Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-03-2017, 09:13 AM   #1
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Is there a way to get your shed to a point you can use it even if there's more to do

Have a shed at moment that is getting all new shelving and stuff and like everyone you can only afford one job at a time on it and sometimes it can be weeks months before you can afford the next thing and at moment don't really have the $$$ to do anymore at moment and need to get it usable for certain reasons but don't really have the $$$ at moment to do anymore to it.

One reason is the particular car needs a lot fixed and constantly needs something fixed which is costing some time an $$$ at moment but is understandable as the particular one has over 300,000km and is old but don't want to trade up as like older cars and going to car shows.

What could you do to make things alittle easier and better.

What could you do to get bigger shed like certain people you know and be able to have your storage problems sorted
car10002 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2017, 12:20 PM   #2
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Default Re: Is there a way to get your shed to a point you can use it even if there's more to do

Car first, shed later.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-03-2017, 12:34 PM   #3
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Default Re: Is there a way to get your shed to a point you can use it even if there's more to do

I'd shelve the shed idea and shed any stuff you can't shelve in particular.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2017, 12:35 PM   #4
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Creative stacking can work. Put all your Ex-wife's stuff at the bottom and pack all the pointy and/or dirty stuff on top. Next time she's visiting the kids make sure she sees it. Tell her there's no room for it, it's been there since last May, you need the space and you told her to bring a trailer.

I have a 45' x 25' shed, and I just have enough room for a Fiesta ST and a smaller workshop down one end. Ask me how I know this...

...hasn't worked yet, but she's due tomorrow. Let's see if she brings a trailer.
Ratmick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2017, 01:24 PM   #5
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have to do something with shed and want to know what to do to get it to point of looking nicer but no $$$ for it at momen
Old 10-03-2017, 01:26 PM   #6
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by car10002 View Post
Have to do something with shed and want to know what to do to get it to point of looking nicer but no $$$ for it at momen
Knock down rebuild...
Old 10-03-2017, 03:35 PM   #7
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

I swear it's the Hulk.
gossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2017, 03:36 PM   #8
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

Quote:
Elbow grease.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:15 PM   #9
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Dirty rag in the petrol tank syndrome.

It'll run!
It'll run!
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2017, 04:44 PM   #10
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You've got no money to fix your car so you can drive it.
You can't/won't tell friends/rellies that you can't go here, there, everywhere because your car won't make it and you can't afford to fix it.

Now you want to "make your shed look better."

I'd say get a grip on reality and get out of the 'purple haze' that appears to be surrounding you.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2017, 05:25 PM   #11
car10002
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At moment slowly fixing car as that does have to happen and been told about shed
Old 10-03-2017, 05:41 PM   #12
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would be more concerned about the caravan.

I knew I should not have clicked on this thread

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2017, 07:37 PM   #13
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Without knowing the type of construction of your shed its hard to go beyond recommending a good cleanout and tidy up.
Back in the day of the old single or double car gabled sheds we would put old wooden doors up over the rafters and store things that we didn't use often up there.
I'm thinking, if this is how your shed is constructed, you could invite your cousin around, ask her to wear a short skirt as it can be hot, dusty work and get her to reach up and put stuff up high.
Perhaps get her to use a step ladder or such.
Then takes some photo's of her doing it correctly for OHS&W reasons and share with us...

Last edited by BENT_8; 10-03-2017 at 07:42 PM.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2017, 08:04 PM   #14
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

gumtree for some racks or benches?? and those plastic tubs with wheels are tip top for stashing stuff

keep relevant stuff for relevant topics - wiring stuff, servicing stuff, rags etc in separate tubs

have fun
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2017, 08:18 PM   #15
.:4:.
Kicking back

Roller tubs are handy, the other cheap option is bunnings 90 degree brackets screwed to the studs and matching width wood sheets as shelves. Function over form. If there is an a frame structure to support the roof, provided the spacing is not too great, boards up there work too. I have a chip board storage area in the roof of the converted 1.5 long 2.5 wide granny flat I rent out and it has been useful to my boarder.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2017, 08:45 PM   #16
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I’d spend less time on the internet and save your money in doing so for your personal issues!!!

It’s a win win for everyone all round, you get money for your big dramas and we get freedom from your useless threads.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2017, 10:01 PM   #17
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
I’d spend less time on the internet and save your money in doing so for your personal issues!!!

It’s a win win for everyone all round, you get money for your big dramas and we get freedom from your useless threads.
wo wo wo bro

mbe we all ain't quite on the same page of life??
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2017, 10:50 PM   #18
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get a second job at maccas to save to make your shed look better.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2017, 08:23 AM   #19
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
gumtree for some racks or benches?? and those plastic tubs with wheels are tip top for stashing stuff

keep relevant stuff for relevant topics - wiring stuff, servicing stuff, rags etc in separate tubs

have fun
Geez mate, you can type English when you try...

Good advice though...

BTW, tough crowd here, give the guy a break eh...
Old 12-03-2017, 12:17 AM   #20
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post

BTW, tough crowd here, give the guy a break eh...
It just seems like we are being trolled, I taste the distinct flavour of a Hulk.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:24 AM   #21
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossy View Post
It just seems like we are being trolled, I taste the distinct flavour of a Hulk.
Fair enough, but things aren't always what they seem.
5 users like this post:
Old 14-03-2017, 05:30 PM   #22
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post

have fun
Good advice...

As mentioned a good clean out...that should not cost a much other than hard Yakka.

Maybe get a couple of 4 litre tins of paint if money permits, that goes a long way in making things habitable.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post