Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-02-2017, 08:42 PM   #1
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Help however you can.....please

Howdy people,

I haven't posted in a while, and wish I didn't have to under these circumstances, my partner came home last week in tears after finding out her best friends older brother had a terrible accident at work, this has left Eddie a paraplegic, i am sharing a link to his gofundme page, not sure if this is even allowed but il do it anyway, anything will help literally any amount you can spare. Thanks heaps people.

https://www.gofundme.com/eddies-accident
phat_stak_tipa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2017, 09:02 AM   #2
scoupedy

Default Re: Help however you can.....please

Work cover will be paying all their medical and other expenses. And he will get a pay out.
I can't help as I'm in a similar situation and they are only paying my base 38 hours when I averaged 48.
scoupedy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2017, 01:22 PM   #3
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes that is true, but in the mean time whilst all the red tape is sorted, some money will help, sorry to hear you are in a bad way too.
phat_stak_tipa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2017, 03:35 PM   #4
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

A perfect example on why people should have income protection insurance, we insure our car’s on the road’s but don’t give our own self the same train of thought when a person’s personal income is worth a lot more then just a measly vehicle being driven on the road.

Accident’s happen quite often and people should consider the consequences if something so terrible should occur.

Not to mention income protection is 100% tax deductible.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-02-2017, 08:56 AM   #5
scoupedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
A perfect example on why people should have income protection insurance, we insure our car’s on the road’s but don’t give our own self the same train of thought when a person’s personal income is worth a lot more then just a measly vehicle being driven on the road.

Accident’s happen quite often and people should consider the consequences if something so terrible should occur.

Not to mention income protection is 100% tax deductible.
Some of us can barely afford to live day to day
The red tape shouldn't take anytime at all i was in hospital for two weeks and my pay didnt stop but im a wage earner. If you are self employed then income insurance is a must have and be part of your business plan/ expenses.
Good luck hope he gets better I'm still recovering and its been a year now
Old 27-02-2017, 10:39 AM   #6
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoupedy View Post
Some of us can barely afford to live day to day
The red tape shouldn't take anytime at all i was in hospital for two weeks and my pay didnt stop but im a wage earner. If you are self employed then income insurance is a must have and be part of your business plan/ expenses.
Good luck hope he gets better I'm still recovering and its been a year now
Even people that can hardly make ends meet have enough for an internet connection, smart phone and alcohol, but not income protection / accident and life insurance.

In the unfortunate event I have a "life changing accident" I get a lump sum 7 figure payout and monthly income of 80% of what I currently earn.

Sorry to highjack but it one of the most important things a working person with a family can do, is take out some kind of life / trauma insurance.

It's not just a for a work or car accident where you may get some $$$ eventually, you may just have a stroke or a aneurism sitting in a coffee shot on a Saturday morning. Or like a mate of mine who just dropped stone dead at 45 at a soccer game. I'm insured for death / disability / income if anything happens to me and I know my family are more than taken car of, no need to a go fund me page.

Get your $$$ priorities straight forego the expensive iPhone or internet or new car and get your self adequately insured.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-02-2017, 03:26 PM   #7
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Even people that can hardly make ends meet have enough for an internet connection, smart phone and alcohol, but not income protection / accident and life insurance.

In the unfortunate event I have a "life changing accident" I get a lump sum 7 figure payout and monthly income of 80% of what I currently earn.

Sorry to highjack but it one of the most important things a working person with a family can do, is take out some kind of life / trauma insurance.

It's not just a for a work or car accident where you may get some $$$ eventually, you may just have a stroke or a aneurism sitting in a coffee shot on a Saturday morning. Or like a mate of mine who just dropped stone dead at 45 at a soccer game. I'm insured for death / disability / income if anything happens to me and I know my family are more than taken car of, no need to a go fund me page.

Get your $$$ priorities straight forego the expensive iPhone or internet or new car and get your self adequately insured.
Spot on, seriously this day and age anybody can afford to protect themselves if they were smart enough, I’m only a lowly wage earner myself but yet I can find the means to insure from such a unforeseen misfortune, it’s the same old story with some, they ***** and moan that life’s so tough to live day by day but yet can easily find themselves with life's creature comforts at their fingertips, if you can afford to insure your car then you can afford to insure ones self.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2017, 06:22 PM   #8
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Most people have that as part of their super I would have thought?
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-02-2017, 08:20 PM   #9
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
Most people have that as part of their super I would have thought?
Most people pay zero attention to anything to do with their super.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-03-2017, 11:16 PM   #10
scoupedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

You may pay into that insurance and find when you need it the don't pay for some obscure reason.
I had loan income protection and lost my job they didn't pay for six months then more to process it by that time I was working again.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:26 AM   #11
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoupedy View Post
You may pay into that insurance and find when you need it the don't pay for some obscure reason.
I had loan income protection and lost my job they didn't pay for six months then more to process it by that time I was working again.
Like everything, you need to get a reputable insurer and know what you are insured for. There are exclusions, there are waiting periods etc etc.

Less exclusions. less waiting time means higher premium. All my income and life insurance costs $700/month (2 working people, 2 kids)..very expensive but I have very few exclusions..I could get others at half that but you then get exclusions building up.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2017, 11:44 AM   #12
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm very on the fence about this type of insurance. One of my good friends became very sick and had to stop working. This person had income protection and claimed on it, which was all good. The insurance company did the right thing and paid the income.

This is the real bad part. My friend had to go onto medication which was very expensive. Applied to Centrelink to get a health care card, but was rejected because they were using the income insurance.

So because they couldn't get the health care card they had to pay full price for the meds instead of the PBS price. After all that was said and done, they would have been better off not Claiming on the income protection and going on sickness benefits, as they would have been around $75 a fortnight better off on Centrelink.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post