Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 23-01-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Default ABS/Brake/Battery Warning Lights

Well, after a trouble-free run in my '03 LR the ABS, Brake and Battery warning lights came on all at the same time. Needless to say I am taking it in first this tomorrow but can anybody suggest ideas of what may have happened to make them light up? If there's a thread on the topic I'd appreciate a link.

Eddie.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 12:49 AM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Sounds like the old battery may be on the way out mate, unless it has already been changed.
Old 24-01-2008, 12:05 PM   #3
photn
AFF Post NAZI

my brake light has a mind of its own and deciedes to come on whenever it feels like or flicker and what not.

im assuming its a fualty or loose wire.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2008, 08:17 PM   #4
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Well guys, I'd had every intention of driving it to the Dealer first thing this morning but "Old Gerry" barely cracked over and the warning lights were still showing. It didn't cost anything to have it taken on the back of a tilt-try and after being at the Dealer's most of today and I can tell you that they concluded that the Starter Motor had *%$@ itself and it had also drained the battery. As to why the ABS and Brake Warning lights had come on, that's still a mystery and not just the Battery warning light. I'm surprised though that a Starter Motor should only last 60k.

But the way the car drives is so much better. I'd suspected that something was "amiss" as it really wasn't driving as smoothly as "I" expected it should and now all those little idosyncrasies have now disappeared.

So, after lightening my pocket, she's all ready for the drive to Melbourne. BTW a OE Starter Motor costs an absolute bomb though!!!!!

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post