Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 01-07-2015, 03:32 AM   #1
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Thread link in signature

Hi Guys and Girls,

I managed to do this once before in the past (some time ago now) but have since tried to do it again and cannot get it to work or remember how I did it in the first place. Now adding a build thread link into a signature is the easy part but last time I managed to do so with renaming the URL code or whatever it's called to exactly what the link was without actually showing the code on the screen! For example you will see I have had failed attempt at adding my build thread to my signature. The exact title is there the same as last time however the generated link is missing/dose not work. Just to clarify what I am trying to say is I had the link set up with its own title without showing any of that http code crap.

Any ideas? Your help would be greatly appreciated as nothing frustrates me more than technology.

Cheers Ryan
bionic2006xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2015, 03:37 AM   #2
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Thread link in signature

I think I just managed to fix it but really don't know what I have done? if someone can walk me through the steps to do this it would be greatly appreciated. I just kept fiddling around with it for hours now until it worked.

I hate computers!

Cheers Ryan
bionic2006xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2015, 09:48 AM   #3
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

You have done it successfully.

Regards
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2015, 09:17 PM   #4
GTLexus

Would you be able to explain how you fixed it? I'm having the same problem
GTLexus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2015, 10:04 PM   #5
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Step 1. Copy the link address. (Ctrl+C)

Step 2. Type in the wording you want as the link button.

Step 3. Click on the icon in the bar at the top of the text box, that has round blue ball with the linky thing below it.

Step 4. Wait for popup box to come up, then press Ctrl+V to copy the link address into the popup box. No need to click into popup box.

Step 5. Press Enter

Done.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2015, 10:44 PM   #6
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Just noticed an important step was somehow deleted in my post above while preparing it.

Step 2. Type in the wording you want as the link button. Then highlight this wording.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2015, 09:49 AM   #7
GTLexus

Thanks Silver Ghia. Very happy now...

This isn't in any FAQ's????
GTLexus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post