Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 11-03-2008, 03:36 PM   #31
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

I have seen one let go. Looked like chernobyl.

Chain through rocker cover, etc.

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 03:42 PM   #32
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Car already booked into Ford tomorrow.

Thanks guys.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 04:07 PM   #33
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been following this topic with some interest. I have a 2003 GTP so warranty finished in September 2006. The car is stored and only driven every 3 months or so and only has 9000k's up. Late last year I heard the rattle on startup and without doubt it is the timing chain tensioners.

I'll be back in Sydney in a couple of weeks and was thinking of talking to the dealer, Sinclair Ford, to see, given the low mileage and the fact the car is well looked after, if maybe they will supply the parts and I pay for the labour.

On the other hand, Autotech (spelling?) have been recommended to do this job and I will most likely get the oil pump gears done at the same time.

To me, that noise on startup, which doesn't last long and doesn't happen every time either, is not right.

Any comments would be appreciated, try the dealer or go to Autotech?

Cheers
GTP534 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #34
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534
I've been following this topic with some interest. I have a 2003 GTP so warranty finished in September 2006. The car is stored and only driven every 3 months or so and only has 9000k's up. Late last year I heard the rattle on startup and without doubt it is the timing chain tensioners.

I'll be back in Sydney in a couple of weeks and was thinking of talking to the dealer, Sinclair Ford, to see, given the low mileage and the fact the car is well looked after, if maybe they will supply the parts and I pay for the labour.

On the other hand, Autotech (spelling?) have been recommended to do this job and I will most likely get the oil pump gears done at the same time.

To me, that noise on startup, which doesn't last long and doesn't happen every time either, is not right.

Any comments would be appreciated, try the dealer or go to Autotech?

Cheers
Being so far out of warranty, you will struggle to get any help from the dealer or Ford.

If you are planning on using/fitting the Oil Pump gears, go with Autotech.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 04:35 PM   #35
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260

Thanks guys.
Sam

Correct me if this wrong, you still have warrenty, you don't have the start up noise and you have thicker than recommended oil in the engine.

If this is correct, and you don't have the noise, don't over react in a panic, get the oil changed to the 0 w ?? edge, the noise may start with the thiner oil and then it will be no problem getting it all done under warrenty.
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
EASYBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #36
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:

Thanks guys.
Sam

Correct me if this wrong, you still have warrenty, you don't have the start up noise and you have thicker than recommended oil in the engine.

If this is correct, and you don't have the noise, don't over react in a panic, get the oil changed to the 0 w ?? edge, the noise may start with the thiner oil and then it will be no problem getting it all done under warrenty.

Speaking from experience
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:58 PM   #37
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL351
Being so far out of warranty, you will struggle to get any help from the dealer or Ford.

If you are planning on using/fitting the Oil Pump gears, go with Autotech.
Yep, bit of a long shot I admit. Still, nothing ventured nothing gained.

If the dealer says no, it's no big deal, and won't change my opinion of the dealer as I have been very happy with Sinclair Ford with the car serviced there since new.
GTP534 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 04:59 PM   #38
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Well when I explained what I wanted done, the woman technical / service advisor just looked at me, and said "I've never heard of this" and got the Service Manager out. I explained it to him and that I simply wanted them changed. He asked if it was making the noise on cold startup, to which I replied no, not as yet. He just told the girl to write up that it was making a noise and they will change them and that he'll need the car for around 2 days.

So I am assuming that they will change them no questions asked. I have brought my XR6 when I had it there, and they were pretty good with warranty work, no questions asked at all.

So lets just wait and see what happens.....
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 05:32 PM   #39
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Well when I explained what I wanted done, the woman technical / service advisor just looked at me, and said "I've never heard of this" and got the Service Manager out.
Common. Front of house does not always get told about what is happening out back.
Most times, with recalls, they find out when 100 people book in for the same thing at once.

Quote:
I explained it to him and that I simply wanted them changed. He asked if it was making the noise on cold startup, to which I replied no, not as yet. He just told the girl to write up that it was making a noise and they will change them and that he'll need the car for around 2 days.
Smart man. He has dealt with Ford warranty before.

If they were to write on the Job, replace at customer's request, Ford would knock back the claim.

Quote:
So I am assuming that they will change them no questions asked. I have brought my XR6 when I had it there, and they were pretty good with warranty work, no questions asked at all.

So lets just wait and see what happens.....
They will replace them only if they are the old type.

If they crack the cover and find the updated ones, they will not touch them.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2008, 05:44 PM   #40
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Bouncing between to threads on this on SAM

Sounds like you have a good service dealer, although its not a two day job, most likely they don't have the kit in stock, whick also includes new guides, if they crack the cover and find the old ones, they will then do the warrenty thing to Ford and order the kit

Old 11-03-2008, 10:09 PM   #41
gtfpv
GT

guys , to all who are reluctant i will give you an update,
full performance and power has returned, and i dont have to worry about , something that would've eventually broke, and atleast needed changing , at best.
O'RINGS fail , and are a wearing part, and believe me , this should not be a maintenance issue. GET THEM CHNGED,
SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO TAKE THE RISK , OR PAY, OR DO THEM YOURSELF.
if it's free , get it done !!!!!

ultimately , get the billet gears fitted also. however, ford wont do it. it is not reccomended by them , ad they will not back up thier work when fitting thse parts, therefore they wont do it .
so if you want them , and are prepared to pay for them , go aftermarket.

the car had to be returned today, now out of warranty, it had a fuel injector leak. inconveniance but ford/dealer fixed it in 2 hours, and also supplied a courtesy car so my wife could pick up the kids . while i worked back/ still paying for the farquing GT, whilst driving the EL FUTURA.
ohhh well , at least i fget to dring beer and polish it after she does with the all metal polish, ( because the cars made of metal. ) when i conme back i'm coming back as a blue eyed blond with a snatch and marrying a guy like me.
better get back on topic. alls good . all i need to do now is get ready for bed, and take some panadol for her ( to give to me after i get a knock back . )
ahhh , forget it , i'll have a beer instead.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2008, 09:52 PM   #42
gtfpv
GT

car must have been reflashed by dealer, even though they denigh it.
reason being ,the performance is the same as before, ( the timing chain tensioiners were changed) . it took a few days to get back to itself , performance wise, it was an old hag at 1st.
the differance is though, the economy has gone worse. from 15.7/100 to 16.2/100 around town . around home is ghastly.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2008, 11:38 PM   #43
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
car must have been reflashed by dealer, even though they denigh it.
reason being ,the performance is the same as before, ( the timing chain tensioiners were changed) . it took a few days to get back to itself , performance wise, it was an old hag at 1st.
the differance is though, the economy has gone worse. from 15.7/100 to 16.2/100 around town . around home is ghastly.

Told ya dude the Dealer talk porky pies mate...

The reason for the fuel economy may be down to the revised tune they have put in since the previous flash, mate if want economy and a little more power get a custom tune......

Cheers Chris
Old 30-03-2008, 12:24 PM   #44
nt0351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL351
You don't know about the 5.4's do you? All the top grade oil in the world would not stop a BA 5.4 from making the tick noise on start up.
The new upgraded tensioners however... does.

D
no mate i wouldnt have a clue !!

i can only go from my experience , my 03 BA XR8 ute has 60,000 klms gets a constant thrashing and doesnt get driven for weeks on end ,.. NEVER a noice ,..... explain why that is ???

ill tell you....

the difference here is i put the good stuff in ,...not what the dipsticks at the dealership recommend ,...
nt0351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post