Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-07-2009, 02:53 PM   #1
cygnus
Starter Motor

Default Fiesta iPod connector

Hi all,

I'm picking up the car tomorrow from the dealer. Originally I thought the Zetec had iPod integration, but turns out you need to purchase a cable, which costs $60. For those that have this cable, is it worth it? What functionality does it give you? Are there any aftermarket options for this? Suppose I don't buy this cable, will I still be able to listen to the iPod through the Aux/USB ports?

Cheers,
C

cygnus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One answer. No.

Buy yourself a decent sized USB and use it. That or if you have an iPhone you can just Bluetooth your music, no cords, no fuss. The iPod cord is all well and great, it means you can navigate using the steering wheel, but it's quite painful to navigate through 35GB of music. Using your iPhone you can navigate using the touch screen, making an A - Z trip a one second job.
Old 15-07-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

The cable is useful to reduce clutter but you can do the same with a USB cable and a 3.5mm cable (one feeds the device info, the other audio).

Whilst we tend to use the USB more, the Ipod works well connected and it is very easy to use playlists and scroll tunes.

Handsfree (if by yourself) is a must.

I found the Iphone BT connection for audio rather poor quality.
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 05:41 PM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman2
I found the Iphone BT connection for audio rather poor quality.
That must be the trade off for your locking fuel system?

My iPhone works beautifully, if anything the Bluetooth is almost USB quality (I have AAC tracks from iTunes) so it's very good. Depends on what type of phone you use though.
Old 15-07-2009, 06:19 PM   #5
oldsoftboss

Just smiling to myself. Wondering if anyone uses CD's any more :
oldsoftboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 06:29 PM   #6
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon

My iPhone works beautifully, if anything the Bluetooth is almost USB quality (I have AAC tracks from iTunes) so it's very good. Depends on what type of phone you use though.
Not sure what bit rate you use.

I use a minimum of 320 and at that bit rate I found the BT wanting (incl VBR).

Depends on how happy you are to put up with mediocre audio I guess (mind you, you did say you used iTunes.....)

However, the other side is I want hands free.

As for CD's, yep, almost obsolete (and sales reflect that)
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #7
oldsoftboss

Cant remember the last time I bought a CD (or DVD for that matter)
oldsoftboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post