Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-07-2019, 09:19 PM   #1
lilykam
Starter Motor

Default Car wouldn't move in drive.

Hoping someone can offer some suggestions. Got home before, slowed down to turn into my driveway, partly stopped as gutter rough, then went to drive in and car wouldn't move. Had to take it out of drive, put into park,then into drive again before it would move. No lights flashing on instrument panel. Car is an Ecosport Trend.
lilykam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2019, 09:59 PM   #2
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Car wouldn't move in drive.

If it’s a stop-start model, you might have an ageing battery at the root of this issue.

There would likely be a stored fault code from when it was unable to act on your control input, even without warning lights displayed.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2019, 10:03 PM   #3
lilykam
Starter Motor

Only bought the car brand new end of Jan last year. Surely it wouldn't be the battery.
lilykam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2019, 10:19 PM   #4
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Probably not, then.

Being under warranty, you’re able to lean on the dealer to plug it into their diagnostic tools.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2019, 10:20 PM   #5
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

You have a 1.5 year old FoMoCo battery? My Falcon needed a new one at 2.5yo. It showed "low battery" on the ICC since the day I bought it. Not suggesting it's the problem here, but I'm sure people know Ford are not known for quality batteries in their new cars.

Last edited by JasonACT; 18-07-2019 at 10:21 PM. Reason: (and the dealer said "low battery" was normal for Falcons!)
JasonACT is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2019, 12:51 AM   #6
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just a thought, is the transmission a power-shi(f)t?

What exactly happened when you tried to drive? Was engine off? (stop-start)
Or did it just rev, or did it struggle (like it was stuck in top-gear)?
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2019, 07:55 AM   #7
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Type of car would assist us trying to help you so we can understand what we are talking about here?
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2019, 12:38 PM   #8
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Type of car would assist us trying to help you so we can understand what we are talking about here?
Ford Ecosport Trend...as mentioned by OP.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2019, 12:55 PM   #9
Olbucko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilykam View Post
Hoping someone can offer some suggestions. Got home before, slowed down to turn into my driveway, partly stopped as gutter rough, then went to drive in and car wouldn't move. Had to take it out of drive, put into park,then into drive again before it would move. No lights flashing on instrument panel. Car is an Ecosport Trend.
https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/for...els_newsletter

Check out this link, seems to be a common Powershift problem. If you want to read more here is a link to a 30 page report on powershift problems.

https://www.freep.com/in-depth/money...ct/1671198001/
Old 19-07-2019, 03:52 PM   #10
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There was this post last year, was it resolved?
https://www.fordforums.com.au/showth...76#post6106976
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2019, 09:59 PM   #11
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
Ford Ecosport Trend...as mentioned by OP.
Ohh man how did I miss that!!!

Pending on what year, sounds like a possible TCM issue to me. DTC's associated with it should be logged. Otherwise an internal clutch fork or one of the actuators sticking.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post