Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.
|Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|09-09-2005, 08:55 PM||#1|
now owns a Vee Dub
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sthn NSW
This thread is to show you how to post pictures of items you have for sale.
There are 2 main ways to do it. For both of these methods you will need to have the photos on your computer, and they will need to be of a reasonable size (not too huge and not too small).
Method 1: Attaching the picture to your post
If you are posting in a thread, you can attach pictures to your post which other users can then download and see for themselves.
To do this:-
1) Look to the bottom of the screen when typing in your post, where it says "additional options". In the middle of this area there will be a button saying 'Manage Attachments'. See the following pic:
2) Once you click the button, another window will open on your screen. See the following pic:
3 Click "Browse" (any of the buttons that says it), and use the explorer to find the picture file you want to upload.
Once you have found the file, click OK and the uploader will the process it for you. If the process has worked, your screen should now show you the filename listed like this:
4) Repeat this process for as many files as you want to attach. You can attach a maximum of 9 files to each post. To remove an attachment, click "remove" in the file uploader window.
5) Once you have uploaded your attachments, click "Close This Window", and the uploader window will close. You will then be returned to the Posting window where you type your message.
6)Once you've typed your message, click "Submit Reply" and you're done!
Method 2: Using Webspace to Host Your Pictures
The second way to put pictures into your posts is to use personal webspace to host your pictures. In short, you upload your pictures to another website, then link to the pictures so they show up on this one.
Some common (and free) webspace sites include:
For this tutorial, we will use photobucket.com.
1) Sign up for webspace. Each website has its own way for you to do this and it is very easy to do. The vast majority of them are free of charge and will not ask for your personal details.
2) Use the site's uploader tool to get your photos online. The uploader tool is similar to the fordforums one - it will ask you to find the file on your computer, then confirm you want to upload it. See the following pic:
3) The file will upload, and then you will see it like in this photo:
4) Underneath the photo you will see a number of boxes with text in them. These are your hyperlinks, and they are what you use to link to fordforums so the pictures show up in your post.
5) Copy the hyperlink that starts with [IMG] and which has the url starting with https://. Place it into your post on FordForums where you want the picture to appear, like in this photo (which doesn't have the https and is thus out of date):
6) Finish writing your post, then click "submit reply".
7) You're done! The site will now show you your post. If you need to make changes, click 'edit' in the bottom right hand corner of your post and it will take you back to the window where you typed it, and allow you to make changes.
If you have trouble with any of this, PM or email me or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2015 VW Amarok 4MOTION 6sp
2015 Hyundai Tucson ActiveX (for mrs b2tf)
1997 EL GT 037 - Burgundy, Manual
Last edited by russellw; 25-03-2017 at 10:12 AM.
|20-05-2006, 10:42 AM||#2|
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Central Coast NSW
Another way of adding an image into your posts is to use the 'insert image' icon that appears in the post reply to thread dialogue box.
If you know where the image you wish to add to the thread is located online (rightclick on the photo, then click properties & it will display the images location)
Simply click on the yellow mountain icon, add in the images online location, and the 'img' html coding tabs will be automatically added.
Last edited by wulos; 20-05-2006 at 10:54 AM.