Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 16-08-2006, 11:21 PM   #1
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 2006 NKG Rally of Melbourne

The Beast is set to be unleashed on the wild roads of the Yarra Valley from 22-24 September. A challenge where only the toughest will survive, taming the beast of ‘the Valley’ is the ultimate test of speed, courage, commitment and skill. Who will lose the trail and who will rise to glory? With double points and a championship the prize, the hunt for the beast will be a fight to the end. Over 16 Special Stages through two gruelling days, drivers go head-to-head in a fight to for the 2006 NGK Rally of Melbourne, the final round of the NEC Australian Rally Championship, and ultimately ‘tame the beast.’

Yes people it is on again, more people the better to cheer Micheal Guest and his 202kW 2.3L Ford Focus thoughout the rally.

Date:

22nd-24th September

Tickets:

2 day pass: $29.15 - $34.15
Saturday Pass: $19.15 - $24.15
Sunday Pass: $19.15 - $24.15
Sunday Pass De Bortoli Stage: $14.15 - $19.15

Let's get a list of who wants to come and we can organise meeting times and locations closer to the date.

1. FOCUSonTHIS
2. zetec

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 11:24 PM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Zetec officially signing in! NOT to be missed, this was my first Rally experience and cemented what will be a very long life of following Rallies!! It has to be seen to be believed, it's really awesome stuff.

Might I also add to that list Fast Eddie.

1. FOCUSonTHIS
2. zetec
3. Fast Eddie

So far all LR Foci...
Old 18-08-2006, 05:20 PM   #3
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

This will be my 3rd experience of Rallying and I'm really looking forward to coming down to Victoria. Will be purchasing my tickets next week and have been in contact with Rally of Melbourne organisers so I hope it'll be as good if not better than our (ZETEC and I) experiences of Rally of Bathurst and (FOCUSonTHIS, ZETEC and I) had at the Rally of Canberra.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2006, 10:36 PM   #4
OZXR4
formally ozmondeo

yeah i should be a go for me i will let you know closer to the date.
Old 28-08-2006, 06:23 PM   #5
JD2004

Funnily enough i traveled over this course today... yes in the little fez... and to let you all know it was one hell of an awesome drive... although nothing compared to a rally car... i was im a fantasy land whilst cruiseing down through the trees.. the road is now closed untill the 25th september... but i would love to get into the dirt again in the fez if anyone is keen on killing a car your welcome to join me after the 25th september

Luke
Old 05-09-2006, 10:12 PM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Come on guys!!! Anyone attending? This is the best possible way to get close to motorsport, closer to cars than any other racing and even able to walk up and touch the cars in the pits. It's a true grass-roots sport, heaps of noise, great sideways action and a screaming 200kw RWD Focus only makes it even more exciting!!! Anyone who has never been to a Rally doesn't know what they're missing out on, once you go you'll never miss another one!!
Old 05-09-2006, 10:54 PM   #7
photn
AFF Post NAZI

id come but im in sydney......

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2006, 02:25 PM   #8
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I'm in Sydney and I'm going!

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:55 PM   #9
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Road trip melbourne
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2006, 07:08 PM   #10
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Right.

Adam, Eddie and myself are definitely going to the Rally. At this stage, the plans are to go to New Quay on the Friday night with all 3 of us to see the launch of the Rally. I am also planning on bringing 2 of my non-club mates.

From there, at this stage the plans aren't so certain, all I know is that we'll all be there for both days. We have to organise a meeting place if we want more people to attend and make this a club event, although given the **** poor efforts of most member down here, I'm honestly not expecting much if anything regarding a club turn out. Half the reason I haven't done much lately is becuase most of the time I hang out at Adam's place we get more cars turning up than we do at the meets we try to organise on weekends...

Sorry for the brutal honesty there. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you are keen to come along, let us know. We would love to use the weekend just to enjoy seeing a flying 200kw Focus screaming through the forest, let alone all the other cars. We will be based at the service park on the Saturday and drive out to the forest stages to view the action from the Spectator points.

Sunday will see us at the De Bortoli winery in the Yarra Valley for the whole day, watching the cars scream around the vineyards, something not to be missed and if you can only make on day, make it the Sunday.

Cost is about $30 for the WHOLE weekend access ALL areas. Tickets available from Ticketek from memory.

Saturday night we're planning to go out to dinner together at this stage. Maybe we can all go to Teplestowe to visit Danny if he's working (which he shouldn't be!!) or else just a casual dinner somewhere.

Confirmed attendance as follows:

Zetec
Focusonthis
Fast Eddie
Ozmondeo (to be confirmed)

Let's make this an opportunity to catch up and get the club going again down here in Vic!!!

Matt signing out.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:22 PM   #11
zetec
Zoom Zoom

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2&q=ford+focus

Here's a little teaser to get you all interested!!!
Old 11-09-2006, 02:53 PM   #12
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Have you got my p.m. Matt?

BTW I thought of bringing a friend of mine along and her name is Germaine!!

Old 11-09-2006, 11:36 PM   #13
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Yeah mate, will reply ASAP, my apologies. I read it at the start of the weekend and then did nothing constructive for 2 days. Stay tuned!
Old 13-09-2006, 12:36 PM   #14
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

You guys won't be seeing Micheal Guest there, in the drivers seat anyway - but the Pirtek Focus will be there with a different driver.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...988#post945988

Timmeh
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2006, 05:04 PM   #15
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Yeah Timmeh,

I just found out via the A.R.C. Website that Michael's Road Licence has been suspended and that Rick Bates is subbying for him. I think I've met Rick somewhere along the way and he's a really nice bloke and hopefully will do a great job.

Old 19-09-2006, 10:14 PM   #16
JD2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Saturday night we're planning to go out to dinner together at this stage. Maybe we can all go to Teplestowe to visit Danny if he's working (which he shouldn't be!!) or else just a casual dinner somewhere.

Let's make this an opportunity to catch up and get the club going again down here in Vic!!!

Matt signing out.
I would love to be a part of this catch up.. unfortunately i cannot make the rally itself due to personal reasons.. but would be awesome to catch up with everyone for a yarn on saturday..

Let me know people - my phone number is on my details page.

Luke.
Old 24-09-2006, 12:33 AM   #17
zetec
Zoom Zoom

VIDEOS!!!

Pirtek Team RS Focus at Don Road

Pirtek Team RS Focus at Marysville
Old 24-09-2006, 01:16 AM   #18
zetec
Zoom Zoom

And more...

Pirtek Team RS Focus - Healesville

Pirtek Team RS - Yarra Glen Service Park
Old 24-09-2006, 01:44 AM   #19
whippet_zetec
Supes

nice work Matt...great vids, the rally focus sounds like a beast!
Old 24-09-2006, 01:48 AM   #20
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

i might go tomorrow - i lived in yarra glen for 22 years but never went to the rally ;p
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2006, 02:13 AM   #21
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Tomorrow they'll be at De Bortoli winery most of the day, but based in the Service park mid morning in Yarra Glen. Well worth a look!
Old 25-09-2006, 10:34 PM   #22
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well what can I say, great rally except for the rain and wind on Sunday. Just like I would have expected no one turned up to our organised events. I'm going to organise one more event then I'm giving up because it isn't worth my time and effort for organising events that only 2 people come too.

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
Old 25-09-2006, 10:36 PM   #23
zetec
Zoom Zoom

You can be sure of one thing.

I'll be there.
Old 25-09-2006, 10:36 PM   #24
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know that, Danny as well. Also can count on Eddie to come if he is down from Sydney

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
Old 29-09-2006, 03:35 PM   #25
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

I haven't been able to see the video footage yet. I'll keep on trying though. But my sincere thanks to ZETEC and FOCUSonTHIS for making it such a great weekend out at the Rally. Glad I travelled down.

Also enjoyed the SWANS match out at the pub. My hearing is slowing coming back to normal. It was BLOODY noisy!!!

BTW ZETEC sent my hat up yet??

Old 29-09-2006, 03:42 PM   #26
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

P.S. The "Red Cordial Award" goes to ZETEC and Mother says "looks older in his uniform" and "isn't that FOCUSonTHIS a nice boy". I'm having a long talk with her to set her straight.

Old 03-10-2006, 01:08 PM   #27
raynman
Starter Motor

Hey guys,

Did anyone manage to get an video of any other cars at ROM. We were in Car 21, the white/burgundy Subaru Legacy RS that would have been somewhere between 1st car and 3 cars behind the focus.

BTW - how good does the focus sound?

Thanks

Matt
raynman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2006, 02:20 PM   #28
zetec
Zoom Zoom

I have one video, not the best but I'm pretty sure it's your car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgbU1MxMNFE
Old 03-10-2006, 03:08 PM   #29
raynman
Starter Motor

Thanks for that - I have a mate who was standing about 10ft behind you so I have a copy of that corner.

thanks heaps though

Matt
raynman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post