Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-06-2017, 08:43 AM   #31
dead_man00124

Default Re: Obsolete IRS Bushes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edxr6 View Post
Roostercam,

Keep it, you will be kicking yourself if you sell it. What else can you buy for the price you can purchase an AU XR8, they are great value for money these days. It's just a matter of time before a few companies start producing IRS bushes, then the prices will become competitive and reasonable. It's only my personal opinion.

Cheers

Yea once 1 company starts the rest will follow to get in on the action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dead_man00124 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2017, 09:01 PM   #32
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So from what I have read, there will definitely be a complete range of bushes & suspension components for AU XR Falcons with I.R.S and L.S.D?
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2017, 09:14 PM   #33
Edxr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostercam View Post
So from what I have read, there will definitely be a complete range of bushes & suspension components for AU XR Falcons with I.R.S and L.S.D?
Roostercam,

That's what Super Pro indicated, within 6 months, apparently going through their testing phase now.

Cheers
Edxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2017, 02:58 PM   #34
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edxr6 View Post
Roostercam,

That's what Super Pro indicated, within 6 months, apparently going through their testing phase now.

Cheers
Thanks for reply. I emailed Aust Wholesale Suspension in Blacktown NSW asking about stock of these and they suggested the BA SuperPro HD rear diff mount bush kit which they have in stock for under $300. I am sure somebody told me once there is a small difference between the BA & AU bushes. This is the link. www.ebay.com.au/itm/-/272599671640
What do you think?
Old 21-06-2017, 06:14 PM   #35
Edxr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks for reply. I emailed Aust Wholesale Suspension in Blacktown NSW asking about stock of these and they suggested the BA SuperPro HD rear diff mount bush kit which they have in stock for under $300. I am sure somebody told me once there is a small difference between the BA & AU bushes. This is the link. www.ebay.com.au/itm/-/272599671640
What do you think?
I have heard the BA diff mount bushes are the same and do fit, however I would do some more research or someone on the forum who can confirm they fit the AU IRS before you commit to the purchase. At least they are Super Pro, so in the future you can use the same brand for the IRS.

Cheers
This user likes this post:
Old 21-06-2017, 11:56 PM   #36
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now I am getting an idea of what the cost could be if I went nuts and replaced all the bushes and suspension etc, I can almost buy another xr8. Might run it by my missus and see what she thinks. If I say it will be cheaper....
Old 22-06-2017, 03:35 PM   #37
Edxr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Now I am getting an idea of what the cost could be if I went nuts and replaced all the bushes and suspension etc, I can almost buy another xr8. Might run it by my missus and see what she thinks. If I say it will be cheaper....
Cheers,
Old 18-10-2017, 06:01 PM   #38
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have included an email I just received about the AU IRS Diff bushes.
I hope this helps anybody who is also waiting!
Dear Cameron.
We are close to releasing all the bushes but I still do not have a date.
If your after just the two DIFF bushes use SPF3148PK and 10mm longer bolts. If you cannot get the bolts I think the OE bolts are only just long enough.
I am sorry this is taking longer than we were hoping but our engineers will not release them until they are happy.
I have used this part number in AU IRS just check the distance of the old bush in the housing before removing it so you can fit the new bush in the same place.
Thank you Cameron for your enquiry if you subscribe to Superpro you will get emails on updates.

Kind regards,
Nick Comino
SuperPro Product Technical Advisor
28 Evesham St | Moorooka | Qld | 4105

Phone : 07 3892 9028
Mobile: 0488 083 915
nickc@superpro.com.au
3 users like this post:
Old 19-10-2017, 11:59 AM   #39
Jordan_31
Starter Motor

For what it's worth, I rebuilt the whole rear-end in my AU SIII XR8 a couple of years ago and I replaced all of the subframe-to-chassis bushes at the time due to the rear two bushes collapsing...

It was helpful that I had access to a lathe but I ended up machining my own out of some high strength Nylon and reused the old alloy (for rear) and steel (for front) crush tubes and steel sleeves. I managed to make the fronts with enough interference fit that they were never going to produce any movement problems but the rears did squeak a little due to the fact that the subframe makes it hard to be pressed in at home. I just installed them with a bit of SikaFlex and I've never had a problem with them since.

I thought it was going to transmit a lot of noise but I've never had a problem with this. Recently I have had some more bushes machined up for the diff to cradle mounts out of the same nylon, I get the feeling this is going to make things a lot louder but hey... race car!

All up it didn't cost me much, but I did a lot of work myself. If SuperPro had had replacement bushes at the time I would have gone down that route to be honest.
Jordan_31 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2017, 05:24 PM   #40
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Interesting developments guys. I have changed every single bush in my XR8 except for the diff and subfame, so they will be the icing on the growing-ever-more-expensive-everyday cake!

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2017, 09:34 PM   #41
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_31 View Post
For what it's worth, I rebuilt the whole rear-end in my AU SIII XR8 a couple of years ago and I replaced all of the subframe-to-chassis bushes at the time due to the rear two bushes collapsing...

It was helpful that I had access to a lathe but I ended up machining my own out of some high strength Nylon and reused the old alloy (for rear) and steel (for front) crush tubes and steel sleeves. I managed to make the fronts with enough interference fit that they were never going to produce any movement problems but the rears did squeak a little due to the fact that the subframe makes it hard to be pressed in at home. I just installed them with a bit of SikaFlex and I've never had a problem with them since.

I thought it was going to transmit a lot of noise but I've never had a problem with this. Recently I have had some more bushes machined up for the diff to cradle mounts out of the same nylon, I get the feeling this is going to make things a lot louder but hey... race car!

All up it didn't cost me much, but I did a lot of work myself. If SuperPro had had replacement bushes at the time I would have gone down that route to be honest.
Great post Jordan and very helpful. I don't have the smarts, gear or patience to do what you did and thankfully, SuperPro will be able to help soon. Impressed with you fashioning your own out of Nylon.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:32 PM   #42
TICKFORD220
2009 Fg xr6 turbo

Ive just found out my front cradle mount bushes are rooted and im stoked to hear you cant buy them... did anything come of this thread?
TICKFORD220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2017, 08:38 PM   #43
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TICKFORD220 View Post
Ive just found out my front cradle mount bushes are rooted and im stoked to hear you cant buy them... did anything come of this thread?
Well, its 6 months since they said 'maybe 6 months, so I have just sent an email to SuperPro outlining what we all want for the I.R.S XR's. Will post result when I get a reply.

Last edited by au350hp; 06-12-2017 at 08:51 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 06-12-2017, 09:51 PM   #44
nstg8a

Heres hoping... I need to do them all in my ghia as well.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2017, 10:59 PM   #45
BigJamo
Yep ... BOOSTED

Nolathane- http://www.nolathane.com.au/search2....LCON#searchbox
They have most models. We just got the numbers we need and ordered local through a mate and got them cheaper and an extra 10% off.

Superpro - https://www.superpro.com.au/find/sup.../cid-999500234
With these ones we went local again, $700 for the whole car (AU) which saved us over 300.

Still havent put any of them in. Waiting on school holidays for the AU which is a daily and still trying to find someone good enough to do the FG.
2014 (Feb) FG MK2 XR6 Turbo
6 speed Manual

Last edited by BigJamo; 06-12-2017 at 11:01 PM. Reason: ...
BigJamo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2017, 11:14 PM   #46
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJamo View Post
Nolathane- http://www.nolathane.com.au/search2....LCON#searchbox
They have most models. We just got the numbers we need and ordered local through a mate and got them cheaper and an extra 10% off.

Superpro - https://www.superpro.com.au/find/sup.../cid-999500234
With these ones we went local again, $700 for the whole car (AU) which saved us over 300.

Still havent put any of them in. Waiting on school holidays for the AU which is a daily and still trying to find someone good enough to do the FG.
Both links don't cover the bushes we are looking for. I doubt the bunch you have include these at the price you paid, but good luck to you if they were included in the total.

Last edited by au350hp; 06-12-2017 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:09 AM   #47
TICKFORD220
2009 Fg xr6 turbo

I had an au diff cradle in my shed for almost a year and thought"its time to turf it " so I did a few days ago in a skip bin at the wifes work....
Apparently the bin man never came today so I went and grabbed the front mounting bushes out!
They actually look ok,have to see what the old ones(105000km) look like,the drivers side is hanging 15mm lower so id say its cactus.
Funnily enough the ones I removed from the junked cradle had over 200k on them,dont look torn at all,fingers crossed!!!
Most likely sag once fitted
Cant wait to hear about superpros progress before I do mine!!!!!!!
I actually jumped under the car to measure the lowest point on my exhaust and found this little gem of a problem.
Oh yeah rooster the lowest point seems to be about 130mm which is lower than I thought but still hasn't scraped yet.
Arent cars fun!
Old 07-12-2017, 12:31 PM   #48
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I had an au diff cradle in my shed for almost a year and thought"its time to turf it " so I did a few days ago in a skip bin at the wifes work....
Apparently the bin man never came today so I went and grabbed the front mounting bushes out!
They actually look ok,have to see what the old ones(105000km) look like,the drivers side is hanging 15mm lower so id say its cactus.
Funnily enough the ones I removed from the junked cradle had over 200k on them,dont look torn at all,fingers crossed!!!
Most likely sag once fitted
Cant wait to hear about superpros progress before I do mine!!!!!!!
I actually jumped under the car to measure the lowest point on my exhaust and found this little gem of a problem.
Oh yeah rooster the lowest point seems to be about 130mm which is lower than I thought but still hasn't scraped yet.
Arent cars fun!
What a shame your in Perth. I want a cradle to re bush & detail, then I can swap mine over in one go.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:52 PM   #49
TICKFORD220
2009 Fg xr6 turbo

Mine will be in the big rubbish tip in the sky by now lol
The welded centre stud which holds the diff centre had snapped anyway it was cactus.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:00 PM   #50
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is the reply regarding the IRS bushes. Disappointing no time frame but holiday season always slows things up. I will check in March. The part number he suggests is from the B series I believe, very similar, but I can wait.

Hello Cameron,
Sorry for the delay on the bushes for IRS AU2 Fords we have had some hold ups with feedback had have had to do some changes to the bushes.
As for the Diff Bush you can use SPF3148PK kit but you will have to use a 10mm longer bolt the pinion bush is also one that is being changed.
I was just speaking to our engineer about it and he said that release date will be soon for the rest of the bushes, how soon sorry I don’t know.
Sorry Cameron I cannot give you more information at this time.

Kind regards,
Nick Comino
SuperPro Product Technical Advisor
28 Evesham St | Moorooka | Qld | 4105
Old 07-12-2017, 09:36 PM   #51
TICKFORD220
2009 Fg xr6 turbo

Thanks for chasing that up dude,we sit on our hands and wait then.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:50 PM   #52
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks for chasing that up dude,we sit on our hands and wait then.
At least there is piece of mind knowing their actually being tested & a definite time is not far away & its here in Oz. Remeber the 80's & early 90's chasing up parts using faxes & expensive telephone calls at odd hours to the USA for parts for a 1980 Corvette that a mate and I owned. Nightmare and big $$$$$$$$$$$
Old 13-12-2017, 10:56 PM   #53
BigJamo
Yep ... BOOSTED

Quote:
Both links don't cover the bushes we are looking for. I doubt the bunch you have include these at the price you paid, but good luck to you if they were included in the total.
Yeah your right, we have the beam axle but I wasnt sure about IRS.

Great to see you getting somewhere with it.
2014 (Feb) FG MK2 XR6 Turbo
6 speed Manual
BigJamo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2017, 08:06 PM   #54
NCII40
XR6T BA 2002

Thanks roostercam
Old 20-12-2017, 07:08 PM   #55
BOTTLEDUP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I doubt any other manufacturer will bother with the AU IRS bushes, Nolathane were planning to introduce the upper shock mount around 2010, but canned the idea due to the costs. In their opinion the AU IRS market is not big enough to justify the product (ie the beancounters weren't happy with the cost/profit result).

I must say good on Graham at Fulcrum Suspension & SuperPro for supporting local niche markets, it helps that he is a 'Ford guy'. All I can say is be patient people, the AU IRS market is not a big one, and if they do bring out the full range of subframe bushes it is our best interests to support them.
BOTTLEDUP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 21-12-2017, 02:53 PM   #56
Edxr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bottleup

Let's not forget these companies make huge amounts of profits on other manufacturing products that they sell local and oversees. As car enthusiast we also spend huge amounts of money on our cars because we love our passion and what we do. A wise customer will always look after their needs and back pockets at the same time, especially when it comes down to the purchasing car parts at a respectable price and not because they are the only company producing the parts, then take the advantage of enthusiasts like us. Just my opinion.

Cheers
Old 06-03-2018, 10:57 PM   #57
lari1eye

Bit if an update today. Had to do the two rear bushes of the AU IRS diff. I went to Fulcrum Hillcrest, Qld.
I also was worried about the front diff bush, which had been loose for years.
So, in goes the two rear bushes and of course, once they were in place, the half buggered front bush was now really swinging.
So, they rang Fulcrum HQ and they answered that the front bush is ready for release. My car would be the first to be done.
I will have to organise a time soon. I had the front end done last year, really handles now. Rear sway bar bushes also have to be done.
When the diff bushes was all put back together, after the test drive, the clunking noise was obvious.
So, up on the hoist, one mechanic had the car in drive, moving the diff forward and back.
Underneath we could see the whole front of the diff was really swinging. Bush shagged!!!
So in future, have this little test done BEFORE the work is done so all the bushes can be done. Saves time and dollars.
Will do an update when the front bush is done.
Hope this helps. Cheers Larry
lari1eye is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 14-03-2018, 10:01 PM   #58
lari1eye

Thumbs up Re: Obsolete IRS Bushes

Hi well the... NEW Super Pro "AU pinion Diff Bush" is now installed on my AU2 XR8, along with the other two rear mounting bushes as per the previous post.
All thanks to Fulcrum Suspension, Hillcrest, Qld
For installation, the diff stayed in place and the only drama was the removal of the old bush shell.
Driving experience has now changed. No more movement or the occasional thud.
The bush is two pieces with the main part pushing up from underneath and an external cap on top.
Photos on Facebook "brisbane au falcon owners".....2018 posts
Cheers Larry
lari1eye is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2018, 11:03 AM   #59
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lari1eye View Post
Hi well the... NEW Super Pro "AU pinion Diff Bush" is now installed on my AU2 XR8, along with the other two rear mounting bushes as per the previous post.
All thanks to Fulcrum Suspension, Hillcrest, Qld
For installation, the diff stayed in place and the only drama was the removal of the old bush shell.
Driving experience has now changed. No more movement or the occasional thud.
The bush is two pieces with the main part pushing up from underneath and an external cap on top.
Photos on Facebook "brisbane au falcon owners".....2018 posts
Cheers Larry
I'm just going through the process on my racecar now, the diff bushes are about to be replaced with the SPF3148PK BA version, but i also need the pinion one.
I just saw your pics on facebook, trying to get my parts guy to get me one!
TICK4D-TAS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-04-2018, 02:55 PM   #60
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Hey Tim, are these the parts for the diff bush?

https://www.ebay.com.au/p/SuperPro-S...p2047675.l2644

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post