Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 29-10-2009, 04:00 AM   #541
CHiMPY
Starter Motor

I sit here patiently waiting for my 5 door sea grey zetec to show up.

I better not have to wait 8 weeks!!
CHiMPY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2009, 12:21 PM   #542
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You might have too if your not lucky... My wait was nearly 13 weeks
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #543
Omgshane
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetecBird
Hi everyone, picked up my Zetec (frozen white) today. Waited 8 weeks, sailed into Brisbane Sunday, was ready for pickup today. Just love it. :
my white zetec must have arrived on the same boat as yours, no word from my dealer yet tho :( cant wait to get it
Omgshane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #544
StormyKnight
'09 Vision 5 Dr Man Zetec

My Wife pickup the Zetec today & I got to drive it at lunchtime.....I love the Vision colour. Most other cars on the road are bland!

Cheers, PS I will post some photos over the weekend..the cars already got a long list of duties till then..

23km on the clock, after lunch it was 29!....& also it showed 20L/100km.....understandable I guess as the average speed was 11km/h!

Cheers
StormyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2009, 08:14 PM   #545
CHiMPY
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
You might have too if your not lucky... My wait was nearly 13 weeks
Spoke with the dealer today. The ship is due to arrive in dock second half of november so it looks like it will be closer to 8 weeks than the 4 they originally told me.
Old 29-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #546
StormyKnight

CHiMPY - Have you asked your dealer to "look around" for an alternative? Thats how I got mine so quick....perhaps there is one already here but not sold yet?
Old 29-10-2009, 09:47 PM   #547
CHiMPY
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyKnight
CHiMPY - Have you asked your dealer to "look around" for an alternative? Thats how I got mine so quick....perhaps there is one already here but not sold yet?
Yeah. That was the first thing I asked him to do.
There was supposed to be one at another dealer, but between the time I spoke to him on the phone and the time I signed the paperwork that one was no longer an option.
Old 29-10-2009, 10:03 PM   #548
anonamouse
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHiMPY
Yeah. That was the first thing I asked him to do.
There was supposed to be one at another dealer, but between the time I spoke to him on the phone and the time I signed the paperwork that one was no longer an option.
Ordered one 6 weeks ago and I put an end date on the contract (which is tomorrow). Picking up a Zetec in Squeeze tomorrow arvo, it came off a boat on Sunday Morning. Originally I was told the earliest would be late Nov/ early Dec; when I said the Mazda3 looks nice and is more available there was another look. And within a day they said they had swapped one on a ship with another dealer.
anonamouse is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2009, 11:42 PM   #549
StormyKnight

To be honest if we had to wait till Feb we probabbly would have but not by signing an order....our only issue is the extra fuel the 4WD would have used in that period & its resultant depreciation due to 10,000 extra km was a real worry.....we would have spent close to $800 in fuel by then over the same k's without the Fiesta....
Old 30-10-2009, 12:51 AM   #550
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My Wife was driving a Jeep 100 km a day to her new job, that's why she has the Fiesta (that and the fact her Jeep broke down and she was driving my 5 litre Commodore that's striped out, loud, has big headers cooking away under the non insulated floor and has the airconditioner removed to save weight ). She really wasn't happy drving that during the heatwave last Feb
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #551
Zetec-4-Me
Finally have my Zetec!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omgshane
my white zetec must have arrived on the same boat as yours, no word from my dealer yet tho :( cant wait to get it
A lot of us Brissie Fiesta-owners-to-be must be getting their Fez's over the next few days as I picked mine up yesterday .... finally! I must say though that it was WELL worth the 8 week wait as my Zetec in Vision looks absolutely stunning

Only problem now though is that I have to remember that I am driving a manual, after 13 years with an auto I kept forgetting to put my foot on the clutch when I started the car and had a near-miss with a wall : hehehe
Zetec-4-Me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 10:14 AM   #552
Zetec-4-Me
Finally have my Zetec!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
StormyKnight and everyone else that's new to these Fiesta's I'd just like to make a note. With the fold down seats and the lack of lighting in the car it's very easy to catch the rear seat belts in the latches at the back of the seats when folding them back up, in fact if they are loose then it's 100% for sure they will catch. We didn't realised there was little holes in the plastic at the back are for cliping the belts in to stop them getting smashed and as a result both rear belts are stuffed and they are expensive too :!). But if my pain and experience from this can stop you from making the same mistake then that's something . The car is totally Form over Function in a few areas and that's one of them
Thank you for pointing this out Greenfoam - my demo of the WS was with a different dealer than the one I bought the car from and he showed me nothing - he didn't even know what the perimeter alarm was!!! I had a look at the little clip that the belt sits into and (although I rarely fold the seats down) I now know how to fold the seats down safely ;-)
Old 30-10-2009, 10:21 AM   #553
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec-4-Me
A lot of us Brissie Fiesta-owners-to-be must be getting their Fez's over the next few days as I picked mine up yesterday .... finally! I must say though that it was WELL worth the 8 week wait as my Zetec in Vision looks absolutely stunning

Only problem now though is that I have to remember that I am driving a manual, after 13 years with an auto I kept forgetting to put my foot on the clutch when I started the car and had a near-miss with a wall : hehehe
Great to see you guys finally getting your cars. I hope the waiting times have come down a bit since the early days....at least you all seem very happy with the final product. I look forward to see more Fiesta's in brisbane :

Credit to greenfoam for his assistance to all you blokes too RE the new Fiesta. You can't always rely on Ford dealers as we all know.... I am learning alot myself just as a casual observer LOL.

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 12:45 PM   #554
Nichol

I'm in NSW and have been looking for a decent price for an auto zetec. i've been offered the price of $23,990 - brand new, no km's.
Just wondering what everyone else paid for an auto zetec.
Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #555
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichol
I'm in NSW and have been looking for a decent price for an auto zetec. i've been offered the price of $23,990 - brand new, no km's.
Paid 23,800 for my manual Zetec
Old 30-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #556
Zetec-4-Me
Finally have my Zetec!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichol
I got my manual 5door zetec for $22,000 so if you add on the extra for auto it sounds like a good price
Old 30-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #557
StormyKnight

$23,700 on road with front mudspats!
5 door zetec manual vision
Old 30-10-2009, 11:16 PM   #558
BruceT

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyKnight
$23,700 on road with front mudspats!
5 door zetec manual vision

Stormy Knight:
So there is NO problem fitting mudspats to the WS Zetec.

The Ford site says mud guards or "mudspats" as Ford call them are not available for the Fiesta Zetec: :
http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Conte...=FOA&c=DFYPage
Shame they don't have a picture:
http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Conte...=1137384494373
After doing some driving on muddy roads I want them to reduce the cleaning effort!

- Jeremy Clarkson on the WS Fiesta Zetec

Last edited by BruceT; 30-10-2009 at 11:24 PM.
BruceT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #559
StormyKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceT
Stormy Knight:
So there is NO problem fitting mudspats to the WS Zetec.

The Ford site says mud guards or "mudspats" as Ford call them are not available for the Fiesta Zetec: :
http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Conte...=FOA&c=DFYPage
Shame they don't have a picture:
http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Conte...=1137384494373
After doing some driving on muddy roads I want them to reduce the cleaning effort!
Front Only.....& yes the brochure has a "-" next to mudspats for the zetec, but they are on our new car! The odd thing is we didn't really ask for them, but were advised they will be free! So we said OK as we do the occasional dirt road.
Old 31-10-2009, 10:32 AM   #560
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They could be giving the front mud spats feee now thanks to that little issue with five door Fiestas where the paint gets chipped on the bottom rear door.

As previously outlined, the mud spats with fit the five door Zetec, well the front anyway as it lacks the 3 doors side skirts. They will not however connect to the back, thanks to the body kit here. Although there must be a way as it's only a small lip on the back bumper? No mud spats for my Zetec 3 door
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2009, 04:58 PM   #561
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cheaper than having to repaint it it seems
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2009, 08:29 PM   #562
StormyKnight

I think they are only $45 a pair + fitting anyway....
Old 01-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #563
InTrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec-4-Me
I got my manual 5door zetec for $22,000 so if you add on the extra for auto it sounds like a good price
Bargain... was that on-road for $22k?
If so, do you mind advising which dealer?
Old 01-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #564
BruceT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
They could be giving the front mud spats feee now thanks to that little issue with five door Fiestas where the paint gets chipped on the bottom rear door.

As previously outlined, the mud spats with fit the five door Zetec, well the front anyway as it lacks the 3 doors side skirts. They will not however connect to the back, thanks to the body kit here. Although there must be a way as it's only a small lip on the back bumper? No mud spats for my Zetec 3 door
Unfortunately the stones that hit the rear wheel arch in the rear door aperture will fly under the mudspats unless the mudspats go within 4 cm of the ground. Or unless they are occurring at very low car speeds - less than 20 km/hr.

I'll find my earlier calculations and bring them to the head of the list.

Stormy, how close are the mudspats to the ground?

And yes I do have one small paint chip in that area myself after visiting my parents in Bega. My personal interest in mudspats is reducing the cleaning up required further forward.

- Jeremy Clarkson on the WS Fiesta Zetec
BruceT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2009, 11:04 PM   #565
Zetec-4-Me
Finally have my Zetec!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTrail
Bargain... was that on-road for $22k?
If so, do you mind advising which dealer?
It was onroad for $22K but I had a trade which probably helped with getting this so low! It was by FAR better than the first dealer I went to - they wanted to offer me $5,000 for my 5yr old Accent and "offered" me the Zetec at $25K - making a $20K changeover. I was happy to go with that (I just wanted my new car lol) until a friend told me to shop around. I got mine from Bremer Ford (Ipswich) and got $6,000 for the Accent so a changeover of $16,000 was MUCH better than $20,000 at the first dealer.

Let's just say that I rewarded my friend with a shopping spree for making me look at other dealers
Old 01-11-2009, 11:23 PM   #566
Zetec-4-Me
Finally have my Zetec!

I LOVE my car - I've been making excuses to go out (the kids are loving going out all the time lol). I'm really surprised at how comfortable it is to drive and it really doesn't feel like a small hatch, it has the feel of a much larger car. The Fiesta is smaller in size to my last car (Hyundai Accent) but feels MUCH bigger

I'm so so happy lol
Old 02-11-2009, 12:04 AM   #567
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They are great, I'm amazed at how well put together they are. They feel quite solid inside, and the inside is so easy to clean. Glad you like it Zetec-4-Me, hopefully your Ford experience is great!
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2009, 06:11 PM   #568
CHiMPY
Starter Motor

got a call from my dealer.. seems he manage to grab a car from the shipment that arrived in brisbane recently.
I pickup my car on Friday afternoon.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:39 PM   #569
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

Anyone unhappy with their auto trans???
Ours is a pig and a half.
We have (supposedly) had the update flashed into it and it doesn't seem any different.
It gets lost when you slow down for speed obstacles. When you put your foot back on the accelerator it drops a gear and lurches. the shifts feel awful. Its driving me nuts and its not even my car.
And the rear seat squeak is unbearable.
Don't get me wrong I love the car overall but this trans is hopeless. I drive it in manual when I drive it so I can give it full throttle and load up the new engine as much as possible so it doesn't bother me too much but when my missus drives I fell like getting out and walking.
And don't even get me started on how it drives with the A/C on........

blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2009, 06:46 PM   #570
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont think ive seen any good reviews of the 1.4 Auto in terms of its mechanical prowess...

I wish we had the 1.6Tdi that europe has.
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post