Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-03-2008, 08:04 PM   #1
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Default Side stripes on a focus

I'm really looking into getting some side stripes for my black LT. Some mid-deep metallic blue ones to go with the blue calipers. You guys reckon they would look any good ??
Some do a photoshop for me? :

Anyone have any, and if so, do they look any good on an LT?? Or will it just make me look like a try hard Xr5

Link for the stripes is here - http://www.dmb.uk.com/view.asp?id=663

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2008, 11:20 PM   #2
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

hey mate, dunno about how they'll look on the foci, i'm sure they'll look good. i bought some metallic grey side stripes for the fez and they look really nice, good quality vinyl too. Got them from the same place, dmb graphics. off ebay though.
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2008, 09:14 PM   #3
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Regan, Have you checked out the Gallery Section of eurofordclub.com

There's quite a few photos from past Cruises of some of the N.S.W. members' cars (Fiesta/Focus) that might give you an idea of what to expect.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2008, 09:32 PM   #4
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Thanks Eddie.
I've already ordered them, just still not sure whether they're going on or not . I'll have a look at them on the car before I stick them on. Think they prob will end up going on.

Old 29-03-2008, 11:52 PM   #5
Turbodiesel
Torquer

If you want to make your car look different then I say go for it, you're not trying to make it look like an XR5 anyway

2007 LT Focus TDCi S
Bluefin Remap - K&N Apollo CAI - 2.5" Turbo-back Straight Pipe - 24mm Rear Sway bar - LT Zetec Bodykit - Black Projector Head Lights - LED Tail lights - DMB Overlays - Alloy Pedals - Scuff Plates - Sports Gear Knob - LV XR5 Springs - LV XR5 Wheels - Pirelli P-Zero Nero
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #6
RJO89
EuroFordClub

All done -

Old 07-04-2008, 02:53 PM   #7
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

So, are you happy with the end result? Maybe a photo of your Focus in a natural setting might give a better impression? Just a thought.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2008, 10:26 AM   #8
Spazzsfocus
RS Dreamer!

I agree with Fast Eddie, some natural lighting will really show off the new "go fast" stripes.... plus we'll be able to see the calipers more clearly and thus tie them in well with the blue in the stripes IMO.
Spazzsfocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2008, 11:21 AM   #9
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Yeah, I will have to take some in the daytime. Might get an opportunity tonight.
Forgot to mention, too, that I have noticed a significant increase in power since putting the go fast stripes on. Probably around 10-20hp

Old 08-04-2008, 11:35 AM   #10
ptwhite2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgecrusher89
Yeah, I will have to take some in the daytime. Might get an opportunity tonight.
Forgot to mention, too, that I have noticed a significant increase in power since putting the go fast stripes on. Probably around 10-20hp
Where do you live that you can take daytime shots at night?

If you'd bought a red Focus to start with you wouldn't need the stripes. Red's easily faster than any of the other colours
ptwhite2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2008, 12:33 PM   #11
RJO89
EuroFordClub

lol I must still be in daylight savings time, where the sun didn't go down til around 10pm :
Yeah I guess I should have gotten red. Then if there were stripes on that one, it would have been bordering on a bugatti!!! :

Old 08-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #12
opium
XR Experiment

Just a hint, when shooting a black car with black rims....

Always use a heap of tyre shine
opium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2008, 10:04 PM   #13
RJO89
EuroFordClub

hehe I took the photo at the wrong time. I actually used a ton of tyre shine just after I took that photo!! Probably should have realised how much better it looked after it had been sprayed. Will remember for future reference