Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
LOW_XR
460hp + manual = fun

Default help fitting hard lid. help please

hey all. i just bought a hard lid for my au this morning.
it is a genuine ford hard lid. but i got given some brackets buti dont know where/ how they go.what im asking is does anyone have pics of how there hard lid is fitted? mainly focusing on where the locks loch in and where the gas struts screw into tub liner.

thanks in advance.

BA XR6 turbo, blood orange, 6 speed , mal wood option 3+ clutch, fg gt style 19's , xr8 bonnet, no spoiler , de-badged , sunroof , leather , premo, fpv wheel, plazmaman 1100hp cooler, plazmaman hot + cold side piping and intake, x force exhaust, 460 rwhp and more....
LOW_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2009, 06:09 PM   #2
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Kevs home soon i will grab some Picks for you

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2009, 06:18 PM   #3
LOW_XR
460hp + manual = fun

cheers, thanks for that...
BA XR6 turbo, blood orange, 6 speed , mal wood option 3+ clutch, fg gt style 19's , xr8 bonnet, no spoiler , de-badged , sunroof , leather , premo, fpv wheel, plazmaman 1100hp cooler, plazmaman hot + cold side piping and intake, x force exhaust, 460 rwhp and more....
Old 20-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #4
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

From the rear edge forward the key lock is 300 X 110 in from outer edge. this will determine ware the lock plate is fitted to the tub liner

Again from the rear of tub looking forward Strut hinge internal on tub liner to center of mounting bracket is 1120.. from the rear of lid to extended gas strut Bracket center is 1330
Note strut does not have to be fully extended to work properly as long as both sides are square

Front mounting hinge is 290 from outside edge of tub to furtherest edge of bracket . looking at it as a unit as long as lid mounts match tub liner mounts 5 to 10 mm either way wont mater much as long as it is square , Key ways for locks need to be mounted over fastening points

Failing that send me a PM and we can meet up some ware for a look.

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-12-2009, 08:17 PM   #5
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Hey mate. I have a document showing all of the locations and measurements for fitting of a genuine hard top if you would like it. Shoot me a PM if you want.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2009, 08:32 PM   #6
LOW_XR
460hp + manual = fun

thanks very much. the brackets i got are different :(. so ill have to get the brackets for the locks and gas strut now.

cheers guys.
Old 20-12-2009, 08:36 PM   #7
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Hmm if thats the case then the document that I have may not help you then as it is for the brackets shown above.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2009, 09:46 PM   #8
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

2-door sedan anyone?
Old 20-12-2009, 10:01 PM   #9
LOW_XR
460hp + manual = fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
2-door sedan anyone?
what now?
Old 20-12-2009, 10:22 PM   #10
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW_XR
what now?
Well in putting a hard lid on your ute now makes the tray a bit more like a boot, as it is just like a bootlid. a boot makes a car a sedan, and a ute with a boot is more like a 2-door sedan.

my work ute is a dual-cab ute with a short tray and a hard lid, and it is probably less useful than a falcon sedan, the literage of the 'boot' is possibly similar but you can't fold down the rear seats etc, it's not lit, not lined, not openable by a remote etc. I would imagine a lined au ute would be a fair bit more useful however.
Old 22-12-2009, 11:21 PM   #11
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

There are definitely two, possible three different levels of hard lid fitting kit's that I know of.
The one Kev has is the "base model" kit so to speak, and the one I have the is "top model" kit. If I ever get rid of the lid/change mounting ways, Kev's called dibs on the mounting kit. If you need to get some mounts, try to get these style ones

Lock mount, goes behind the rear most rope rail kit mount

Strut mount. Same mount on hard lid for either kit

Hinge mount

Lid shut

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-12-2016, 10:25 PM   #12
scottyvekar
Starter Motor

Default Re: help fitting hard lid. help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
Hey mate. I have a document showing all of the locations and measurements for fitting of a genuine hard top if you would like it. Shoot me a PM if you want.

Hey buddy could you please send me that document I have the standard braces
scottyvekar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2018, 03:54 PM   #13
xygtho3
Starter Motor

Default Re: help fitting hard lid. help please

If anyone still has the fitting instructions for the AU/ BA Ford branded hard lid, especially the position of the gas strut brackets to the tub , it would be appreciated.
Thanks
xygtho3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post