Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-01-2008, 06:30 PM   #601
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Welcome to the forums Jesus and nice to see a focus capable of what you have achieved. Hope you can have a good look around and see what cars we produce down here and some great times for near two tonne barges!!!

Flappist! Get off your high horse ..... No one has had a dig and we all cant be as learned as you ......... :

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 28-01-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2008, 06:33 PM   #602
nfocus
WTF?

wow nice car in your avatar.i linked my pictures to the local board here in vegas in the shine section if you'd like to take a look
nfocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2008, 06:46 PM   #603
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
His name is pronounced "Hey soose", it is spanish/latin american. Don't be such ignorant pricks.

And Jesus, welcome to our forum. Nice cars.....
Tell us what you really feel :togo:
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2008, 06:52 PM   #604
nfocus
WTF?

uh...i feel good.....lol danm aussies!!!!!!
Old 28-01-2008, 06:52 PM   #605
nfocus
WTF?

what kind of truck is in rodderz avatar? a lighting?
Old 28-01-2008, 07:30 PM   #606
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Thats an XR8 ute (I think), I imagine it's been modded though. The latest ones are powered by a 350hp 5.4l quad cam V8.

Our utes are based on the Falcon sedans. Essentially cut a sedan in half and mount a tub or tray on the back. Think of them as being similar in concept to a Ranchero or El Camino.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2008, 11:22 PM   #607
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
Flappist! Get off your high horse ..... No one has had a dig and we all cant be as learned as you ......... :
Actually the first reply was a half dig and I made my point to ensure no one else did.

Jesus is not Australian and Americans by and large do not really grasp the Australian sense of humour. In the same way many Australians do not understand yank culture. It was his first post and I wnated to make sure that he did not get offended by accident.

I did not start out learned, I picked it up along the way by taking notice. I hope you do the same, you never know one day you might be in a foreign country and it could save you from a lot of stress.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2008, 02:32 AM   #608
eabdfl
Starter Motor

Talking

Quote:
Actually the first reply was a half dig and I made my point to ensure no one else did.

Jesus is not Australian and Americans by and large do not really grasp the Australian sense of humour. In the same way many Australians do not understand yank culture. It was his first post and I wnated to make sure that he did not get offended by accident.

I did not start out learned, I picked it up along the way by taking notice. I hope you do the same, you never know one day you might be in a foreign country and it could save you from a lot of stress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist's signature
Revelations 13:18
Here is wisdom.
Let him that hath understanding count the number of the BEAST:
for it is the number of a F6 Typhoon; and its number is 0217.
Hi Flappist
just thought i would go along with your sense of humour and would just like to love your signature. And notice you added an "s" to Revelation so as not to misquote the "Holy Bible". sorry folks the real "Holy Bible" not the "holy bible" which is found HERE

:

PS check out the "For Sale" section. "My Minister of Finance" wants a ute bad.

NeWayz will be continuing to post all over the shop. And as yet haven't had a chance to thouroughly check out the OzE Cruizers section.

(But I tell you what that BenJ has some cool ideas.)
Old 29-01-2008, 03:12 AM   #609
syko4d

hi everyone been here for a while but just quietly lookin and stuff any way heres a couple of old pics of my car

oh and the stupid stickers have gone and the numberplate is were its supposed to be
syko4d is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2008, 10:37 AM   #610
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by eabdfl
Hi Flappist
just thought i would go along with your sense of humour and would just like to love your signature. And notice you added an "s" to Revelation so as not to misquote the "Holy Bible". sorry folks the real "Holy Bible" not the "holy bible" which is found HERE

:

PS check out the "For Sale" section. "My Minister of Finance" wants a ute bad.

NeWayz will be continuing to post all over the shop. And as yet haven't had a chance to thouroughly check out the OzE Cruizers section.

(But I tell you what that BenJ has some cool ideas.)
Is that from the bible? I thought it was a line from "Mad Max 4"......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2008, 03:22 PM   #611
cursingelf

Hey guys, just joined woot for noobs

picked up a 2004 Xl ute yesterday for $13.400 with 69,000klms on it

bargain i think.

anywho...guess ill see you all round here:p

Mitch
cursingelf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2008, 03:27 PM   #612
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:

Well this is certainly a tad bit nasty and a Fine howdy for new members to see!!!

How about keeping the Welcome new Members thread nice guys...Come on Flappist...Come on Dave...now kiss and make up!!
Old 29-01-2008, 09:28 PM   #613
xygoonman
the silver goooon

Hey guys and gals..been a member for a while but never officially said gday...

I own a rapid yellow 2004 mk2 xr6t ute..thats me weekender..

Also own a very original 1971 frosted pewter silver xy fairmont wagon (also a weekender )

during the week its a 97 xh falcon work ute..

catch yas round...........ah yeh get some piccies up later

cheers toddo..
xygoonman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #614
Orangexr6
Starter Motor

Default Hi everybody

I've been reading these forums for a few months now and thought it was about time I said hello.
I currently drive a BF series 2 xr6 in the past I've owned quite a few fords,my favourites were xb fairmont coupe,1969 capri,xc gxl fairmont and a ED futura.
The ED I bought brand new and got 13 years of trouble free motoring she might not have been as glamourus as my other cars but I had a tear in my eye the day I sold her.
Any way keep up the good work and I hope that you will be hearing from me again.
Orangexr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2008, 06:57 PM   #615
envyyvne
Starter Motor

hey everyone, just thought i should say g'day before i get too many posts up elsewhere, :

My names Brendan, i live in perth and im on my 2nd falcon atm, a ef series 2 xr6 that ive had for 18 months and about 20,000k's worth of road trips (i dont drive to work.... yet)

Stumbled across the forum looking for information on the orion as im thinking of upgrading soon and the idea of a turbo ghia or a force 6 just floats my boat :

anyhow looking forward to meeting fellow blue blooded individuals,
good day
envyyvne is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2008, 09:47 PM   #616
MitchMD
Brain Mechanic

Hi guys,

I'm Mitchell from Brisbane. Heard through the grape vine at work that the new Falcon is being revealed by the weeks end. As a former BA Falcon (XR8) owner I can safetly inform you that I am a Ford man and fan. I work at the Wesley Hospital as a cinsultant Neurosurgeon and have done so for the past 7 years. Cars are one of my favourite hobbies. I currently own a current generation (E60) BMW 530i and could not be happier with my vehicle.

I found this site in my search for Orion related information, speculation and images. I decided join so I can stay abreast of Ford news during this difficult period for the Australian car industry.

I hope in time to become a respected and helpful member and look forward to chatting with you all.
MitchMD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2008, 10:36 PM   #617
Deen
Starter Motor

hi everybody. im Deen from South Africa. soon to be moving to your shores to work for a while... who knows... i might even stay!!

currently drive a Ford Focus ST (XR5 Turbo). completely stock with 156kw and 337nm at the wheels. love my Fords and looking to get one when im in OZ.
Deen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2008, 06:23 PM   #618
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

hey DEEN, this must be international week. i'm dave from the States.

anyhow, hello all.

a fella from Victoria sent me a link here of the new Falcon and i had to join to see it. not sorry i did.

gotta say i've had good first hand experience of Aussie hospitality over the years. the most memorable was a time when several hundred Aussies showed up at a hotel i was staying at for business. the first friday night the bar was literally standing room only. at one point i needed to leave my seat at the bar to take a i willingly acknowledged i'd lose my seat. low and behold, when i returned, my seat was still empty. that tells you something about a culture.

needless to say i'm a hot rodder and a ford man, bad economic times and all.

this looks like a nice site and i'd like to thank devilracer (if he's the same fella i know) for the link here.

ps. i typically don't type worth a crap, but i tried to keep it neat for this first post.

pps. i like windsors.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7umdz/s...eliminator.jpg
solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2008, 06:27 PM   #619
matty88

Hey everyone

I actually joined a while back for my mates who all had Fords

But now I own a KF Series 2 TX3 non turbo.
matty88 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2008, 07:23 AM   #620
stalker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey guys, im in stalker ( or matt if you prefer) from SA, i got a mint condition ED Fairmont basically stock, ill up some pictures tomorrow when i get up... or today, either way. i plan to do a bit to the ED, first up is converting it to a manual. anyway off to bed, and ill work on the pictures
stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2008, 09:07 AM   #621
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome to all our new members
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2008, 09:02 AM   #622
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

good to meet you MotherNature.

don't worry about that kronos guy ripping a hole in the ozone layer behind me. his days are numbered.

j/k. i think it's a hilarious picture.

ps. the fella i know as devilracer in teh states is fordfreak2 down here. found out last night he's a grandfather for the second time. congrats !
solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2008, 12:14 AM   #623
fpr_esp
351 xe s pac

howdy just thought id say hello just signed up been a member of the other ford forums for 4 years but cbf with it. so here i am my names darren live in northern suburbs of melbourne. currently rebuilding xe spac engines done she in middle of body work rust repairs full bare metal respray etc. got a 351c exstensive head work mostly my own work serious port work 2v open chamber heads had the intakes cut out to 4vs stage 2 cam high rise manifold 650 holley yella terra street roller rockers, stock pistons hastings pro molly race series rings pacemaker try y's soon to be replaced with 4 inta 1's backed by a solid rebuilt c10 auto 2500 dominator/phil sodastream histall and 3.5 lsd diff out a ea fairmont ghia hoping to be a finished product by june anyhoo once again hello and happy to be a member of fordforums.com.au .
Old 20-02-2008, 12:49 AM   #624
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Welcome Darren...Nice to have ya on board!!

Cheers
Colleen
Old 20-02-2008, 08:04 AM   #625
red_hotxr6
Banned

Hi and welcome Darren...enjoy :
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2008, 05:23 PM   #626
fpr_esp
351 xe s pac

thanks glad to be apart of the forums.
Old 21-02-2008, 03:32 PM   #627
fordlaserbabe84
Starter Motor

hey guys im new and my name is jess.
i have just bought a KC laser. will be doing some mods soon, body kit, getting rims,respray and im getting some racing srtipes after the respry. might do a bit to the inside but not sure yet, see how the finances go. im putting a tx3 body kit on it from lasermods, changing the grill an ligts to tx3, im keeping it white probly.
anyways i live in vic an im 23 it will be my first done up car yay its exciting.
oh i only paid a grand for me car an it has not got a dint on it, straight body very happy with that, runs well
fordlaserbabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2008, 10:55 PM   #628
KazEL
Starter Motor

Hi! I am Kaz, I know sfa about cars so be prepared for a lot of stupid questions!
KazEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #629
TP351
Lurker

Hi everyone! My name is Tony. I thought I better introduce myself, since I joined a week ago and have been just lurking around.
I have owned a string of Falcon GT's over the years incl. XY, XW, XR & XB (the XB is the one in the avatar) I'm currently in between GT's, and going by the current prices, a LONG way in between! I'm embarrassed to say my current car is a full grandpa spec XF on gas. I'm currently building up an old one owner, rust free XD, (351, toploader, etc) which will mainly be used for club track days for a bit of fun.
I'm a member of the Geelong Falcon GT Club and I'm on the committee for the Kiwanis Geelong All Ford Day. So if you have any constructive feedback, feel free to let me know. (I may regret admitting that later......)
TP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2008, 08:13 PM   #630
Geez Louise
Awesome

Hi KazEL..Don't worry.I asked the stupidiest questions. Welcome aboard!!