Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 25-05-2009, 10:40 PM   #271
Zetec Dave

LOL I think he sales guy initially only wanted to make a quick phone call to update you guys on it but then your wife gives him a long lecture about how the cars still not here and how she will lecture him again if he doesn't call regularly for updates...and the cycle continues...hence the daily long phone calls...LOL
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 07:35 AM   #272
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well today is Dee day. Going from what the dealer has told me it should be ready for pick today sometime. Let’s wait and see hey, fingers crossed.
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2009, 09:11 AM   #273
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Im getting excited! I just cant wait to get the Koni's in the XR6 (which im half way through) and then get all 3 cars in a photo shoot.

Look forward to the fiesta off setting the fuel bill for the fairmont!
Old 27-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #274
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep still not happy, Rang the dealer yesterday and said what is the best time should I pick the car up?

Your car hasn't arrived to us yet, but we're looking in to it. The rest of the conversations speaks for itself. They did ring back late avro to tell me the car is at the docks so not long now the dealer said.

So now it's the end of next week. Well let’s bloody hope so.
Old 27-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #275
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty
Yep still not happy, Rang the dealer yesterday and said what is the best time should I pick the car up?

Your car hasn't arrived to us yet, but we're looking in to it. The rest of the conversations speaks for itself. They did ring back late avro to tell me the car is at the docks so not long now the dealer said.

So now it's the end of next week. Well let’s bloody hope so.
Sorry to hear that mate. Generally if the dealer doesn't call a few days prior to delivery then its usually a no goer. But in saying that, several years ago when I bought a honda jazz, the dealer advised me that it would be ready in a weeks time and they said they would call to confirm and give me a choice of rego plates to choose from. Anyway, never ended up getting a call from them about the rego plates nor delivery date and a week later while I was an afternoon shift, they called me and said "what's going on? why haven't you come in to pick up your car. Its been ready and waiting since 9am this morning?" So I was kinda angry that they didn't confirm with me nor with the rego plates.
Old 30-05-2009, 07:24 PM   #276
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

May as well drop this in here.

Some or most may already know this but I only discovered it tonight (yes, I know, RTFM)

Whilst the Fiesta has the "arrive home" lighting, I didn't realise you could have the lights off, pull back on the indicator stalk and the headlights would come on and remain on for the same time the "arrive home lights do" after you leave the car and lock it.

May be obvious to Ford owners but news to me.
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #277
pitpal
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman2
May as well drop this in here.

Some or most may already know this but I only discovered it tonight (yes, I know, RTFM)

Whilst the Fiesta has the "arrive home" lighting, I didn't realise you could have the lights off, pull back on the indicator stalk and the headlights would come on and remain on for the same time the "arrive home lights do" after you leave the car and lock it.

May be obvious to Ford owners but news to me.
news to me
pitpal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 09:36 AM   #278
BlackLS
yum

LOL Does anyone read owners manuals anymore?

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 09:39 AM   #279
BlackLS
yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by curik
Now I found something that annoys me when I get out of the car and realize one of the windows isn't closed. I was able to close it remotely on my previous audi, but not on the fiesta. Tried holding different buttons, but no avail. So I have to get back in the car, insert key and turn to ignition, then close the window. :
Because there is no auto-up and subsequently no limb protection mechanism on the passenger windows, this feature can't be made possible for safety reasons.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2009, 09:46 AM   #280
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
Because there is no auto-up and subsequently no limb protection mechanism on the passenger windows, this feature can't be made possible for safety reasons.
Out GTI has no auto up on the rear windows but you can open and close them with the remote ....I haven't hecked to see if they stop when blocked by something

The limb protection is a simple pressure sensor isn't it - 10c ?

Must go try the Zetec's passenger one.

Isn't it meant to be required on all power windows, irrespective of auto up or not ?
Old 31-05-2009, 09:46 AM   #281
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
LOL Does anyone read owners manuals anymore?
Well, still trying to find it in the manual (mind you, the Zetec manual is missing plenty of stuff)
Old 31-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #282
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Hmmmm sent an email to my dealer 3 days ago asking if we are still on for an "early June" arrival date which was mentioned when I ordered it a few months ago. No reply. I might have to pay them a visit early next week :/
Old 31-05-2009, 06:08 PM   #283
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

My car was ment to be delivered "worse case" last friday but its still on the docks (landed 23rd) so lets see what happens this week. Oh and I finally go the koni's into the XR6
Old 31-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #284
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
My car was ment to be delivered "worse case" last friday but its still on the docks (landed 23rd) so lets see what happens this week. Oh and I finally go the koni's into the XR6
Hmm the last time I was advised of a "worse case scenario" the car wasn't even manufactured yet despite their claims that my car was already on the ship and should be here shortly. So lets just hope that you car is truely at the docks and not still being made or still on the ship offshore.

I'm still waiting for mine and was given a final promise that my car will be delivered this coming month in June. If it doesn't end up arriving in June, then I'm definately cracking it again and I don't care who's fault it is.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:43 AM   #285
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You said it Vegabass "lets see what happens this week"

After being told the car would be ready 26th May and wasn't even at the docks. The dealer advised me it will be here this week. Yeah right.

I'll be ringing them today again today.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:03 AM   #286
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Maybe we should all get together and start a protest.

What do we want - OUR ZETEC FIESTA'S
When do we want it - NOW!
lol we all have to laugh it kinda keeps us sane.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #287
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Hahaha!!

Ok just got back from the dealer. We sat down in his office and he punched in the SIDO number (I think I remember what it was, I forgot to write it down!). The car finished at the assembly line on the 14/05 and the arrival date was "Not Available" :(

At least it is built but I'm scared at how long it may take to arrive
Old 01-06-2009, 11:39 AM   #288
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not long got off the phone from the dealer, still no bloody car. I asked them for the SIDO # and got it.

If anyone can help me at with some info on the car and it's where abouts is PM me and give you my SIDO #.

I'll be ring them back again tomorrow.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #289
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I sent my SIDO # to a friend that works for Ford and he told me the car is in Australia and is out of customs and I should get it by the end of the week. Any longer than a week then something’s wrong.

That’s good news. Now let’s see how long the dealer takes.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #290
killer_taxi

I finally saw my new Zetec for the first time today. Its been a long wait since mid February. I'm going to drive it out of the showroom on Wednesday I think. Just getting tint and paint protection first. Can't wait to drive it.
killer_taxi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2009, 06:52 AM   #291
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

My missus said to me "if I dont have it by friday Im going to cancel it" :o

I hate women and their ability to back flip seeing as how much nagging she did to get it in the first place.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:57 AM   #292
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Vega I wouldn’t hold your breath mate but fingers crossed for you both. As I posted before #289 my friend said the same thing, but I really can't see the car coming any time this week.

It would be great if we could get it on Friday ready for weekend of driving. I'm hoping for next week, Friday at the latest give them till the 12/06.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:59 PM   #293
Zetec Dave

Well, I've kinda temporarily given up on comments about the delivery of these cars as I'm just gonna wait til the end of this month and have my fingers crossed that it does get delivered this month. Otherwise, I'll have a big long chat and some arm twisting. Worse comes to worse if my wife doesn't want it anymore I hope we can get out of the contract and maybe wait to get something else OTHER THAN FORD!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 11:42 AM   #294
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My dealer no longer calls me, he sends Text messages now. I don't blame him. He just sent one saying his going to chase the car and see what the holdup is. Good idea mate it's your job.

The car has been at the dock since 26th May, so thinking it should have been here by now. It most likely got damaged on/off the ship and needs repairs before sending to the dealer.

Is there any way I could find out if the car has been damaged?
Old 04-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #295
Zetec Dave

Hmm very hard to say unless they are outright honest with you and advise of the little accident they had with it. But judging by all the dodginess that's been happening and frustration from your end, I really doubt they'll tell you if any damage was done in the process cause a blast in their ears would be the last thing they want right?

I'm not sure if the delays at the docks are Australia wide or just in Melbourne cause I've recently ordered a few sets of Bilstein and H&R shocks and springs for customers and I've been told by my supplier that their shipment is still stuck at the docks and that has been since 2 weeks ago???
Old 04-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #296
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My dealer called and told me the delay from the docks is due to Toll that transport the cars from the docks and inundated with work and can't move them fast enough.
Toll has an independent company helping out.

The dealer told me that they have a truck turning up tomorrow fully loaded and is hoping our car is on it. I hope so too
Old 04-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #297
Zetec Dave

Just called the dealer today to ask about the wheel upgrade and asked them just for the sake of it whats the update on my car and they said its on the ship right now and expected arrival at the docks is 26th of this month. Is is just me or is there some sort of pattern about the 26th cause it seems that several people here have been advised the 26th of most months with each delay?
Old 05-06-2009, 08:37 AM   #298
killer_taxi

Got delivery of my Zetec yesterday! I got the Illuminated gear knob put in the car yesterday also. I’ll try to get some pictured of the car this weekend for you guys.

Zetec Dave, I was also told the 26th of June for ETA. Dunno why I got mine earlier.

I also have a question out of interest. Did any other Fiesta owners here get provided with a radio code with there WS? I didn’t get one. Says in the manual, “The system will automatically check that the audio unit and vehicle match before allowing operation”. So maybe they don’t come provided with a radio code because its not needed?
killer_taxi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #299
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Got a call from the dealer today. I pick it up in a few hours!!! Ill get some pics up today!!!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #300
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

It is great to hear you guys are finally getting your vehicles.

Enjoy !