Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 28-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #91
Magna
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Pfft yeh thats why there are stilll 2008 and 2009 MA plate cars on the system, or about 50 laying around as registered demos..

Just because FORD aus sell every Mondeo they bring in doesnt mean the poor dealer does.. The dealer just has to hold it and pay floor plan costs on it.
true my dealer has brand new modeo zetecs as loaners!
Magna is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #92
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
Geez an 08 plate car would have to be cheap now wouldn't it?
High 20's for a Zetec with everything..

MB is the go tho with the XR5 cluster.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 05:54 AM   #93
seduced_xr
BF XR6

my aunty ordered a mondeo around january, just got it last week. could be a good indication as to why they aernt selling.

ordered a FG in november, delivered in december.

people dont want to wait 6 months for their car to be built
BA Falcon XR6 [JS92WA]in Winter White, 6 Speed ZF - BF Tail Lights, Pacemaker Twin 2.5" catback DBA Gold Series Rotors, 5% tint >>ITS BACK - The REBUILD IS ON, BF 2 Ghia 3v V8 5.4L, Full Fairmont Ghia Interior with FPV GTP seats,Boss Bonnet,BF Front End, DJR 302 Rear Wing, BF steering Column with BF ignition and FG keys, <<

2010 FG Falcon XR6 [XRLNT] in Lightning Strike, 6 Speed Auto - 15% Tint, Ipod, Bluetooth, Climate Control, custom plates, DJR 302 Wing
seduced_xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 06:09 AM   #94
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But you have to expect a delay when ordering a vehicle from OS which is built for more countries, where as the falcon is locally made and is readily available. Ford AU export to NZ and Tasmania.

I put it down to the RWD v FWD culture in this country and that a majority of Aussies love their Falcons and will only ever buy falcons. You can't change the minds of the true diehards. Lack of advertising as well.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 09:30 AM   #95
RicOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I put it down to the RWD v FWD culture in this country
Call me dumb but I don't know or even care if a car is RWD or FWD. I would call myself a typical family man car buyer, and the car industries main target for a customer. I bought a Mondeo cause it could fit my family stuff in it but I also liked the styling, the look of it and nice little features you get inside of it, also the fact that its not a gas guzzler. Well the Mondeo petrol is not the best fuel economy I admit, but at least its not a muscle car or 4WD in a city with high petrol prices.

I have nothing against guys on this forum who like performace cars, but you have to remember that there are other requirements for customers out there that determine how and why they buy a vechicle.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:19 AM   #96
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicOz
Call me dumb but I don't know or even care if a car is RWD or FWD. I would call myself a typical family man car buyer, and the car industries main target for a customer. I bought a Mondeo cause it could fit my family stuff in it but I also liked the styling, the look of it and nice little features you get inside of it, also the fact that its not a gas guzzler. Well the Mondeo petrol is not the best fuel economy I admit, but at least its not a muscle car or 4WD in a city with high petrol prices.

I have nothing against guys on this forum who like performace cars, but you have to remember that there are other requirements for customers out there that determine how and why they buy a vechicle.
I'm with you RicOz. I got the Mondeo because I wanted something different to the BA Futura I had for work, and thought the diesel was the best option. FWD V. RWD didn't even enter into my thoughts.

I also knew that I had a child on the way, and the car needed to be easy to get stuff into and out of, so the hatch ticked the right boxes for me. A sedan is good, but the wide opening was a selling point for me. It had the full range of airbags, and lots of stuff as standard.

I also thought I was going to do a lot of miles in the car, so I specced it right up. And I do love the car, we've had our arguments and tiffs, but it does every thing I want.

I've been looking at alternatives, and the Titanium wagon is looking like the upgrade in January for me. I just hope I can get one!
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post