Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FTF Car Club of NSW > Club Discussions

Old 24-01-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
BAWagonWheels

Default Fitted fog lights.

Had scored a set of foggies on Ebay for $30, yeah I'm a cheapskate as I'm dirt poor. Today had them fitted and it looks mean... I looked up the escarpment and thank goodness I got them as it was total blanket of fog clouds on the mountain. I didn't touch the space where the cornering lights would be as I'm waiting for those to become dirt cheap and plus I heard cornering lights don't do much, more like just looking pretty add-on. The lens cover is blue which gives the fog lights the white light. Also the beams directed to the road in front with a dispersed span of 10 metres which don't cause undue dazzle to others around. It will also suit daytime running lights during country road trips for safe visibility. I should get a night shot when I get the chance.

BAWagonWheels is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Looks good Peter. I like the technical term "dazzle".

Would like to see a night shot or two. Will see it this weekend in the flesh.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2007, 06:57 PM   #3
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The lights look good Pete,they certainly are a good fit in the front bar.You'll get plenty of use out of them down your way.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2007, 10:44 PM   #4
BAWagonWheels

Wink

Here are the night shots... taken tonight with some rain. I can see better in the rain with these fog lights.

BAWagonWheels is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2007, 09:06 AM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Nice ... I have a similar setup on the ute (using Hella FF75 lights and Yellow Osram globes ... had to get the globes from overseas though ... strange).

Makes it much better in fog of the early morning the last couple of days in the rain (especially near the turf farms)
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 09:04 AM   #6
BIGDOG

I have an interesting wiring diagram for day time running lights if any one is interested
1. Start engine --Lights on
2. Turn lights on --lights off
3. High beam --Lights on
I have found these very good on our country roads- Better visability & Legal

Bigdog
Old 03-03-2007, 09:35 AM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I was thinking about getting the Narva DRL kit ... which in essence is what Telstra opt for from Ford ... but I find I can just turn my lights on and off when i need.

Plus everytime I get in the car I turn my lights on .... yeah I drive during the day with low beam on .... I find it better/safer ... especially in traffic.

Mainly when taxis decide to change lanes without looking sometimes ... even when they take a quick glance of their mirror ... they see lights. And if they don't see my low beam .... I flash my highbeam ... THEN THEY SEE ME.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 05:43 PM   #8
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to hijack the thread but yeah BIGDOG, i'm interested in that diagram.

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2007, 07:38 PM   #9
BIGDOG

These are not what Mechan1k is talking about
email me and I will send them to you(large file)