Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 27-01-2006, 10:43 PM   #1
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Default Is this a banned/blocked word?

Okay, the word 'ИИИИИИИИ', that is t.r.i.a.n.g.l.e is banned or blocked?

Someone with a sense of humour?

ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 27-01-2006, 10:53 PM   #2
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

No, some of us find that particular word offensive. eg, me.

Oo\===/oO
Old 27-01-2006, 10:54 PM   #3
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Whats a ИИИИИИИИ ?
Old 27-01-2006, 10:59 PM   #4
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
No, some of us find that particular word offensive. eg, me.
Best you not use that icon then? Your a very young P Plater?

I take it *you* take offence at a safety warning device sold by Ford and my advocacy of it?

If so, it is regrettable this place is so politically correct, in fact thats insulting poltical correctness.
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 27-01-2006, 11:06 PM   #5
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Whats a ???????? ?
Good question. ИИИИИИИИ.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Old 27-01-2006, 11:09 PM   #6
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton
Good question. ИИИИИИИИ.

http://www.ford.com.au/range/popup/p...=35&category=5

As an example.
Old 27-01-2006, 11:12 PM   #7
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

$46 for that thought they came free......
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 27-01-2006, 11:17 PM   #8
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
$46 for that thought they came free......

Australia doesn't mandate a warning ИИИИИИИИ for passenger cars like Europe or the African Union (which like Spain demand two).

Like I say often enough, our equipment requirements in this sun burnt place are very very second rate, now below that of Africa's third world.

They should be 'standard supply', doing so would reduce their retail cost dramatically. As an example, the Mitsubishi Motors unit, with the same UN specifications and made in Finland, cost $20 retail.

I've attended enough crashes and vehicle breakdowns particularly in vulnerable on-road traffic positions these last few thousand years to rightly advocate the item. It is to Ford Australia's credit that someone within the AUS HQ had the brains to finally specify a device that will save lives and property.

Understand that I make NO $ whatsoever from this in any way shape or form, except those savings that are made in road toll reduction.

Last edited by Keepleft; 27-01-2006 at 11:24 PM.
Old 27-01-2006, 11:19 PM   #9
DarkXr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

why is ИИИИИИИИs abusive/banned
Old 27-01-2006, 11:43 PM   #10
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Okay, the word 'ИИИИИИИИ', that is t.r.i.a.n.g.l.e is banned or blocked?

Someone with a sense of humour?
: well I think it's funny...
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 27-01-2006, 11:45 PM   #11
LUXO_8
windsor user

damn straight its funny.......
Old 27-01-2006, 11:48 PM   #12
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Best you not use that icon then? Your a very young P Plater?

I take it *you* take offence at a safety warning device sold by Ford and my advocacy of it?

If so, it is regrettable this place is so politically correct, in fact thats insulting poltical correctness.
Touchy touchy...nah lighten up man, its called sarcasm.

But yes, its hilarious!

Oo\===/oO
Old 27-01-2006, 11:54 PM   #13
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I think it was banned as a word due to the extreem BOREDOM and constant DRONING ON about them..

Seriously.... absolutly no-one really gives a crap about safety ИИИИИИИИs.. They are about as interesting as ringworms. Personally I think they are a waste of money and I dont see any valid reason to even get one..

Good for breakdowns... what the hell are those big amber blinking lights called hazards for? If you cant see bright *** amber lights blinking on and off you sure as hell wont see a reflective ИИИИИИИИ thats no bigger than a soccer ball!
Good for accidents... well, if the acident is so bad that the hazard lights no longer work its a fair bet there is debris and probably body parts spread for a 100 odd meters down the road. Should we just put a ИИИИИИИИ in front of the biggest bit??

Seriously, if you want to get anal and advocate something.. how about a fire extinguisher in the car or a jack that isnt going to drop a car on your foot when you change tyres. How about checking tyre pressures to decrease blowouts or the fact that if its raining a car is not going to have the same dynamics as it does in the wet. Proactive stuff like that will save a lot more money and lives than a bloody tri-banana-angle.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 28-01-2006, 12:03 AM   #14
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Otherwise your posts are deemed informative..
Quote:
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 28-01-2006, 12:04 AM   #15
Hoops
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I think it was banned as a word due to the extreem BOREDOM and constant DRONING ON about them..

Seriously.... absolutly no-one really gives a crap about safety ИИИИИИИИs.. They are about as interesting as ringworms. Personally I think they are a waste of money and I dont see any valid reason to even get one..

Good for breakdowns... what the hell are those big amber blinking lights called hazards for? If you cant see bright *** amber lights blinking on and off you sure as hell wont see a reflective ИИИИИИИИ thats no bigger than a soccer ball!
Good for accidents... well, if the acident is so bad that the hazard lights no longer work its a fair bet there is debris and probably body parts spread for a 100 odd meters down the road. Should we just put a ИИИИИИИИ in front of the biggest bit??

Seriously, if you want to get anal and advocate something.. how about a fire extinguisher in the car or a jack that isnt going to drop a car on your foot when you change tyres. How about checking tyre pressures to decrease blowouts or the fact that if its raining a car is not going to have the same dynamics as it does in the wet. Proactive stuff like that will save a lot more money and lives than a bloody tri-banana-angle.
Well said mate
Old 28-01-2006, 12:04 AM   #16
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Casper, I've got a problem here. The XB doesn't have hazard lights!
Old 28-01-2006, 12:07 AM   #17
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Hey heres a guy that needs a reflective octagonal slanted square
Quote:
Old 28-01-2006, 12:08 AM   #18
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
shouldnt that be taitworms???
Old 28-01-2006, 12:09 AM   #19
Damo
Banned

my dad has a ИИИИИИИИ.

I wonder if i could make my own.
Old 28-01-2006, 12:14 AM   #20
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
my dad has a ИИИИИИИИ.

I wonder if i could make my own.
Make sure it complies to European standards 1044d985.32sdf44poundsign5153.141 dash WGAF.
Old 28-01-2006, 12:20 AM   #21
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Casper, I've got a problem here. The XB doesn't have hazard lights!
then use this (thanks thornspawn), its QLD approved at least.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 28-01-2006, 12:22 AM   #22
LUXO_8
windsor user

bwahaha!!!!! banana!
Old 28-01-2006, 12:28 AM   #23
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:

Hey! Leave us queenslanders out of this!

Oo\===/oO
Old 28-01-2006, 12:55 AM   #24
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
I think it was banned as a word due to the extreem BOREDOM and constant DRONING ON about them.

Yes, yes, yes....

Seriously.... absolutly no-one really gives a crap about safety ИИИИИИИИs..

Agreed, people don't give a rats about safety matters, they need to however and to overcome their lack of driver training and ignorance.

They are about as interesting as ringworms.

Sure, but it is my Sig for 'reasons'.

Personally I think they are a waste of money

So, a device that costs $20 - 50 that is known in the outside world, mostly,-that has resulted in *mandatory requirement* as it is a cost beneficial life-saver, is an item that reduces insurance payouts owing a reduction in crashes of a secondary nature, an item that is usually placed by the vehicle owner or road user on scene, according to you is a waste of money.

and I dont see any valid reason to even get one.
I am not in the slightest surprised.

Good for breakdowns... what the hell are those big amber blinking lights called hazards for?

More ignorance.

If you cant see bright *** amber lights

Bright? A 21 watt amber flasher bright??

blinking on and off you sure as hell wont see a reflective ИИИИИИИИ thats no bigger than a soccer ball!

Your 21 watt hazards Casper are not seen around bends, over hills, more than 80 metres back in fog or heavy rain, and using a DEVICE is better than merely having people waving at high-speed traffic using their hands and arms, particularly on the open road. Hell, owing other traffic, not even on straight roads are hazards enough!

Good for accidents... well, if the accident is so bad that the hazard lights no longer work

As is often the case, so here you advocate NOTHING to alert approaching traffic, well done dicko, now think of crash scene scenarious. Not all crashes Casper happen on dark or daylight straight lengths of road with visibility of 700 metres.

its a fair bet there is debris and probably body parts spread for a 100 odd meters down the road. Should we just put a ИИИИИИИИ in front of the biggest bit??

You completely miss the points.

Seriously, if you want to get anal and advocate something.

how about a fire extinguisher in the car
Actually, we do mention the items in our manuals more often AND Ford do supply them, one thing at a time Casper:
http://www.ford.com.au/range/popup/p...241&category=5

And this too:
http://www.ford.com.au/range/popup/p...241&category=5

or a jack that isnt going to drop a car on your foot when you change tyres.

Speak to Standards Australia, not me about this.

How about checking tyre pressures to decrease blowouts or the fact that if its raining a car is not going to have the same dynamics as it does in the wet.

I know all this AND I try to get exactly that sort of thing into our driver training manuals, sadly, if I submit such text, it will often be 'softened' for legal 'liability' reasons, and to not encourage the 'speed' word.

Proactive stuff like that will save a lot more money and lives than a bloody tri-banana-angle.

Casper, BECAUSE the ONLY time AUSTRALIAN drivers have had experience with these warning devices, is when the've typically been placed by truck drivers, right?.

The knuckle draggers, who are not the nations IQ collective, get it into their meat heads over time that the items are manure,- as they pass them by over the years, this forms 'opinion'. WHEN it comes to the Australian Standard, AS IT EXISTS, and as MOST OFTEN USED, I will agree, 'they' are not that good.

I do NOT agree however, when it is the world-standard product such as the Ford item I advocate, simply because it outperforms the design adopted by some drunken Aussie QLD fool years ago who was ignorant enough to adopt the hopeless US version!

I hate the fact this countries 'experts' keep giving us second best. When I am used to 'the best' and see 'it' in operation overseas.

My SIG on the matter is to purely prompt, and my verse is solidly world experienced. I cant tell you how many times over the eyars I've stopped at scenes, and having time, placed the units when I want, or more the point need that approaching traffic to slow down.

It is the same principle Caper used in the Emergency services, lights are only PART of the answer and sometimes we use other devices ahead of the scene. If any member of an emergency service thinks for one moment that ONLY using flashers is the right thing to do (and yes, it can be), IF and where the circumstance is a bendy road or similar AND as a result someone collects the scene and is hurt of killed, then make no mistake, liability for inaction, or inappropriate action can occur.

One of my later examples was a woman in a Maxima with three whaaaaa-ing kids in the back, she had collected a tradesmans ute in the right lane of the F3, became immobilised in that right lane of the F3 in the pouring rain, and blokes ute went to shoulder under its own power.

Nurse with me attends injury but the risk of collision (secondary impact) was clear, cars were skidding and near missing this immobilsed car. Yes, the hazards were on, AND this is one of the KEY steps I outline in each jurisdictional driver manual, *as a must*. I take the ИИИИИИИИ back 150 - 180 running steps and place it to the 0.5 metre shoulder.

This is what they are designed for, "ADVANCED" of scene alert INTENDED to SUPPLEMENT existing flashers, BUT CAN do the job when they are knocked out, WHILST we wait the arrival of police and emergency services.

The effect was obvious and gave people on scene 'some comfort or rather reassurance' as traffic now approached much slower.

I have gone through this over and over and over these few years and became a convert. But I had an issue of low quality units creating problems, they'd blow over or out of alignment putting the scene at risk, and the performing properties were simply rubbish. That made me target 'standards'.

People would often buy garbage and this is why my crusade, ONE - to prompt in education via the handbooks AND in forums, THE OTHER - to do my bit to knock off from the market crap units so folk will get the best possible.
My Sig is changed for now to 'device'.

Last edited by Keepleft; 28-01-2006 at 01:05 AM.
Old 28-01-2006, 12:58 AM   #25
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Most of use Queenslanders don't get a chance to use a 3-sided device. Going on the roadkill stakes for the last year, we'd be running around, looking for crowbars to get the twisted bootlids open, so we could set up a static warning device.

Then we could go and save our family members from an impending 'hollywood style' ka-boom!
Old 28-01-2006, 01:05 AM   #26
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Do those three sided items come in black? :nutsycuck
Old 28-01-2006, 01:18 AM   #27
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny
Most of use Queenslanders don't get a chance to use a 3-sided device. Going on the roadkill stakes for the last year, we'd be running around, looking for crowbars to get the twisted bootlids open, so we could set up a static warning device.

Then we could go and save our family members from an impending 'hollywood style' ka-boom!
Look, Swanny - yes a damned good valid point with bootlids jammed shut.

Remember though the most obvious thing, the 'last' cars boot of that pileup will not be jammed!

This is my NSW experience where folks have offered me theirs to place, or placed it off their own bat having stopped at the scene.

AND if we mandated like Africa and Europe the item, then someone else will usually provide it if required.
Old 28-01-2006, 01:22 AM   #28
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Personally i like the idea of Flares....
Lets get some of those arc'n...
Quote:
Old 28-01-2006, 01:27 AM   #29
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Casper - nice try!

Keepleft - good response.

The thing about the bananas is that they are used AFTER an accident. How did the accident happen? Driver inattention or inability. Cars don't crash. Drivers crash cars. I think Casper's point is it would be better to train people so that less accidents and breakdowns occur - breakdowns are usually caused by poor maintenance. Keepleft's point is that after said accident, you should try to stop the accident getting bigger. So I believe we have a stalemate.

In the face of rising road tolls, I would like to know the stats on how many deaths are attributed to "secondary" impacts - ie people slamming into an accident that already happened causing death. I know there was at least one of these over Christmas (though it was fixing a puncture, IIRC), but in the overall scheme of things, I doubt the numbers would be very high, so would the use of bananas really reduce this small number significantly? Probably not.

While you're reading - what about pedestrians that are killed. Their deaths are always added to the road toll, as if it is the fault of the car driver. In some circumstances, I have no doubt the driver is at fault, but in others, it would be the pedestrian who is at fault. So maybe all pedestrians should wear/carry bananas so that they are more visible to drivers, which would reduce the incidence of driver-caused pedestrian deaths, but would not do much to help the pedestrian-caused pedestrian deaths.

Well, now that I've started, might as well keep going! Instead of insisting that cars carry the bananas, why not do something useful with our tax dollars and have bananas installed in the dividing barriers and armco railings on major (high speed) roads - when an accident happens and the police are called, they simply turn on the bananas on the section of road alerting all drivers of possible danger - a bit like the blue waving flags in motor racing! Just a thought, and it puts the onus back on the government to spend our (petrol tax & rego) money properly, instead of funding politicians retirement plans/superannuation schemes.

Sorry for the long post, but payback is a b!tch.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 28-01-2006, 01:31 AM   #30
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

The best thing about that ИИИИИИИИ is. If you get hungry, you can eat it.....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Closed Thread