Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 20-10-2023, 06:40 PM   #1
Cammyron
Starter Motor

Default Radiator Fan Constantly On

Hi All,

The radiotr fan in my 2009 MB Titanium TDCi is stuck on, even when the car is turned off. Just started doing it the otehr day out of no where and ran the battery flat. I know it runs for a little bit sometimes after being turned off but after 15 minutes its still going.

After looking around it seems it is either a stuck relay or a buggered controller module.

I thought i would try easy first and yank the relay to see if it was dodgy. No matter which relay i take out from the fuse/relay box under the bonnet the fan keeps going. I find that rather odd, shoudln't one of them (assumingy R7 or R5 that control that part) make the fan stop when it is yanked out? Does anyone know what relay i should be pulling or is there somethign else i am missing here.

Thanks
Cammyron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2023, 01:47 PM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Radiator Fan Constantly On

According to the wiring diagrams the cooling fan is fed from F5 (60A) although there are some later builds with two fans that are fed from F3 (70A).

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2023, 04:59 PM   #3
Cammyron
Starter Motor

Cool, thanks. So no relay involved? That means its probably the fan control module then I guess
Old 21-10-2023, 10:31 PM   #4
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Can you start by looking at the coolant temperature via diagnostics? Also the fan status.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2023, 03:04 PM   #5
Cammyron
Starter Motor

I had than plan and for the life of me can;t find my obd2 adapter. Once i get another that will be a thing to check.

I currently unplug the fan controller when it s parked to stop tha fan running and killing the battery.

As soon as i plug it in even if it has been left overnight it turns on instantly. With the car off is ther any communicoation for the temp sensors?
Old 22-10-2023, 08:30 PM   #6
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

You should have IAT and ECT as commonly accessible engine management parameters.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post