Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 18-11-2010, 04:27 AM   #31
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The good news is that the diesel is the high output version with the Powershift box. I drove a Passat in the UK a few months ago with the 2.0 diesel and DSG box, and it went really well and averaged 50 mpg.

I'll test drive one when they reach NZ, but I'll have to see what I can get for my wagon.
Old 18-11-2010, 08:43 AM   #32
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6
The good news is that the diesel is the high output version with the Powershift box. I drove a Passat in the UK a few months ago with the 2.0 diesel and DSG box, and it went really well and averaged 50 mpg.

I'll test drive one when they reach NZ, but I'll have to see what I can get for my wagon.
You mean the 120Kw 340Nm version placed in the 2010 updated model! in my case with the 96Kw engine,I think the next one up from mine is the 103Kw so that will give me a 25% increase in power hmm not bad the one thing that Mondeo has for me is reliability ,pointless having a V6 TwinTurbo Diesel if you are stuck half way between Sydney and ACT because of some minor computer problem

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #33
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
Because they have to average it out over an entire model life... not at the snapshot they are buying the vehicle at..... what if they priced it according to 70c and it went back to 55c.... that would be a disaster for ford oz... the upspeccing has added value, much more than the modest price hikes....
I know what you mean and I agree with what you are saying. But 37% extra cash is going into someones pocket and it isn't the buyer as far as I can see?

The AU Dollar was fairly stable against the Euro for quite a few years prior to 2009 so the price the Mondeo was selling for was appropriate. It is only the last year that the AU Dollar has taken off. Hopefully it will stay where it is but you never know, which is why as you have said, they have to average it out.

Just at the moment they are making a quid on them. Maybe if you are in the market for one you can squeeze them a little on the price?

Wife's - 2018 Peugeot 3008 Gtline, Pearl White - 6 Speed Auto - Fully Optioned.

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
brismike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #34
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

MC Diesel Titanium - quoted price $51K to my father in major regional centre in Qld....ouch!!
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 09:43 PM   #35
pbouzaid
Mondeo MC Titanium Wagon

Hmmm $51k eh? I'm going to be snooping around for a MC Diesel Titanium 1st quarter next year so hopefully they are less than that by then.
pbouzaid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 11:08 PM   #36
Dusty1
Giddy up!

$51k (on or before roads?). Getting up there. Still it's ptty feature packed. The current MB is $48k pre roads so it's a rise.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2010, 11:37 PM   #37
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For that money you would want a good trade in for your old vehicle they cannot have it both ways even if they try to tell you they are loosing money on it

apstar
Old 19-11-2010, 02:14 AM   #38
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great cars not doubt, but they have one of the worst resale values of any car in the country!
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2010, 09:28 AM   #39
wusyc

When I got my MB Titanium TDCi September 2009, I got quoted $51k on-road. That's the full price. Some dealers like to quote that thinking that they can work downward from that high number rather than a lower number.

At that time, Ford was advertising $48k drive-away price and there were still rooms to go down. I got it down to around $46k - someone who is better at bargaining would probably get a better price than I did. I didn't bother to do much more as Ford was giving away 2 more years of factory warranty on that weekend.
Old 19-11-2010, 11:22 AM   #40
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtRmn8
Great cars not doubt, but they have one of the worst resale values of any car in the country!
True it comes down to the badge but lately for e.g. I have seen a lots of BMW 3 Series on top of Tow trucks and parked on the side of the road with their bonnets up!

apstar
Old 19-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #41
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Wonder when Ford will be updating their website? I checked today and they show the MC but the only info is on the MB.
And when those who've registered our interest will be contacted? Hopeless.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 20-11-2010, 09:54 PM   #42
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

yep, website is consistently pretty poor. They need ot hire some young geeks to sort it out for them.

And my big bugbear, is they require a dealer to contact you with a price. Other companies ask you your postcode (to determine state) and then give you a state-based (starting) drive away price. Not hard really.

No price when browsing all make it too hard and sales are lost.
'I don't know how much that good-looking Ford is, but xyz-brand is only $$$$$$....so I'll buy that one'
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2010, 03:26 PM   #43
The Stylist
Automotive Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6

That's good to hear if that's the case, have you heard anything about what models NZ is getting, and unlike Australia, will NZ be getting Ecoboost engines?
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2010, 05:38 PM   #44
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Wonder when Ford will be updating their website? I checked today and they show the MC but the only info is on the MB.
And when those who've registered our interest will be contacted? Hopeless.
Why bother even having a picture of the MC! I get really annoyed by it linking to the MB so now I don't bother at all F O R D your PR is pathetic its the great car thats keeping customers interested not your effort

apstar
Old 22-11-2010, 05:52 PM   #45
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford Australia

This is for you so that you can keep up with what's happening overseas
http://media.ford.com/news/theartofe...xandgalaxy.htm

apstar
Old 22-11-2010, 05:53 PM   #46
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Deleted double post

Last edited by apstar; 22-11-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 23-11-2010, 05:32 AM   #47
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stylist
That's good to hear if that's the case, have you heard anything about what models NZ is getting, and unlike Australia, will NZ be getting Ecoboost engines?
The announcement will be in January. I can't see why Ford NZ wouldn't sell the Ecoboost here, but I suspect that the 2.3 petrol will continue to be the base engine for cost reasons.
Old 24-11-2010, 04:22 PM   #48
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Spoke to Andrew at Ethridge yesterday (I don't think I'm speaking out of school), but there has been three stops put on the production of the Titanium, and now it's the third. Ford hasn't told him when it will be coming in, so no news on the MC Titaniums.
He does have the MC Zetecs in wagon and hatches, so I'll be heading out there next weekend to have a look.
Previous:
Old 01-12-2010, 09:09 PM   #49
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Things we may miss out on in Australia

1. New Mondeo is the first Ford of Europe model to feature a more powerful 240 PS version of the 2.0-litre Ford EcoBoost power unit. This joins the existing 203 PS engine already available in Ford Mondeo and the new S-MAX and Galaxy,

Lightweight all-aluminum construction is the key to the new 2.0-litre Ford EcoBoost engine, which features latest-generation high-pressure direct injection, low-inertia turbocharging and twin independent variable cam timing. It has an advanced combustion system which contributes significantly to achieving new levels of performance and fuel efficiency for petrol engines in this power range.

Average CO2 emissions of just 179 g/km are achieved for the 2.0-litre Ford EcoBoost engine, regardless of the power rating or body style. Ford EcoBoost technology offers fuel consumption and emission reductions of up to 20 per cent compared with conventional petrol engines of a similar performance.

2. New Ford Mondeo also introduces a significantly re-engineered version of the 2.2-litre Ford Duratorq TDCi diesel engine, which now boasts a 12 per cent peak power increase to 200 PS, making it the most powerful Ford Duratorq diesel to date.

3. A new tailgate-mounted camera is optional with new Ford Mondeo when equipped with the range-topping DVD/SD PLUS navigation system and Parking Distance Sensors. This provides a clear, wide view of the area to the rear of the car, displayed automatically on the seven-inch colour display screen when reverse gear is selected. The wide-angle view provided is of a sufficiently low level to help the driver avoid small obstacles and to reduce the risk of reversing into them.

4. Ford Premium Sound System

A powerful new audiophile in-car music option, the Ford Premium Sound System, has been designed to offer a concert hall sound experience with detailed sound-staging and lots of dynamic headroom.

Available in conjunction with the Ford CD/SD PLUS navigation system and Sony CD systems, this all-new premium equipment offers a 265-watt (total power) eight-channel amplifier, an all-new speaker system, including a centrally-mounted instrument panel unit and 17-litre subwoofer located in the luggage compartment.

Full DSP (Digital Signal Processor) functionalities contribute to the high quality sound-staging and enable customers to adjust the sound to their personal tastes.

A total of 10 high performance speakers are integrated into the Ford Mondeo interior and, as a result of careful component matching and basic setup, the performance of the Ford Premium Sound System is ideal for the discerning audiophile - even at low volumes.

5. New Ford Navigation Systems

Two new navigation systems are introduced with the latest Mondeo range.

The CD/SD navigation system offers a seven-inch colour touch-screen with fresh new colour execution, a total of eight speakers, remote audio controls, MP3 compatibility and external AUX connection for external music sources. Touch-screen functionality allows control of radio, CD, the navigation system, dual electronic air conditioning and mobile phone. By employing three tuners and two antenna phase diversity radio systems, superior radio signal reception can be achieved and the new overall layout provides instantaneous response to any user input. Another new integrated feature in the map display is speed limit information. The package also includes Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone and Voice Control System with USB/iPod® connectivity port.

CD/SD PLUS navigation system, also with a seven-inch colour touch-screen, comes with nine premium speakers - including one mounted in the central instrument panel - and offers full compatibility with the optional Rear View Camera and Premium Sound Systems.

An affordable alternative is the new Ford Mobile Navigation System, which enhances the standard in-car entertainment (ICE) system by adding the ability to integrate the latest generation of 'smart' mobile telephones, providing a practical satellite navigation facility for drivers to rival stand-alone accessory units usually seen fitted to the windscreen

6. Multi-media DVD System

Rear seat passengers of the new Ford Mondeo are not forgotten either, with an optional Multi-media DVD system available for them. This includes a DVD player located under the front passenger's seat, two seven-inch LCD screens integrated into the rear of the front seat headrests, an infra-red remote control and two pairs of infra-red headphones.

these are some of the specs on overseas MC Mondeo

apstar
Old 01-12-2010, 10:32 PM   #50
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Until we see model info we don't know what's going to be offered. I'd doubt a navigation system, and rear view camera will be included.
Previous:
Old 02-12-2010, 01:46 AM   #51
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtRmn8
buying a driver's car like mondeo for resale value?? you're doing it wrong!!

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2010, 02:03 AM   #52
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo_broady
buying a driver's car like mondeo for resale value?? you're doing it wrong!!
Agree you need to go to BMW,MB,Audi for resale then again you also need to pay for it I looked at a 5 Series 520D BMW guess what same price everywhere!

apstar
Old 02-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #53
wusyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Agree you need to go to BMW,MB,Audi for resale then again you also need to pay for it I looked at a 5 Series 520D BMW guess what same price everywhere!

apstar
Or even just a Toyota Corolla will do much better in resale.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #54
MOND30
If You Seek AU

Re: resale, I've been looking around at upgrading my X-Trail, 2004 with admittedly very low 70,000km, but should comfortably get $16k private sale in SA, after paying $33k driveaway in Feb 2004 - pretty much 50% retained value in 7 years... gotta be happy with that
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5x..._OYiDekVUlmEhg
MOND30 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #55
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wusyc
Or even just a Toyota Corolla will do much better in resale.
I know which i'd rather drive...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #56
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Found this by accident while clicking around its all about the MC on Ford Australia site its https so its a secure page?

https://www.secure.ford.com.au/servl...apper&site=FOA

apstar

ps click on the horizontal pictures below the main picture it still shows the same Sony head unit click on it to make it bigger on the rhs it says "Standard Zetec & Titanium! but it shows the new driver alert function and lane departure so this is the MC

Last edited by apstar; 02-12-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:05 PM   #57
Mickmelb

Nice find thanks for sharing. Pity the colours/trims page is still the old one i'll have to wait till they lauch the updated pages for that.
Mickmelb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2010, 11:27 PM   #58
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had an MC Zetec delivered to the dealership I work at last week. Impressive list of features and interior, however looked quite bland from front on compared with the MA and MB IMO.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2010, 11:35 PM   #59
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Found this by accident while clicking around its all about the MC on Ford Australia site its https so its a secure page?

https://www.secure.ford.com.au/servl...apper&site=FOA

apstar

ps click on the horizontal pictures below the main picture it still shows the same Sony head unit click on it to make it bigger on the rhs it says "Standard Zetec & Titanium! but it shows the new driver alert function and lane departure so this is the MC
Isn't that the MB ? MC Titanium has LED running lights.Titanium on that link has no LED lights???????
Old 02-12-2010, 11:47 PM   #60
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Isn't that the MB ? MC Titanium has LED running lights.Titanium on that link has no LED lights???????
On my PC it has running lights and its the MC! did you click the above link I pasted Mickmelb has it

apstar