Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Mid North Coast Ford Owners Club

Old 30-05-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

Default Sad News

Young Dillon Cliff was involved in the car accident in Lighthouse Beach on Thursday night. Unfortunatly Dillon has been in a coma since the crash(still has not woken up yet) and has a small amount of bleeding in the brain, he also has a badly broken fema and is in a critical condition in a hospital in Sydney. Allan has been down in Sydney by his side, and will remain down there until Dillon comes home. Personally i cannot feel any worse for what has happened to Dillon, and what Allan has had to go through during the last couple of days, and what he has gone through during the past couple of months. My thoughts go out to Dillon and Allan and hopefully Dillon will awake and get through this unfortunate situation. Allan has asked me to pass on this news to club members, through the forums other members can find out what has happened and can covey their feelings for Dillon and Allan. If you need Allans phone number it is in the club contacts section.

Crash teen in coma but stable
1/06/2009 4:00:00 AM
ONE Lighthouse Rd couple believes it’s only a matter of time before someone is killed on their street.

Lynne and Peter Morris said they witnessed car accidents “almost every weekend” on the windy, unlit stretch of road.

Their calls for increased safety measures come days after teenager Dylan Cliff was left with serious head injuries when the car he was travelling in hit a power pole near the Pacific Dr end of the road.

The latest incident occurred on Thursday about 10.30pm and the Morris’ were among the first on the scene.

“I went down there with a blanket and tried to slow down the traffic until the emergency services arrived,” Mr Morris said.

“It’s only a matter of time before someone is killed there.”

Back-seat passenger Dylan was flown to Sydney’s Nepean Hospital and remains in a coma in intensive care.

The MacKillop Senior College student also suffered a badly damaged thigh bone which needs surgery.

Doctors have said he is in a serious but stable condition.

Three other males in the Mitsubishi Lancer, aged 16 and 17, were treated at Port Macquarie Base Hospital.

The other back-seat passenger suffered two broken ankles and a broken collarbone.

Mrs Morris said road improvements were needed immediately.

“The power poles need to be moved away from the road,” Mrs Morris said. “There should be a guard rail installed and something to slow people down.”

On Friday morning Mr Morris approached Port Macquarie-Hastings Council and Country Energy about improving the road and moving the power poles.

“There are a number of us along this road who all feel very strongly that something needs to be done,” he said.

“There was talk of getting a petition together but that hasn’t happened yet.”

Police are still continuing their investigation of the crash. No charges have been laid.

Anyone with information should contact Port Macquarie police on 6583

1974 XB COUPE
NO TRACTION AT EASTERN CREEK

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
COLD AIR INTAKE BY PERFORMER SHAKERS
FULL X-FORCE QUAD TIPPED EXHAUST SYSTEM

Last edited by thunderoo; 01-06-2009 at 11:59 PM.
thunderoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 03:43 PM   #2
killerjoolz
KillerXR8

Thinking of Dillon and you Al.....hope all goes well....cheers Joolz

2009 TWEEKD FG XR8 IN SILHOUETTE
all mods done by Walter Markham from Oztek Performance
killerjoolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
gtfpv
GT

i hope dillon recovers quickly.
could you explain who dillon is . is he a member of the forums or a relative of yours . and is allen a forum user here . sorry to hear . i'm just wondering if they have a user name as forum members may be more familiar with them .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 04:11 PM   #4
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
i hope dillon recovers quickly.
could you explain who dillon is . is he a member of the forums or a relative of yours . and is allen a forum user here . sorry to hear . i'm just wondering if they have a user name as forum members may be more familiar with them .
Allan Cliff is the clubs Vice President, and his user name is AC1959 and doesnt use the forums that much, Dillon is his 15 year old son and does not use the forums, but Dillon always attends club runs and club weekends away when Allan comes.
1974 XB COUPE

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
Old 30-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
Texas
The Beast

Got a text message this morning from Allen. It Gutted me. My feelings and hope are with you guys. Hope Dyllan (this is how Allen spelt it) makes a speedy recovery.They've got my support and anything they might need.

Last edited by Texas; 30-05-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 07:31 PM   #6
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never good to hear these things, I hope all goes well and wish Dyllan a speedy recovery.
Old 30-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #7
dreadly
Banned

Awww OMFG! I just read this and i feel sick, i hope dyllans ok! He's a great kid, And i always enjoy hanging out with him on all our gatterings! I wish him a speedy and full recovery. And my thoughts and prays go to Allan and his family. Xo
dreadly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 07:36 AM   #8
Molloy
Captain beat down

Hope he gets better my thoughts are with there family PULL THROUGH MATE!

Molloy's Build thread
Molloy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #9
Mr_Monty
Noctunral by nature.

Best wishes to get well from my son and i.

98 Au V8 Forte (1500 kilo car) LSD, Pacie comp extractors into pacie cats into lukey 3" exhaust, New ecu, Powerbond street balancer, injectors, tyres (on 17" tickford rims form factory) Slotted and cross drilled rotors front and back, New radiator and hoses new crank position sensor and cam sensor plus gear, new leads and iridium plugs and new accel coil packs.
New S5 solenoid.
plus flash tuner (SCT X3 flash tuner)
Mr_Monty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2009, 10:35 AM   #10
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

At 8:00 PM last night Dyllon went into the operating room to have his fema pinned, he came out at 12:00 AM. Sill he remains in a coma today at 8:00 AM.
1974 XB COUPE

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN

Last edited by thunderoo; 01-06-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:13 PM   #11
nj351
Ultra White

So very sad to hear things like this.
Hope dyllan gets well soon best wishes to allen and family
From all the jubbs at king creek.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #12
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

Dyllan last night had to be put on a cooling machine due to a fever, he was also suffering seizures. Allan had a lengthy discussions with the neurosurgeons yesterday, discussing the possibility that Dyllan might not wake up, but also the possibility of waking up with a full recovery. But after discussions with Allan today, he was moved by the comments that people were making in this thread. But as of 12:00 PM 2nd June, he still remains in a coma.
1974 XB COUPE

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
Old 03-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #13
curlychook
blown john goss coupe

We Have Only Just Heard Of The Devistating News! "unbelievable"
Its A Very Sad Day When Someone Close To You Is Hurt,we Hope That For Allens Sake That Dylan Comes Out Of This Very Soon.
Allen Has Had A Tuff Trot Lately & Does Not Deserve This,if There Is Anything That We At Curlys Cafe Can Do To Help Raise Money To Support Our Friend We Wont Hesitate To Do It,if Anyone Has Any Ideas Out There,please Dont Hesitate To Call Us 65852505
Grant & Alison
curlychook is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2009, 09:17 PM   #14
Scott

Bloody terrible news guys, we really feel for him & his family and hope he clicks back into gear real soon. A friend of mine went through a similar thing some years ago and spent a fortnight in a coma only to wake up relatively unscathed. I pray the Cliff's get the same good news soon.

Best wishes.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2009, 10:13 PM   #15
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

Todays Port News

Brain surgery for crash victim
3/06/2009 4:00:00 AM
THE Port Macquarie teenager injured in a car accident on Lighthouse Rd has undergone surgery and is in a stable condition in a Sydney hospital.

Sixteen-year-old Dylan Cliff suffered serious head injuries when the car he was travelling in crashed into a power pole near the Pacific Dr end of the road on Thursday night.

The MacKillop Senior College student was flown to Nepean Hospital in Sydney and operated on to relieve pressure on the brain.

A hospital spokeswoman said Dylan was in a stable condition.

Senior Constable Jason Bentley from the Crash Investigation Unit said police were still investigating the accident.

“We are waiting for blood test results, forensic mechanics from Sydney to examine the car and to speak to some additional witnesses that have made themselves available,” he said.

Dylan was a backseat passenger in the car when the accident happened at 10.30pm on Thursday night.

Three other males in the Mitsubishi Lancer, aged 16 and 17, were treated at Port Macquarie Base Hospital.

The other backseat passenger suffered two broken ankles and a fractured collarbone.
1974 XB COUPE

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
Old 05-06-2009, 09:38 PM   #16
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

They tried to bring Dyllan out of his coma the other night (4th June) by reducing the medication that he was on, but his reaction was not good. The doctors tried last night (5th June) to take him off the oxygen, but his body could not handle it, so they had to put the tubes and oxygen back on. He still remains in a coma (June 5th 12:00 PM).
1974 XB COUPE

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
Old 05-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #17
pitpal
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Our thoughts and prayers are with Al and Dillon tonight. Speedy recovery
pitpal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2009, 06:00 PM   #18
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have a safe trip tomorrow and give my wishes to Allan, Dyllan and family.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:04 PM   #19
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

Mel and i went down to Sydney today to visit Allan and Dylan. It was probably one of the hardest things that ive had to do in a very long time, it was gut wrenching to just sit by his side and watch all the machines do their work. Dylan is still on life support and is still in a coma. But since Sunday night, and during today, Dylan has started to move his arms and leg (other leg has rods and pins) and is also squezeing your hand when you hold his. He is now opening his eyes and you think that when you talk to him he can hear you. He has an ipod plugged into one of his ears and listening to classical music ( i thought it was 70's rock......i was wrong !) But thats what the doctors wanted. About an hour before we left, he was starting to try and pull all the leads of his body, so there was one of us always holding his hand to stop him from doing so, so all of this has to be good news.

Allan has asked me to pass on that he is overwhelmed by the support and phone calls that everybody is making, he does appologise that he cannot return alot of the calls due to the fact that it will cost him alot of money in return mobile phone calls, as he has gone through quite alot of pre paid cards during the past 10 days. But he does get all your messages !! SO KEEP THEM COMMING guys and gals, as i wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy, and this has happened to a great friend who does not deserve this at all. Dylan has a very long road to recovery in front of him and Allan is going to need all the help from his friends that he can get !
1974 XB COUPE

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
Old 08-06-2009, 09:10 PM   #20
killerjoolz
KillerXR8

Thank you so much for the updates Gordon...
still thinking of you and Dyllan as well Al....hang in there,it will all work out for the better....Cheers Joolz & Dave

2009 TWEEKD FG XR8 IN SILHOUETTE
all mods done by Walter Markham from Oztek Performance
killerjoolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2009, 06:03 PM   #21
smoky75o

To AL & Dyllan
I myself have spent 40 Days in A Come & by reading the above all signs are good. Keep up the music he likes, as this keeps away other thoughts in his mind. If you need more info on this PM me as i will be HERE. All the best to you both . Cheers Dave.
smoky75o is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2009, 06:09 PM   #22
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thank you Gordon and Mel. This news is good to hear and although there is still a long way to go at least there is some promising signs.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #23
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

Dylan last night came off life support, which is great news. He still remains in a coma, but still the eye movement and arms and leg movement continue.
1974 XB COUPE

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN

Last edited by killerjoolz; 11-06-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #24
Cool_6
superroo

this is sad here, best wishes to the family, pull through bud
Cool_6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #25
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderoo
Dylan last night came off life support, which is great news. He still remains in a coma, but still the eye movement and arms and leg movement continue.
thats a relief to hear, he'll probably come good . he's young and has the best chances.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2009, 06:14 AM   #26
Molloy
Captain beat down

Great stuff sounds like hes on the mend

Molloy's Build thread
Molloy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2009, 06:58 PM   #27
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

Dylan today came out of ICU and has been moved to the nuero ward. He is a little more awake and is doing hand signals with thumbs up or down. Very little or no movement from right hand side and no speech yet. This has to be some good news.
1974 XB COUPE

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
Old 14-06-2009, 12:41 AM   #28
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

: : : : Great to hear.

Thanks for the updates Gordon.
Old 15-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #29
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

Dylan has today came out of his coma. He still drifts off now and then, but when he is awake he understands what you are saying and is still comunicating with the thumbs up or down method. They have started him on soft food and liquids. He has movement with arm and leg on his left hand side, and at the moment he can move his little finger on his right hand side when he is asked to move his hand. They are looking to move him to Westmead hospital where there is a neuro section there that specializes in brain trauma recovery, but at the moment there is no beds.
1974 XB COUPE

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
Old 15-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #30
dreadly
Banned

Awesome news!!! : Hope a bed becomes avaliable soon. Allan must be feeling alot better, and let the path to recovery begin! Good luck dyllan were all rooting for ya mate Xo
dreadly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post