Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #391
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

Thanks Vision Z, that is quicker than what I thought.

It is so very annoying all this wait especially as I was not told about a long delivery time in the first place until after I signed - I will know better next time (don't assume anything!)
Mike in OZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 08:24 PM   #392
Zetec Dave

When I picked up the car a few days ago, I had a look at the manufacturing and compliance dates and manufacturing date was in April 2009 whilst compliance date was June 2009. Car was delivered to us last Friday 3/7/09. Hope the rest of you guys get your cars soon cause the wait is painful.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2009, 10:20 PM   #393
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnealo
Just spoke to my Ford Dealer. Ours apparently went on the ship on 19th June.
it
God knows when we'll see it. It didn't have a docking date on the system and she said it may not even update until it's docked!
It'll probably arrive late July. Should get arrival info within another week hopefully.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:16 AM   #394
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

Thanks Guy's.
msnealo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2009, 04:41 PM   #395
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Wooooooooooooo!!!

Mine is arriving at the dealership on Monday and will be ready on WEDNESDAY!!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 04:48 PM   #396
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

Great VZ, I am really pleased for you and I hope the days go quickley
Mike in OZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2009, 05:01 PM   #397
Desert Fiesta
Starter Motor

Two Zetecs arrived last week into the Alice and more are arriving within the next 2 months I am currently in the process of having my loan approved and hopefully driving out with my new Squeeze by monday. Gone for the squeeze as i have learn't that the desert dust and panther black don't go well together.
Desert Fiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2009, 05:27 PM   #398
Fiesta Girl

Quote:
Gone for the squeeze as i have learn't that the desert dust and panther black don't go well together.
......and "squeeze" looks fantastic on the Fiesta anyway. :>)
Fiesta Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2009, 06:05 PM   #399
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in OZ
Great VZ, I am really pleased for you and I hope the days go quickley
Me too!!

I've already got the paint protection (from my trusted source, not fords!) and my tint organised!
Old 10-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #400
curik

did anyone who ordered before the price rise ($20490, it become $20990 from march onwards) had to pay the extra when picked the car up??
curik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2009, 06:18 PM   #401
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by curik
did anyone who ordered before the price rise ($20490, it become $20990 from march onwards) had to pay the extra when picked the car up??
Actually i am kinda curious if anyone was asked to?
Fortunately I didn't have to. Phew :
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2009, 09:41 PM   #402
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Too funny.

Was coming home tonight in the Fiesta and we were saying how we still had not seen hardly any Festas on the road.

Come up to the lights just before home and ooops, a silver Zetec (bleh, although the panels all looked a perfect colour match) and a green one (non Zetec) pulled up along side.

Both red P platers too !
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2009, 09:44 PM   #403
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

We are multiplying!!
Old 27-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #404
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

3 more sleeps. :
Old 28-07-2009, 12:07 PM   #405
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman2
Too funny.

Was coming home tonight in the Fiesta and we were saying how we still had not seen hardly any Festas on the road.
Havn't had a change to take a photo of your rear passengers light yet have you? Still interested is seeing it (how it's installed etc) if that's not too hard? I'm wanting to install one in the back of mine. Cheers.
Old 30-07-2009, 09:00 AM   #406
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll take that as a no...
Old 30-07-2009, 04:22 PM   #407
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

Look at I've got.

Old 30-07-2009, 05:23 PM   #408
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

niiiiiiiiiiice, wanna swap rims? :P
Old 30-07-2009, 07:24 PM   #409
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep, that's it I NEED those 17 inch rims! NEED I tell you.

Sweet ride broseph.
Old 30-07-2009, 07:46 PM   #410
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

Love the car BUT!

Coming from a 200kw Kluger and a 140kw Accord Euro (both with 5 speed Auto's) this gearbox is archaic. :(

I knew this when I bought it (because after buying our last 4 cars it was my wife's turn to choose) so I'm not complaining but it just feels lacking.

Why Ford chose to give the auto a 1.4l I'll never know but I actually don't think it's the engine that's the let down rather it's the gearbox.

Coming out of corners in 2nd gear, it seems to long. So floor it to get things moving but when it drops back to first it only has about 1000rpm before it has to change up to 2nd. I guess it's something I'll get used to as I haven't driven a small car since my manual Barina GSi, and haven't ever owned a small automatic car.
Old 30-07-2009, 09:30 PM   #411
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Small car + auto = no fun

Sorry.
Old 30-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #412
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnealo
Love the car BUT!

Coming from a 200kw Kluger and a 140kw Accord Euro (both with 5 speed Auto's) this gearbox is archaic. :(

I knew this when I bought it (because after buying our last 4 cars it was my wife's turn to choose) so I'm not complaining but it just feels lacking.

Why Ford chose to give the auto a 1.4l I'll never know but I actually don't think it's the engine that's the let down rather it's the gearbox.

Coming out of corners in 2nd gear, it seems to long. So floor it to get things moving but when it drops back to first it only has about 1000rpm before it has to change up to 2nd. I guess it's something I'll get used to as I haven't driven a small car since my manual Barina GSi, and haven't ever owned a small automatic car.
99% odds-on that Europe didn't care for an auto and thuis didn't bother developing anything new. I hear that if you buy an auto in Europe, the government revokes your citizenzship.
Old 31-07-2009, 09:42 AM   #413
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You hit the nail on the head Zetec.

So unless Ford Australia wanted to re-develop the 1.6L to run an auto, there was only one option, the 1.4L (about 10% of Fiesta sales in Europe). But this new DSG 6-Speed is only two years away, and it will be AWESOME. Ford US is working on this right now, Ford Australia will be next in-line due to the intake of small auto cars here. Expec this around 2011/12 when the Fez gets a facelift. Add an ST (Finally) and the posibility of getting the B-Max (unconfirmed, but there is a business case from what I've herd) and the range will be complete...
Old 06-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #414
Ms_Jam

I now have been waiting some 16 weeks since ordering my 3-door Fiesta Zetec manual from a Melbourne dealer.

I was told originally to expect it at the end of June/early July, then the end of July/early August. Should I be concerned, or are there others who are waiting longer?

I have the order no. Is there anyone here who could check it out on Ford's system?
Ms_Jam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2009, 07:23 PM   #415
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd be more than concerned, I'd be pretty ****ed. There are plenty of Zetecs in Australia, not a whole heap of 3-doors but still more than the start of the year. I'd be very worried, that's absolutly aweful especially since supply has free'd up a lot.

Make a complaint to Ford Australia. What colour did you get?
Old 07-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #416
Pid
Starter Motor

One of my workmates is in the same situation, we ordered our cars within a week of each other in April, mine a 5 door, hers a 3, and mine was delivered end of June while she's still waiting. As it has been explained to me by a friend in the car industry the global financial crisis is to blame. The dealers can't get the finance to order on speculation, they have to have enough orders to warrant the finance for a shipment before the order is placed, the cars are then built based on the orders. NZ are offering the 5 door Zetec, only 3 Door and I believe that the 3 doors that were supposed to arrive when my 5 door arrived were sent to fill the NZ orders instead hence the delay in both build and delivery.
I'm not saying that's gospel but it's what I've been told. I doubt it makes you feel any better but hope it might help.
Pid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2009, 05:18 PM   #417
Ms_Jam

Well, I have just had a look at Ford's NZ website, and all they seem to be selling are 5-door models.

I have submitted a written complaint to Ford.

Fortunately where I work I am surrounded by an army of lawyers.
Ms_Jam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2009, 07:15 PM   #418
donkeykwong
Starter Motor

got the call a couple of weeks ago i have a hard date for the arrival of my 5 door manual vision fiesta zetec, should have arrived in melb on the 5th, and they said itd be ready for delivery by the 10-11th. i havent got the call yet and i need to get my bank needs to contact the dealer to get rego/vin details. SO HURRY UP FORD, JEEZ.
donkeykwong is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2009, 01:39 PM   #419
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's Zetecs on car yard lots all over the place now, there's no need to order one anymore, just go to a dealer that has stock
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2009, 09:07 AM   #420
oldsoftboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Jam
I now have been waiting some 16 weeks since ordering my 3-door Fiesta Zetec manual from a Melbourne dealer.

I was told originally to expect it at the end of June/early July, then the end of July/early August. Should I be concerned, or are there others who are waiting longer?

I have the order no. Is there anyone here who could check it out on Ford's system?
Know how you feel, but we took it one step further...

I could write a book (have been keeping a log) of the dramas we have been having. We ordered early May, told should be here in late July, early August.

We received a phone call from the dealer after enquiring as to the where-abouts of the car and was told it wont be here until October !! After a few "discussions" with our dealer we told them to stick it, got our deposit back and now looking at a Toyota.

I sorta felt for the dealer as I thought the delivery was out of there hands, but reading that there are zetecs in stock in the capital cities, I'm glad we took that line.

Another sale lost Ford.
oldsoftboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post