Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 02-03-2006, 02:36 PM   #1
blueprint74
Starter Motor

Default interested in aps-phase III opinion needed

G'day fellow ford people,
I have a XR6t with aps-phaseII and is interested in phase III. Is there anyone out there with the phase III kit installed??. Wanting to know any problems and particularly any other modifications require with the phase III kits, such as shift kit, valve body modification etc.. Advice greatly appreciated.

blueprint74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 07:57 PM   #2
phoon
BOLLOCKS

You will need to change the actuator if you havent already done so,although from memory Stage 3 comes with that and it doesnt matter what anybody tells you, at a minimum, upgrade the valve springs, dont skimp on the important bits cause you will pay dearly later on. Depending on what sort of rwkw you are looking for, will depend on what else you really need to do. Some installers will tell you, you only need certain bits or no extra bits and then later on you will have to spend more anyway, or worse, cause internal damage. As I said, depending on what sort of rwkw you are chasing, you may need a surge tank, con rods may need to be upgraded as well cause they are a weak link. Best of luck with the upgrade.

Cheers

Jeff
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 09:05 PM   #3
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Hey Phoon you know your stuff, Tori and Lynton have kinda converted me into 8's and im scared to lower my standards out: : :gren: .....can you take me for a spin in your whoooop *** Typhoon?

Ill get a APS kit when i find my Phamtom XR6 Turbo.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:06 PM   #4
phoon
BOLLOCKS

No probs Drew, happy to take you for a spin. If you want to know how the phoon goes, ask Lynton or Tori, as you know they came for a spin on the last cruise.

Cheers

Jeff
Old 02-03-2006, 10:19 PM   #5
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Well Jeff's phoon is a monster - it literally threw me back into the seat and I had to hold onto my hair because it was getting messed up real bad and you just can't mess with my hair :

Seriously though both Lynton and I have a new found appreciation of the F6. Phoons car is the business and I couldn't have been more surprised or impressed.

Now that is the second F6 I have been in and loved... now to get my hands on a modded F6 to take for a spin.... Tony are you reading this???!!! _2:
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 10:22 PM   #6
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope Pitstop
Well Jeff's phoon is a monster - it literally threw me back into the seat and I had to hold onto my hair because it was getting messed up real bad and you just can't mess with my hair :

Seriously though both Lynton and I have a new found appreciation of the F6. Phoons car is the business and I couldn't have been more surprised or impressed.

Now that is the second F6 I have been in and loved... now to get my hands on a modded F6 to take for a spin.... Tony are you reading this???!!! _2:

I tell you what.....Seeing as you are running out of space to keep cars, Ill take the GT and that will make way for the Royal F6! sounds like a deal to me
Old 02-03-2006, 10:39 PM   #7
Matt P
No Boundries

Hi all

Blueprint having worked on a phase 3 at work the standard auto lasted 8000km before 2nd and 4th gear failure. The customer then had the box rebuilt with carbon fibre clutch packs still going strong a year and a half down the track but the shift is a neck breaker. You cant beat the power though drive along in drive at 100km/h and mash the throttle it jumps back to second and frys the rear tyres. This is a ute though so a little lighter in the rear and dont bother taking it out in the rain.
Matt P is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 10:57 AM   #8
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Drew, the phoons are a sweet ride, but I must say so are the xr8's and GT's. In all seriousness, if you are looking at another car, go with what you really have your heart set on. If it's an 8, you cant really go wrong mate. Each car, be it a 6 or an 8 will have certain things you will love about it. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Cheers

Jeff