Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 25-12-2014, 09:09 AM   #1
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Security token needed to load photo's?

Hi guys, as the title says i need a security token to load photo's in my build thread. Whats that about & can a mod help me out please. I probably did something wrong loading some photos, as it was my first attempt in ages loading photo's. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Merry Xmas & a Happy New Year to Russell & all AFF mods, have a nice day today!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2014, 10:03 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Security token needed to load photo's?

Hi Maka

It's a deliberate feature in our current version of vb designed to combat CSRF - a description of which is below.

Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF) involves taking advantage of the stateless nature of HTTP, there are no ways to ensure the exact origin of a request, its also not possible to detect what was actually initiated by a user and what was forced by a third party script. A token was added to the latest version of each of the vBulletin products, with the release of 3.6.10 and 3.7.0 RC4 it is no longer possible to submit a POST request directly without passing in the known token.

The addition of a security token for each POST request removes the ability for a remote page to force a user to submit an action. At the moment this protection will only apply to vBulletin files and third party files will need to opt into this protection and add the appropriate hidden field. This was done to preserve backwards
compatibility.

Basically, if you link to an image (or try to upload one) from another site you are probably going to toggle the error.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2014, 10:16 AM   #3
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Thanks Russell, so what do i have to do to upload some photos then, is it possible you can advise me? Those photo's were direct from a camera into my pictures on my computer, are you saying i cant load photo's at all? Or is it i need to use another computer or something? Thanks for your help.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Old 25-12-2014, 10:24 AM   #4
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Thanks Russell, is it a cookie problem? Can you advise me on what i have to do to fix it?

Just googled & found this - "it has usually been a problem with the date that computer is set to interacting with expiring cookies.

For example, this one computer may be set with a date 1 month into the future and the cookie being sent is being expired instantly because it is only a 90 minute session cookie?

Do i need to check the clock on my computer or something?

cheers, Maka

Old 25-12-2014, 10:32 AM   #5
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

The token error should only apply if uploading from an external web site (not from your PC) or when your session hash - which is used to validate the upload - has expired.

The latter can be caused by time errors so it is worth checking PC clock but it may also be that you have simply been logged in longer than the life of the session hash.

Happens to me on a lot of normal threads because I leave them open for so long.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-12-2014, 10:40 AM   #6
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

That sound's entirely feasible to me Russell, i was probably on for too long etc when i tried uploading, I will re'sign in before i have another go at loading the photo's & see how i go - i'll let you know if any more issues. Thanks heaps for your helpful advice!

cheers, Maka

Old 25-12-2014, 03:48 PM   #7
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Hi Russell, unfortunately couldn't upload anything even tried two different computers, so went Photobucket & managed it. All good now anyways, have a good one today!

cheers, Maka