because the media is bombarding us with it. A cruise from a splinter-group car club will help in a small way, but making a straightforward donation will help far more, even if there's less symbolism involved.

Getting back to the week's pay thing. Dollar-wise I may have contributed more than Tiapan in this case, but mate, you're in debt and you donated half of what you had left in the bank regardless. That's a far bigger show of generosity than me merely donating a week's pay while still having savings in the bank.
Good thoughts,

Guys its February, before to long you will be getting your Tax stuff together for the 08 09 year, and asking your self what you have to claim. remember all donations over $2.00 are tax deductable so why not insted of the mad panic come the end of June to get some deductions, you dig deep now?

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #264
DashXR6T
Dash FG XR6T

I highly think that the Victorian Government need to have a much bigger output into this Disaster. Along with the Victorian Police Department & Councils i think every traffic fine eg: Speeding, Red Light, Parking Fines etc should all be donated towards this foundation for at least an entire month then that way Millions would be raised and it would definately help those really in need instead of the cash going into the Governments pocket!
The New: FG XR6 Turbo in Dash:Sunroof, Custom Exhaust with Quad 3.5" Tips, Xr8 Bonnet, 20"GT Rims, Lowered on SSSL & SSL King Springs. Growler Intake, 30% Tint, Viper 2 Way Alarm, Philips Diamond Vision 5000K Headlights&Foggies

The Old AU Series III Fairmont Ghia, Sunroof, Leather, Prem Sound, Lowered On SSSL+SSL King Springs,Tint,19" BF Super Pursuit Rims, 6000K HID's, 2.5 Inch Exhaust+Twin Tips. Fairlane Chrome Mirrors.
System:Alpine Dvd Player, 2x12" Alpine TyreR Subs, Pioneer Mono Amp.
DashXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #265
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We have donated some already, will wait and see before I donate more - hearing bits and pieces of people matching donations etc, so if I can find something like that will jump on it

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #266
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Just heard on the radio that looters are becoming an issue in Wandong.

Although in the same report they said a group of people were seen loading up a trailer that had been backed up to a house and were caught by the locals. Locals dealt with them.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 01:44 PM   #267
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
Just heard on the radio that looters are becoming an issue in Wandong.

Although in the same report they said a group of people were seen loading up a trailer that had been backed up to a house and were caught by the locals. Locals dealt with them.
Good to hear they got dealt with! At the servo at Wandong during the fire on Saturday afternoon they closed the doors, when they went back 1 hour or so after, all ciggs and everything else that could be carried were gone ....... animals.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #268
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I look at the commercial tv channels and think, they are they only people/companies making money out of this.

I hate that. They should put every cent of profit from advertising to this.
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #269
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

It is just unreal. I want to watch the news in the morning to hear the latest, but its so gut wrenching to see the people and what they have lost.

We have a pile of clothes for St.Vinnies, any idea if there is something/somewhere we can take it so it goes to VIC?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #270
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

The company I work for is looking into ways that we can help, we are not for profit so we can't give large amount like the big companies but our staff are gathering as much stuff to donate as possible and even the services we offer to those that have been effected.

I work in the ICT department and all our old phones (that werre only upgraded for 3G ones) are going to our offices in Horsham and Bendigo to help give people a line of communication to family and friends and other services.

Im no stranger to bushfires with my family being mostly farming people but this is just tragic and my condolences to all those that have even lost a small amount. I was watching the news and it was footage of the fire moving forward faster then a runner!! Just insane no wonder people didn't have much of a chance.

04' BA XR6 - Blueprint - 6 Speed with Rip Shift - HD Clutch
2.5"/BFGT Exhaust System with Quad Tips - 4490's Extractors
19" ROH Flares - 20% Underdrives - Interior Colour Coded - Sunroof - BOSS Bonnet
Stage 2 Crow Cam's - Crow Cam's Valve Springs - BPR Airbox
M86 LSD Diff with 4.1s - Upgraded Brakes with Slotted DBA 4000's
Leather Interior - Rear Power Windows

Projects Underway: Sound System
Tuddy200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post