Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 07:19 PM   #1
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Default swaering filter

I have no problem with the filter but how exactly does it work?

Do you enter the words you want blocked, or is it a more general thing, for example, the a word for bottom is blocked, but it also turns a word I used in a thread into a cuss word

coarse <-- can you guess?

I was wondering is there a way around that, some exemption for those words that have bad language as part of their spelling?

Last edited by Donut King; 09-01-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:23 PM   #2
Donut King
Officially Unemployed!

we can stop that happening by changing the way the word is in the censored list i'll fix it now

Old 09-01-2006, 07:23 PM   #3
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

thanks mate

Old 09-01-2006, 08:12 PM   #4
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Better add Richard otherwise known as dick to that as well because NNNN Johnson just does not look right
Old 09-01-2006, 10:07 PM   #5
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Dick Johnson?

not NNNN Johnson!
Old 15-01-2006, 03:54 PM   #6
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

If Arrse is in the dictionary, why can't we use it in the Forum? Is it really an abusive word that needs to be filtered?

"He was up my bottom" really just does not sound right...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 15-01-2006, 03:57 PM   #7
LUXO_8
windsor user

the colour of my NC, peac0ck green always gets sensored....
peaИИИИ
Old 15-01-2006, 04:06 PM   #8
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can you guys please change it to an option in our control panel whether or not we would individually like to have the swear censor? Personally it annoys the hell out of me when it censors things and sentences don't make sense... and whats the go with the backwards N's??
Old 15-01-2006, 04:36 PM   #9
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I am glad it annoys you, how about constructing some decent discussion without the need to swear and I will consider it, till then, it will continue.
Old 15-01-2006, 04:49 PM   #10
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Frankly guys if you can't get your point across without swearing then you need to have a look at yourselves. The backwards Ns are there for something different.
It's not that hard to conduct a conversation on the internet without having to swear. If I can manage it then anybody should be able to.
This topic comes up form time to time but nothing will change about it.
Closed Thread