Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Maryborough Ford Car Club > Events & Meets

Old 16-08-2007, 01:23 AM   #1
XRNIL8

Default Cooloola Car Club Motorkhana 16th Sept. 07

Its time for the next wet motorkhana held by the Cooloola Car Club at the Gympie Skidpan (or Roadcraft Driver Education Complex.).

This is arguably the most fun you will ever have in your car for $30. A wet motorkhana is held on a wet skidpan and you have to maneuver your car around a set course of witches hats and stop in the "garage" in the shortest time being careful not to take any Wrong Directions (WDs). Its all low speed 1st or 2nd gear stuff, there is nothing to run into (unless you are really unco) and as it is wet the toll it takes on your tyres is negligable.

OK! Here's the details.

Date: Sunday 16th September 2007
Time: It starts at 8.00am with the vehicle scruitineering and driver's briefing and goes all day to around 4pm in the afternoon (Rain or Shine).
Cost: Cost of entry is $30, spectators are free.
Licence: Current Drivers Licence and AASA Clubman or CAMS S2 licence. Licence can be bought on the day for $50.

How to enter

hit me up with an email and I will send you an entry form. If you are purchasing a licence on the day, leave the licence number blank.

Fill that out and send it in with a cheque or money order of $30 made out to "Cooloola Car Club Inc."

Address:

Cooloola Car Club Inc.
PO Box 173
Gympie QLD 4570

Positions are limited to 55 cars so pre-entry is a must. In the last few motorkhanas there has been no spare positions on the day, so to avoid dissapointment you are advised to pre-enter.

Classes include 4 cyl, 6 cyl, 8 cyl, Front Wheel Drive, AWD and Ladies (most of us will be in the 6 cylinder class). Trophy's for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each class.

You only need a road worthy and registered car. No helmet, fire proof gear, roll cage or extinguishers are required. You may also take passengers with you for the ride on the stages however they must be over 16 and have completed a Navigators entry form (free) and you are limited to one passenger at a time only.

Food and drink will be on sale throughout the day at very reasonable prices.

If you have a tarp or gazebo to put up please bring it as it get hot in the sun but don't worry too much if you don't as we provide up to 3 large marquee tents for everyone to use. We also recommend you bring chairs to sit on ... saves getting grass stains on your butt ;)

To get a better understanding of what goes on ... check out our Forum by following this link .... Motorkhana's

There are plenty of pics for you to check out and some great discussion .... the good, the bad and the ugly ... lmao.

here is a teaser ...

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
The new home of Motorsport in Central Victoria
XRNIL8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2007, 07:13 PM   #2
fpvpower

Cant make it this time but will be able to make it for the 10.11.07, would you be able to send me a entry form for then or should i wait until a bit closer to the event
fpvpower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2007, 08:06 PM   #3
XRNIL8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvpower
Cant make it this time but will be able to make it for the 10.11.07, would you be able to send me a entry form for then or should i wait until a bit closer to the event
Will have to wait until after this event is done before we can accept entries for the November event. I believe that the car club is currently considering using the saturday as aclub and sponsor day followed by the Sunday as a regular motorkhana .,..... will have to wait a week or three for that to be finalised ...

Cheers, Daryl

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
Old 16-08-2007, 08:51 PM   #4
fpvpower

sounds good to me,thanks daryl
fpvpower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2007, 12:07 PM   #5
Hoops
I'm Back

This is a great event and our club will be attending as usual _2:
Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2007, 07:14 PM   #6
Sledgehammer
Banned

The CCC run a great event and its great to support the guys and girls their. Wouldnt miss it.
Sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 09:25 PM   #7
4bbl
too many toys

i am keen my email is rpbbl@hotmail.com :
4bbl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2007, 02:03 AM   #8
XRNIL8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bbl
i am keen my email is rpbbl@hotmail.com :

Added you to my messenger ... can fill you in on anything you need or want to know.

Daryl.

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
Old 31-08-2007, 12:07 AM   #9
XRNIL8

for anyone who wants to go and have a look at what we do ..... or wants to see rules and regs ... or the entry form .... follow this link ...

http://z11.invisionfree.com/The_Zone...p?showforum=32

can also be found at

www.CVMotorsport.com
Old 16-09-2007, 10:13 PM   #10
4bbl
too many toys

Smile

awsome event, will definatly be attending the next meet,
well done fellas :
4bbl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2007, 10:44 PM   #11
Envi XR8
I love my beast too!

it looked and sounded like you were having a ball mate!

Cheers Envi
Envi XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post