Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-09-2009, 08:23 PM   #481
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec-4-Me

I put my deposit down today - YAY, can't wait - and in 8 weeks I will get my 5 Door Zetec in Vision!!!!
Awesome that you put your order in!!! :

Make sure you get your SSID and other info from the dealer before you believe their 8 week stories. They told us 6 weeks and that was in MAY!!!!

I got a hand from a couple of guys on the forum (cheers guys) who found out the info for us, about where the car was, its build date etc, because our dealer was absolutely hopeless!!!

Once you've sat in and looked at the Mazda 2 compared to the Fiesta, its a handsdown win!!!
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2009, 09:09 PM   #482
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What colour is your Zetec 3-Door Mike In OZ? I got a white one!!!
Old 07-09-2009, 10:43 PM   #483
Zetec-4-Me
Finally have my Zetec!

Thanks for that, GoesLikeAZetec, I'll get info when I go to the dealer in the next few days! I"ve heard a few stories about dealers "fibbing" about delivery dates etc - especially on some of the more popular colours. I must admit though that I would wait as long as it takes as I almost paid $4,000 more for the same car at a different dealer, it was only that a relative reminded me that she worked at a Ford dealer that I got such a great deal on this 1

So are you still waiting for your car - from May??? I'm patient but must admit that I don't think I could be that patient :(
Zetec-4-Me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2009, 10:48 PM   #484
BruceT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in OZ
Hi guys, just a quick question.
My Zetec has not got a 'zetec' boot badge - is this now the case or has it been 'missed' off?
It has air con, big tail spoiler, voice recognition, footwell lights.
how do you tell if the knee air bags are fitted?
Anything else I can check to ensure it is a zetec? used:
Some other obvious things:

Seven spoke (16") alloys on the standard Zetec.
USB port.
Airbag tag on the seat sides for head & thorax airbag.
Fog lamps
Wrap around front seats.
BruceT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2009, 11:05 PM   #485
Zetec-4-Me
Finally have my Zetec!

I think I'd be happy if mine arrives without a badge - it's usually the first thing I have taken off when I get a car lol Dunno about this car though, I might leave it on (if it has one that is _2: )
Old 07-09-2009, 11:16 PM   #486
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So are you still waiting for your car - from May??? I'm patient but must admit that I don't think I could be that patient :(
Yeah unfortunately we still are. But the boat carrying the car should be coming to Melbourne in the next day or two. So it should only be a week or two away now.

Oh and dont let them fob you off when you call. Because they will!!!

We are waiting for a 5 door vision too!!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:26 PM   #487
Zetec-4-Me
Finally have my Zetec!

That is way too long to wait for a car - it's lucky for Ford that it's such a great little car otherwise I could imagine that buyers would be going over to another manufacturer to get better service/supply! I want mine now already and I've only known I want one since late last week lol

My fingers are crossed that all goes well with you FINALLY getting your car, although I can imagine that once it hits OZ soil, the time will feel like it's crawling :(

Did you get any Options with the car or plan to make any mods to it when you get it?

Jo
Old 07-09-2009, 11:29 PM   #488
Zetec-4-Me
Finally have my Zetec!

Hahaha I agree Fi.ES.TA - Mazda2's seem to be every 3rd car on the road lately! I do still love them though but when I look at them next to a WS, they really don't compare anymore. I must be very fickle and taken by how shiny/pretty something is because up until last week I was 99.9% certain that I was going to buy the 2 - until a WS drove past me and changed my mind in an instant lol

Jo
Old 07-09-2009, 11:46 PM   #489
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Did you get any Options with the car or plan to make any mods to it when you get it?
We just got the illuminated gear knob, mats and extended factory warranty and window tint.

I want the Mountune mods when they become available. Taking 2 whole seconds off the 0 - 100kmh time sounds sensational to me!!!

Oh and some 18"s with some lowered shocks when they become available at a decent price

How about yourself?
Old 08-09-2009, 12:10 AM   #490
Zetec-4-Me
Finally have my Zetec!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
We just got the illuminated gear knob, mats and extended factory warranty and window tint.

I want the Mountune mods when they become available. Taking 2 whole seconds off the 0 - 100kmh time sounds sensational to me!!!

Oh and some 18"s with some lowered shocks when they become available at a decent price

How about yourself?
I liked the thought of the gearknob - would look good at night so got that but behaved myself and stopped there .... for now at least

The Mountune modifications sound good, I know they've had it available in the UK for quite a while (have you seen the other options they have on their Fiesta's too -- push-button start, auto door unlock etc? I want them here lol) but dunno if I would get it or not. Any idea on what the pricing is going to be on it? I know it was around 1,000GBP + fitting fees so around $2,000 - $3,000? I've always preferred aftermarket rims for some reason BUT I'm liking the Ford mags lately. I'm going to keep my eyes open after I get the car for new 'Zetec-suitable' ones

I have a local Tint-A-Car that I've had cars tinted before so I'm going to get that done straight away and get some seat covers as kids & cars don't always mix well lol

Jo
Old 08-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #491
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
What colour is your Zetec 3-Door Mike In OZ? I got a white one!!!
Hi Rapid T, I have it in Vision and have had the windows tinted, looks good. I will try and do some photos.
Mike in OZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #492
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceT
Some other obvious things:

Seven spoke (16") alloys on the standard Zetec.
USB port.
Airbag tag on the seat sides for head & thorax airbag.
Fog lamps
Wrap around front seats.
Hi Bruce T, It has the right alloys and USB port, fogs, etc so it must have just missed the badge (I hope I don't havbe a 'friday afternoon special' or even worse a monday morning one!)
Old 08-09-2009, 04:09 PM   #493
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in OZ
Hi Rapid T, I have it in Vision and have had the windows tinted, looks good. I will try and do some photos.
There's a beautiful Vision 3-Door on CarPoint right now. Had I been more open to paying an extra $2,500 for Vision (that's what one dealer wanted who had a 3-Door Vision in stock as he claimed it was in huge demand) then I too would have a blue one.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:53 PM   #494
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
There's a beautiful Vision 3-Door on CarPoint right now. Had I been more open to paying an extra $2,500 for Vision (that's what one dealer wanted who had a 3-Door Vision in stock as he claimed it was in huge demand) then I too would have a blue one.
I've had a look, very nice just like mine except it has a zetec badge on the back. However, the 5 door for sale in SA ($21310) does not have a zetec badge on the boot either - it might be a common omission or Zetecs are so popular they keep running out of badges?
Old 09-09-2009, 08:33 AM   #495
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Zetec-4-Me : did u just say that you would get seat covers? it is not a good idea, becuase the seats have airbags inside,so need to get a ford specalisit to install a special one tho.

I am currently on holidays, in Queensland, and I miss my car, my fiesta zetec is sitting on then drive away back at home in Canberra :(
Old 09-09-2009, 04:25 PM   #496
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hahaha I agree Fi.ES.TA - Mazda2's seem to be every 3rd car on the road lately! I do still love them though but when I look at them next to a WS, they really don't compare anymore. I must be very fickle and taken by how shiny/pretty something is because up until last week I was 99.9% certain that I was going to buy the 2 - until a WS drove past me and changed my mind in an instant lol

Jo
The Mazda two looks awesome (in green) but besides there being 5 million of them drivign around the interior looks pretty dodgy compared to the Fiesta and in fact the whole car does when you park beside one in the Fiesta. But against most other cars they do look great . I'm pretty funny because I was so anti small cars before. Now I drive the Fiesta at any possible chance and I'll be at the post office, get out and admire it like those freaks on the colourbond roof adds :P
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2009, 08:56 PM   #497
Zetec-4-Me
Finally have my Zetec!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
The Mazda two looks awesome (in green) but besides there being 5 million of them drivign around the interior looks pretty dodgy compared to the Fiesta and in fact the whole car does when you park beside one in the Fiesta.
I agree ;) They are one of the more popular small cars of recent times for sure - especially the green ones! I haven't had the pleasure of parking a Fiesta next to one (yet lol) but I know I compared them side-by-side on the 'net and the Fiesta looked SO much nicer I spoke to the dealer today and they say that my car will be here in 7 weeks!!! I'm counting down :-D
Old 09-09-2009, 08:59 PM   #498
BruceT

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
The Mazda two looks awesome (in green) but besides there being 5 million of them drivign around the interior looks pretty dodgy compared to the Fiesta and in fact the whole car does when you park beside one in the Fiesta. But against most other cars they do look great . I'm pretty funny because I was so anti small cars before. Now I drive the Fiesta at any possible chance and I'll be at the post office, get out and admire it like those freaks on the colourbond roof adds :P
I deliberately test drove the Mazda 2 before the Fiesta because all the reviewers say they are two two best small cars on the market in Australia.

I actually think the 2 looks better than the Fiesta, but that's about where it stops. The Fiesta has a nicer interior - I love the dash layout - and the Zetec has features not found on any "2" like cruise control, USB, voice recognition etc.

Then when you drive it the 2 is very competent & composed - impressive for a small car even. Clearly a good car. But after my first Zetec drive there was just NO comparison. The Jeremy Clarkson quote - the "rare combination" of a "Volkswagen feel of solidity, and a Lotus feel of sportiness". It's absolutely true. The Fiesta is a car I want to drive - even look forward to driving - not just a means of going from A to B.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:02 PM   #499
Zetec-4-Me
Finally have my Zetec!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JClarke_Fiesta
Zetec-4-Me : did u just say that you would get seat covers? it is not a good idea, becuase the seats have airbags inside,so need to get a ford specalisit to install a special one tho.
Thanks JClarke_Fiesta - I wasn't 100% certain if there were any in the seat or not! I have been looking at covers that are actually made for cars with airbags but will definitely be a lot more careful checking them out before buying now I'm off to the dealer tomorrow (to finish signing forms etc) so will ask them for recommendations etc ;)
Old 09-09-2009, 09:06 PM   #500
Zetec-4-Me
Finally have my Zetec!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceT
..... The Fiesta has a nicer interior - I love the dash layout - and the Zetec has features not found on any "2" like cruise control, USB, voice recognition etc.
The cruise control and USB had a huge impact on my final decision! It didn't sell the car to me as such (all the features on the Fiesta in general did that) but they swayed me from the others for sure From what I've seen looking around at similar sized and priced motors, the WS seems to be the only one offering c/control.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #501
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't ever use the cruise or voice (or air con, or usb/music/radio) and I still like it just because it's a good car to drive . If only it was a turbo 2 litre, with a more sensible diff ratio.... it would be perfect :p
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #502
InTrail

Quote:
From what I've seen looking around at similar sized and priced motors, the WS seems to be the only one offering c/control.

The only other small cars we found with cruise were the top spec Jazz, the VW Polo (can't remember which models), and the Fiat Punto.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #503
BruceT

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTrail
The only other small cars we found with cruise were the top spec Jazz, the VW Polo (can't remember which models), and the Fiat Punto.
I use cruise control whenever traffic conditions allow. It means I can avoid looking at the speedo and concentrate on driving. Other Zetec features help with this - voice activation, audio controls on the steering wheel.

drive.com.au enables you to do a comparison of new car models. I've tried to match the Zetec with the equivalent model, or at least the lowest model with cruise control. For example the Zetec has traction control, brake assist & stability control as standard, as well as: a rear window wiper, fog lights, door mirrors (do they mean power missrors?), speakers (?? see Polo), front readiong lights, ABS, a spare wheel (do they mean full size?). I have no idea what "roof airbag" is or "power loack includes trunk/hatch"

Zetec vs Jazz:
http://www.drive.com.au/buy/new/keyA...&searchString=

Zetec vs VW Polo 1.6 Pacific

Zetec vs Fiat Punto Dynamic DuaLogic

The Zetec seems to out feature them all for less (except for the Polo). The only one that makes sense as an alternative IS the Polo.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:04 PM   #504
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

Hi guys.
You can add my name to Zetec owners now>>>> Well at least my missus.
I bought it for her.
Ocean Zetec Auto (yeah I know I tried as hard as I could to change her mind).
Grouse car. Hope it doesnt have any issues.
Will keep ya posted as to the mods i will do over time.
Might make it a workshop development vehicle. After all it is under the business name.

Anything I should be looking for when taking delivery????
And also how much did you guys pay on road for the zetec auto's. I got about a grand knocked off and free moulded or premium mats.
I could of pushed for more or shopped around but I don't really have enough time to be dealing with new car salesman across Melbourne and then have them ringing me for weeks on end.

blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #505
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:
Thanks JClarke_Fiesta - I wasn't 100% certain if there were any in the seat or not! I have been looking at covers that are actually made for cars with airbags but will definitely be a lot more careful checking them out before buying now I'm off to the dealer tomorrow (to finish signing forms etc) so will ask them for recommendations etc ;)

No problem, your welcome!
Old 12-09-2009, 09:18 PM   #506
Zetec-4-Me
Finally have my Zetec!

I decided against seatcovers now - I've decided to threaten the kids instead .... NO food / NO drinks lol
Old 12-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #507
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you get an interior protection pack it might help if your kids ever spill something in the new festie
Old 12-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #508
Zetec-4-Me
Finally have my Zetec!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
if you get an interior protection pack it might help if your kids ever spill something in the new festie
I was thinking that I might do that as an aftermarket thing when I get my windows tinted (our local tinting place does protection services also) but wasn't sure which was the most economical way to go. I know that the tinting through Ford is almost 3 times more expensive than having it done elsewhere so thought maybe it was the same for the other services? Any ideas?
Old 12-09-2009, 11:46 PM   #509
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

Yep. thanks for your answers.

blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2009, 08:22 AM   #510
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:
I decided against seatcovers now - I've decided to threaten the kids instead .... NO food / NO drinks lol

same goes for mine, food is off-limits.