Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 01-09-2009, 01:58 AM   #1
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Warranty Extensions on WS

Seeing as we're still waiting for our Zetec.. We've had time to think about some of the dealers offerings.

One being an extra 2 years Factory warranty to a total of 5 years bumper to bumper. Has anyone else taken a dealer up on this offer?

We were offered it for an extra $750. I think its worth it if its a factory/oz wide warranty.

You guys think its worth it?

GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2009, 03:28 AM   #2
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Got extra 3 years thrown on top with deal, paid 23000 on road manual 5 door zetec, with illuminated gear stick knob, mats, metallic paint and I think there was something else.

As long as I get it serviced at that dealer.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

was it an extra 3 years factory ford warranty or dealer warranty bud?
Old 01-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
was it an extra 3 years factory ford warranty or dealer warranty bud?
As it has to be serviced at the dealer I would say it is the dealer variety.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:48 AM   #5
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That seems pretty reasonable to me? If my dealer had offered me that I'd probably taken it. In saying this though I've not researched the average cost of warrenty upgrade on a WS Fiesta, nor questioned my dealer. Will ask at my 3000km service.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:11 AM   #6
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Our dealer mentioned this to us, dunno if it's in writing anywhere but they said if we get it serviced there, then that's the case. I know one of the mechanics and he told me they are "easy going" with warrenty. But he also couldn't remember a Fiesta ever needing fixing so that's something
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2009, 11:09 PM   #7
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They offered a dealer warranty but I said I wanted a factory warranty in case I move interstate or something.

I think its not bad value if its factory warranty anywhere in Oz.

They did try to rip us again though with their lifetime protection package at nearly $3k!!!! I said no (obviously) and a few weeks later they called to say it was on "special" (of course it was ) and now it was $2000... then its $1750 and now its $1500..

I tell ya I dont trust a word this dealer says now.. For me it doesnt bode well for the years ahead...