Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 25-04-2006, 11:17 PM   #31
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ouch eh....

I've had the pulled-up-in-driveway happen to me too over here in WA. I was driving an unregoed vehicle at the time and they were up my *** for a good 400m before I pulled into my driveway (which is in a residential off-the-main-street grove). ****ers turned their lights on and blared the siren for 5 seconds even though my car was turned off and I was out of the car

Sometimes I think they do it just to be bastards... Lets just that that one altercation with those certain officers from Cannington were the first officers to EVER ИИИИ me off...
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 12:59 AM   #32
2kool4u

Location: I live in my own little world, but it's alright, the people know me here

I've only ever been pulled over for RBT's, one of them pulling into tafe at 12noon, who the hell goes to tafe at 12 drunk??

Anyone else got a fine for not having your licence on you?
2kool4u is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 10:49 AM   #33
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kool4u
I've only ever been pulled over for RBT's, one of them pulling into tafe at 12noon, who the hell goes to tafe at 12 drunk??

Anyone else got a fine for not having your licence on you?
I was lucky. What I said about the "Failure to Give Way" fine after my accident, I didn't have my licence on me at the time. When I told the cops, they basically said "Oh well, we'll just check the computer". They were fine with that, and didn't bother fining me for not carrying my licence. That's the great thing about country cops, they are more lenient.

Daily 2010 FG XR50T ute - Lightning Strike
6 speed manual, XR8 bonnet, hardlid, Streetfighter airbox

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 10:52 PM   #34
Fishman

I got pulled over in front of my gf's place on my back from getting pizzas years ago.

They saw my car fly past with some neons on (i know ricer, I've grown up now) and followed me into the street and pulled me up.

By the time they caught me i had them turned off, so they just gave me a warning (neons were a hazard or something)

Too bloody embarrasing as my Gf, her mother, sister, brother and dad all came out to watch! great!
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 11:02 PM   #35
JETME

i got pulled ova about 18times in 4months not 1 fine! in my old car, gee's they loved my VL, i think all Vl's in general, biggest pullova car
JETME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 03:37 PM   #36
sven

VL's are just screaming to be pulled over. so many people do stupid mods and get done for it. funny as. thats one reason i love cruising with VL's: they get pulled up and i get away :
Old 27-04-2006, 11:37 PM   #37
santoitaliano
BF F6, APV SR3900

mate had a vl with walki's... no problems.. they went balled so had some stockies with perfect tread on them and has been pulled over 4 times including 1 complete drug search...

White APV SR3900 [WIZZRD] (Click Here) [/COLOR]

Daily:
2006 Red BF F6 Typhoon
Bluepower enhanced.
santoitaliano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2006, 01:12 AM   #38
Joes_meat
Churches Eat Souls

Never been pulled over, no speeding fines.
RBT'd once in the work car.

I probably do over 1,000km a week too.
Joes_meat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2006, 11:43 AM   #39
sven

haha stockies + VL = trouble!!
one advantage of buying a VL though is you can go halvies in a set of rims with a mate because they only need two for the front... stockies on the rear!!!
Old 28-04-2006, 12:04 PM   #40
gozza

ive had my fare shares of fines in the past....was fineless for a year and a half up untill last tues......will full noise and failure to produce......
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2006, 07:17 PM   #41
Rollin
Banned

Quote:
When I was at tafe lots of the guys would go down the pub for beers at lunch, and I wouldn't have been surprised if some of them were over the limit when they got back!

I didn't get pulled over in by driveway, but did get pulled over in my street the other day - late at night turned off the main road into my street (didn't use an indicator as the nearest car was probably 200m away...) and decided to drive all the way down to the end of the street, round the roundabout and back up to listen to the rest of a song.

Noticed a car come caning round the corner behind me, tailgate for a bit then the party lights came on :S

They breath tested me, gave me a warning about not using indicators, did a lap of the car (and totally missed the intercooler, wtf?) and told me to have a good night...

I'm happy, usually they have the ticket written before they even get out of the car!!!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2006, 08:54 PM   #42
SIKSIX
Its gone V

I have been pulled over once in two years, and that was for doing 99 in a 60......my mate in a magna next to me and yeah. coped $350 fine and 6 months suspension. Had my new car for 1 week before this.

one thing i don't get is my brother used to drive an XF around stock height with 15'' EF 'monts, and got pulled up at least once a fortnight. I got that car 1 year later and nothing not once???
SIKSIX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2006, 02:08 PM   #43
italianfairmont
OFF ITS HEAD

i been pulled over once, they searched the whole car, they could have defected me easy, but they let me go
*KYB LOWERED SHOCKERS*
*KING SPRING SUPERLOWS*
*POWERCHIP, (BY K.P.M. MOTORSPORT*
*SLOTTED BRAKE DISCS*
*FULL APLINE STEREO*
*MONSTER FLOW POD FILTER
italianfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 10:32 PM   #44
crannersEL
Banned

Got followed home for about 4k's last Friday night, had the cop stop accross my driveway once i was up at the garage, then they just drove off lol
crannersEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 12:14 AM   #45
EDXR6T

^^

what were u doing u dogey p@$#% LOL!!!
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 12:26 AM   #46
Bipolar
I'm back. Same car.

The last I got pulled up was in a mates driveway. I did 60 (limit) through a tiny roundabout (50m visibility in all directions). There are usually kids around after 150m so I went 40. When the po po pulled up, they told me not to go so fast through the roundabout as there were always people around there, which I knew was bull having been through it a thousand times. No fine, just a warning.
Bipolar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 02:20 PM   #47
GREERZ_04_BA
Dude.Sweet.Dude.Sweet

Unhappy

well here is my story
i hav had my p's for 3 weeks and i was truning on 2 stud rd and i had a an ed same color as my car came side ways behind me.well i was sitting at the lights on stud and mt hwy and a cop came flying down behind me and stop in front of me with all 4 wheels locking ups.
and he did me 4 spining my wheels and takeing up 2 lanes????.any way
i lost 3 points and i took it 2 court (a peeled it )and lost.how was that.
then new year eve last yer i got done for 80 in a 60.(my falt) and now im on 0 points and ive got a passenger restriction and 12 month good behaver.
so that suck then a month affer that i had my job move me 2 werribe and then geelong.now im going back there.and ive only had my P's for 9 months
thats my P plate story.

www.myspace.com/greerz86
GREERZ_04_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 02:03 AM   #48
havoc19
Banned

never gotten fined got pulled over in my vl i use to drive for speeding past a old man driving home from marion shoppnig center only thing is i wasnt speeding coz he was doing 40 it looked like it night ya see and yeh they checked my car lucky it was stock haha
havoc19 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 06:10 PM   #49
XHUTE6
Bugger! 1390mm too long!!

Before i bought my ute, i had a highly defectable '88 AT Telstar TX5 with mudflaps, stickers, aerieals, clearance lights etc and i was never pulled over, not even in an RBT.. As soon as i get my ute, i've gone through about 15 RBTs and pulled into 1 defect station just outside of Marrabell in SA after the rodeo and they spent 25 mins looking over my ute.. got away with it though..
XHUTE6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2006, 09:30 AM   #50
EABoost
Starter Motor

:P LOL well i had my p's for a week and got done for doing 116 in a 80 zone in sa... went to court.. the judge gave me one demirt point and i havent been pulled over since... that was 6 years ago

God i love country SA cops
Old 18-05-2006, 12:00 PM   #51
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

i havent been pulled over yet! touch wood. and i live in the most TOG infested area of melbourne they train the buggers out here. i guess they are moee interested in pulling over vl's and vn 5ltrs hehe.

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2006, 10:13 AM   #52
XHUTE6
Bugger! 1390mm too long!!

ha, yeah i know.. i just took my ute to the exhaust place to get extractors fitted and i drove into the carpark and there were about 10 lads and 3 VL's, 1 VK and 2 VN's.. all with p plates, all with chromies..
XHUTE6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2006, 10:41 AM   #53
NEG
Diabolus

I have also been pulled over in my driveway. cop said i went around a corner to fast. no fine just a breath test. been on my opens for 6 months and still no speeding ticket (touch wood.)
NEG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2006, 11:25 AM   #54
SrsIIE8
Blue blooded rev head

Used to get pulled over every second day in my sporty corty, The fact that she was low enough to scrape the white stripes of the road probably did'nt help but been drivin me xr8 for bout three months now and aint been pulled over once, no matter what hour of the morning i see them, cant complaIN

Dynamic White EL Srs2 XR8 5spd, factory sunroof, 2 1/2 cat back, lightened race ready flywheel

3 x Mk2 Cortina's, One with K-Mac fully adjustable's, Nolathane bushes, Celica 5spd, Bored and polished to about 1900, Twin 45mm side drapht webber's, Custom woodgrain dash, + a few more goodies
SrsIIE8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2006, 03:03 PM   #55
crannersEL
Banned

I got pulled over Friday night at about 11.45pm, the first time since ive had my P's. I was following a cop down liverpool road in kilsyth, he pulled over to let me past then chucked his lights on and pulled me over for a "random pullover". Had the breatho test and was then free to go. The police man was really nice and wasn't really worried about my tints or all the stickers on the back window.

Paul
Old 28-05-2006, 03:25 PM   #56
EDXR6T

did he cheak the tread on ur rear Fully hecktik stokies cranner's bwhahha
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2006, 03:29 PM   #57
crannersEL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDXR6T
did he cheak the tread on ur rear Fully hecktik stokies cranner's bwhahha
Nah he didn't check pat, because ive put my fully sick hubcaps back on, the cars sleeping until the cruise on the 17th :1syellow1

The only thing he checked was my licence, which i was happy about...
Old 28-05-2006, 04:27 PM   #58
BROCKYB8
YEAH IT IS A FORD

you guys are lucky i had a xf turbo and a non turbo xf over my P's i got pulled up for looking a my car 132 times. 15 breath test and 9 epa over 3 years .
13 canaries over that time. As soon as i got off my p's been 4 years now i have had one breath test.

My old man who is in 60 and is a non drinker. got breathalized over same three years of my p's 232 times. it became a bit of a competition with us in the end