Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-08-2018, 06:20 PM   #31
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Nabbed by VicRoads

I personally think the original post has gone kind of askew into a different debate. If somebody does their job then they do their job. If things are all to the rules and you are not complying to the rules then it is what it is. I could rattle off the number of times I have gotten off and the people in enforcement who let it slide but that's not the point.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-08-2018, 06:50 PM   #32
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wanted to explain my reasoning for questioning an earlier post. I have no interest in starting arguments or humiliating other members. We all have our code of ethics or values and whilst they differ from person to person, most of us share similar views. To judge another person's attitude or ability on their sex,colour or religion is just wrong. Even if it's a throw away line or something said in jest, it is still wrong and paves the way for others to join in, often without fully understanding what they are supporting. At one end is the cheap comment or sexist remark, at the other is full blown abuse. It is all connected as anybody from Doctors, Police and Psych's will attest to. Before anybody replies to this, just think what sort of society you want for your mother, wife, sister, girlfriend or daughter?
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2018, 09:10 AM   #33
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Apologies for further hijacking this thread, but my warehouse team were all male, we introduced some female team members, they had amazing attention to detail, no ego and got on with the job. Suddenly the boys were picking up their game not wanting to be shown up by these new team members, and the place became more professional.Jus sayin’......

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 13-08-2018, 05:23 PM   #34
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In used to work for a dodgy construction company, and you just can't tell some guys.

Driver is responsible, plenty of people used to overload the work trucks thinking they would be safe as the 'boss told them to', I used to tell them that the boss will drop them like a hot potato if something happened. They looked at me like I was the idiot for not doing these jobs.

I refused to overload trucks and the boss stopped sending me to pick up dodgy loads, he used to send other people mostly ethnic with little English skill to pick those loads up.

Lucky you only got stopped and may end up with a fine, imagine the repercussions if something happened and someone got injured or killed, you would be looking a prison time.

Consider it a lesson learned and I guess you now know where your 'Boss' stands, can't trust these 'bosses' as far as you can throw them.

In most companies and organisations you have to look over your shoulder more and cover your back side from those that are supposed to support you.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post