Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-09-2018, 08:45 AM   #781
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

I burst into laughter when I saw this.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messe...ccfe2e34e005d4
Fed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2018, 06:30 PM   #782
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Knock off time ...Such a full on crazy buzy week at work finally out of the way..Best feeling unlocking the car to head home .Bloody ripper..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2018, 07:24 PM   #783
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Earlier today I saw a guy at the Sandown 500 with an Opel flag. Made me chuckle.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-09-2018, 05:39 PM   #784
roKWiz
Cabover nut

The mighty XF got his new plates on today. Went with FORD blue and white.

Just to confuse Vicroads even more.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2018, 02:33 PM   #785
.:4:.
Kicking back

The ex mrs has the ****s with me. I took my son out for lunch yesterday and i had a few things i wanted to pick up. I failed in the stuff i wanted to get but i took the kid to timezone to spend my money on games. He had a nice time. Had i got a call at 10am i would have taken him out for an hour or 2 today, but the call was at 2pm. Im doing the domestic. Washing and all the things associated with being an adult. Mind you my kid is 9 so he knows better, but he has full on lost the plot because all he wants to do lately is be with dad. That makes me feel good, but i havent thrown money at the kid or anything like that. He likes building or fixing stuff. He lives in a female dominant place. He absolutely loves just being a passenger in my average trade spec ute because its full of tools and usefull crap. From a parent standpoint, i love the fact he wants to get his hands dirty and be a boys boy. I dunno why he looks up to me, im nothing special, but i guess he wants to do things the way i do, and thats just getting **** done.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2018, 09:43 AM   #786
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

After months of frustration with my home phone line, and repeated call-outs by Telstra techs, I finally got it resolved.

I had bad static noise on the line making it hard to hear conversations and causing slow ADSL2 internet speeds (Between 1 to 4Mbps).
(No NBN in my area till early 2020).

Tried isolation tests, new modem, ADSL filters, replacement wall sockets, work on the pit in the street, you name it... Nothing worked.

Finally got a smart Telstra tech that found the issue... A break in the insulated wire in the pit, causing arcing between the minute gap and the static!

Now my phone line is noise free and I'm getting 11 to 12Mbps on ADSL.

Another two things I learnt through all of this as well through experimentation;

1. You can get an extra 0.6Mbps speed or so, using a direct ethernet cable from your modem to your PC rather than using Wi-Fi. (Especially if your Wi-Fi modem is some distance in your house from your PC, or even using an extender that is closer).

2. A better modem can also give you a little more reliable speed.
(If you have the cheap Technicolor modem Telstra supply you... Do yourself a favour and chuck it out).
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2018, 10:19 AM   #787
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I pulled into the local IGA this morning in the AU low and loud with the 5.0 throbbing away. One of the weekender ferals was gawking so hard he tripped over his own feet and went tits up. Was good for a chuckle.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 29-09-2018, 04:51 PM   #788
Kicking back

I bought a new socket set yesterday. Not that i didnt have 2 3/8 sets already, but for 2 reasons. 1st was i seen it and my brain said i want that one, and secondly because the job i was on today ive done before and its always the case if your set goes up to 19mm, theres always that 1 bolt thats a 21mm. The new kinchrome set exceeded my expectations. What i like is it has 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 inch ratchets and ranges from 4mm to 24mm sockets with some deep sockets. The ratchets are solid and quite nice. Im probably going to buy some extentions though. A 3 inch 1/4 drive and a 3 inch 3/8 arent really enough. For a 63 peice kit, it was only $130. I moved the work sidchrome kit over to the guy i was working with. Yes sidchrome ratchets are quality, but this model wasnt well designed and to easy to bump into neutal so i did the 'kind' gesture and shifted that issue to a co worker.
This user likes this post:
Old 29-09-2018, 10:10 PM   #789
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Watching Collingwood lose the Grand Final.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
2 users like this post:
Old 25-10-2018, 01:34 PM   #790
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I went thru my favorite coffee shop drive thru today and when I drove up to the window to pay, I decided to pay for the whatever the people in the car behind me ordered. 2 military guys wearing their camos were behind me so I paid for their order. The cashier asked me if I wanted to leave my name. I just asked her to tell them thank you for your service and have a great day.
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2018, 06:51 PM   #791
Olbucko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Recently I have been in possession of my son's Territory so some roo damage could be repaired at my favourite panel beater. After picking the car up I took it for a drive and was shocked by the endless rattles from the rear end, so today I got stuck into it and replaced the 4 rose joints in the rear suspension plus the shocks and adjusted the catch on the tailgate.
Really pleased, It was nearly as quite as it was 14 years and 320,000 kilometres ago when I originally owned it. It cost me $350 but I won't tell him that. I'll just tell him it is a late birthday present.
Old 25-10-2018, 06:54 PM   #792
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyN View Post
I went thru my favorite coffee shop drive thru today and when I drove up to the window to pay, I decided to pay for the whatever the people in the car behind me ordered. 2 military guys wearing their camos were behind me so I paid for their order. The cashier asked me if I wanted to leave my name. I just asked her to tell them thank you for your service and have a great day.
Awesome ..You're a good egg
Old 03-11-2018, 01:25 PM   #793
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

It's a cold windy day after some warmish stuff last few days and being a long weekend I figured I'd spend some time in the garage (rubbish tip if truth be known) to start cleaning it up a bit . In amongst some plastic bags was one full of old DVD's . One of the teachers who I know pretty well gave me these last year when she was cleaning up her father's stuff . Movies mostly ..Never really went through them before . Put them aside and forgot about them . Some cool movies from the 1980's and 90's . Also among them was a 60 minute doco that I recall watching on TV many moons ago .

30 Years of Falcon GT The Legend . At lunch time I cooked some hot chips , made a coffee and whacked it in the DVD player...That was fun to recall ..Harry Firth , Bob Jane , Howard Marsden , David Flint , Fred Gibson ,Allan Moffatt Bill Bourke and others tell the story of the GT between 1967 to 1997.. Doco trademark 2001 and the opening pre film thing features an AU XR6 VCT .

Have seen snippets of it on You Tube over time but great to watch in one go . Here is the opening bit for anybody interested . Some of the blokes are now no longer around of course but some are too .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWRrNyEuPlE&t=48s..

Definitely finding this DVD has made me feel good today .
2 users like this post:
Old 03-11-2018, 01:29 PM   #794
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The docs gave me some new drugs yesterday.
I'm buzzing!
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-11-2018, 04:26 PM   #795
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The bush flies are ferocious this year. Swarms of them. I’ve been working outside all day with them in my eyes, down my throat, and up my nose. So I bought one of those electric tennis racket zappers recently. I just went outside and stood in the driveway to draw them in. I held my fire until a swarm of hundreds assembled then zap zap zap zap zap zap zap zap zap zap.......... A little bit of vengeance. So ****ing satisfying.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-11-2018, 11:30 PM   #796
Trendseeker

What model and where did you buy it?
Old 04-11-2018, 05:12 PM   #797
Kicking back

Took my kid back to the local slot car track. True to form his mum forgot his e30 m3 slotcar so yeah i could have rented him a car, but wheres the fun in that? He didnt want a new car and was adimant his m3 will beat my rs500 sierra but he didnt have the m3 on him. So like most dads who are big kids i bought myself a new slot car and we shared between my #17 sierra and the #1 moffat xc cobra. I was tossing up between an xy and the xc but, the hardtop just looked better.
3 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2018, 09:08 PM   #798
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Took my kid back to the local slot car track. True to form his mum forgot his e30 m3 slotcar so yeah i could have rented him a car, but wheres the fun in that? He didnt want a new car and was adimant his m3 will beat my rs500 sierra but he didnt have the m3 on him. So like most dads who are big kids i bought myself a new slot car and we shared between my #17 sierra and the #1 moffat xc cobra. I was tossing up between an xy and the xc but, the hardtop just looked better.
There's always the Mad Max car.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2018, 09:18 PM   #799
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
There's always the Mad Max car.
Yeah, i looked at that. But it doesnt look race car to me.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:27 PM   #800
Dusty
searching.....

Scotty's win in N.Z.
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 05-11-2018, 09:16 AM   #801
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Long weekend and Scotty's win in NZ
4 users like this post:
Old 05-11-2018, 09:32 PM   #802
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Climbed the 1000 steps at the Kokoda Track Memorial Walk - twice.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
2 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2018, 10:09 AM   #803
wozman

Seeing my baby girl walking everywhere for the first time
wozman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2018, 02:07 PM   #804
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Recovery mellow feeling post ride on my Cervello cycle late last night.

Going down a steep hill with a bend at about 75 kph on narrow road with chicken wire on my left and in the middle dividing opposing lanes- going so fast with bend I was tempted to apply brakes but was worried on bend I would loose balance.

Got a similar rush that I get doing unmentionable things in my FGX XR8 and it was legal.

Climbing back up the hill involved a lot of phlegm dumping which sorta compensated for the pain....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2018, 09:13 PM   #805
Kicking back

I put my work ute in for a long overdue service today and i was given full access to choose from the 3 spare cars we have for the day. Option 1 was plausable. My old van, completely empty to throw some tools and gear in, its interior is a bit dirty from tip runs since i gave it back but its just dirt. Option 2 was the stocked up van from an ex employee, but that thing is a biohazard. Its pure filth and rotten scraps in the front. So i went with option 3. Option 3 was offered to me even though its off limits to the other boys. So all our cars are manuals exept my managers ute and his old one which i took today. It was so nice being stuck in traffic in an auto v6 hi lux. The ute itself is showing signs of interior wear with its 200 thousand kays but the motor and 5 speed auto are good. It doesnt mind spinning a tyre either unintentionally with the cheese cutters on it. It was nice being back in an auto. And petrol is a bit more point and shoot then the diesel i drive, but after a service and cleaning out a few hundred kgs of crap and over orders from the past 2 years (that took 4 or more hours with 2 people) my ute feels like a different car to drive. The ranger is a nicer car to be in trim wise, but the hi lux can get out of its own way a bit easier. So it wasnt a bad day at all. My boss blew my manager up though about me taking the lux. Its already been sold but not picked up. Not my problem....
Old 22-02-2019, 04:18 PM   #806
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Went for a 45 minute flight over Perth in a Tiger Moth.
And believe it or not we saw the Red Baron. There was a red bi-plane up there too, one of those stunt planes, looked awesome.

Poor quality pics, screenshots from my TV as I was watching the vids from the GoPro.
Old 24-02-2019, 05:37 PM   #807
beardo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

About 5 years ago i owned a series 3 Au xr8 ute in liquid silver. It was immaculate and i loved it to bits, more than any other car I've owned. But we didn't have much money and i felt bad that my wife was driving a clapped out Magna so the ute got sold. I always said I'd have another one and that day came around recently. I bought home a near identical one. Its not quite as good as the first one but it will be.
The one with the Ba Gt wheels is the first one and the one on the 17s is my new one

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk
beardo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2019, 06:35 PM   #808
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

After getting quotes for a vacate clean in the $1800 range, with my bond only $1500 I decided to spend last weekend doing it myself and only paying someone to do the carpets, I got informed I’ll be getting all my bond back.

Winning!
Old 27-02-2019, 01:54 PM   #809
Sioso
irregular member

This being delivered to my office:

Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 27-02-2019, 02:46 PM   #810
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Very cool, no wonder your feeling good !
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post