Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-03-2018, 12:09 PM   #31
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Clearing Up Myths About E85 And Ethanol: 16 Things You Need To Know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
Did you test the 0-100km/h time out? I bet it was under 5 seconds on E10.
Yes I did

Even the wife who was not driving made a point of it's performance on E10.

I am not a fan of 0 100km/h but of 100km/h and beyond is the practical test.

I would say that the car is tuned truly to run on 95 octane and that 91 is just retarding the spark timing.
It will spin the wheels easy as on take off with E10 but it will not on 91.

These Aurions flog the 3.6L Commodores and the 4.0L Falcons, not the Turbo, but I hate FWD cars myself, but just plodding about on the highway it's fine and good at overtaking not to mention it can do 230KM/H so if you had to go the Darwin it would be ok, you will not be complaining.

Dirt roads well forget it, it's just rubbish to drive on that, the understeer and noise of stones being churned up by the front wheels really gets to you.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-03-2018, 03:12 PM   #32
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

You didn't tell us the 0-100km/h time :o

Was it so fast that you have to keep it to yourself!!?
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2018, 01:42 PM   #33
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
You didn't tell us the 0-100km/h time :o

Was it so fast that you have to keep it to yourself!!?
I said the point of 0-100 is not the real point, because it's fast in 1st and 2ed but it's in 3rd that you find the real difference in the power that you can truly notice with the fuel being used.

Now it's no rocket ship compared to my SS but as to what it is, that I am on about and as to the fuel being used.

I don't think the wife would like me to take it to the 1/4 mile drags she does not really like me driving it, recons it does not like me driving it.

I remember coming to a T section onto a road that became hilly up further and 3 4x4 were taking off going my way and I thought well I am not going to hang about behind them lot, so I took off after them all flat to the boards and coming up on the 3rd one I was in 3rd gear and I was thinking bloody hell Aurion come on (wishing I was in my SS) and I thought this thing normally goes better than this, them 4x4 were flat to the boards as well mind, and the big Aurion was running on Caltex 91.

The wife started using E10 in it and claimed it liked the E10 and when I drove it to SA yep as sure to be sure E10 performed better, maybe like 30KW more easy. like I have pointed out I was impressed with the difference running E10 in it.

It was only run on Caltex 91 and Caltex E10 94 octane as the wife has a card for that Caltex rubbish.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2018, 01:49 PM   #34
stevanford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

E85 #1. Wouldn't own a modified car without being able to use the stuff.
stevanford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post