Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 28-11-2015, 12:28 AM   #31
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: LZ Focus (Thai Models)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
There is no info on this on the website and it's not listed as an option anywhere I can see.

Go to the Ford Australia web site and down load both brochures for 2014 and 2015 Focus. (2015 below, but 2014 is too big to download here).

The 2014 brochure has the option pack for Titanium sports executive pack on page 17 of the specs and is what I was looking at before.

The 2015 brochure says cruise control with speed limiting feature which I think is the same? Page 18 of brochure standard across the range. Confused as it is not active cruise description but speed limiting feature?

Attachment 89967
GTLEGEND is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2015, 08:22 AM   #32
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Speed limiter is not adaptive cruise. It just sets a top speed that it won't go over. You still control the throttle.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2015, 09:51 AM   #33
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Speed limiter is not adaptive cruise. It just sets a top speed that it won't go over. You still control the throttle.
So it looks like the 2014 has it but not the 2015!! There you go!
Old 28-11-2015, 11:41 AM   #34
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

NZ also get the wagon.
In Australia we can have whatever we want as long as it's a 1.5 auto sedan or hatch. Yay.
Titanium seems to get leather and big wheels. Welcome back 2002.
Old 29-11-2015, 06:51 PM   #35
CatonaPC©

I just read the brochure. Adaptive Cruise is not available on any Focus Australian models.

To answer the question as to why not, it could be Ford aiming for competitive prices.

As for NZ Titanium equipment levels being higher than Oz, it's a good bet it costs a lot more too. A small market like NZ is unlikely to get a tailor made model line up so it will be based on what's offered in another market, say Japan. And that means they end up with much nicer specified cars.
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2015, 08:25 PM   #36
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatonaPC© View Post
I just read the brochure. Adaptive Cruise is not available on any Focus Australian models.

To answer the question as to why not, it could be Ford aiming for competitive prices.

As for NZ Titanium equipment levels being higher than Oz, it's a good bet it costs a lot more too. A small market like NZ is unlikely to get a tailor made model line up so it will be based on what's offered in another market, say Japan. And that means they end up with much nicer specified cars.

That's not the case. I was speaking to a senior technician from NZ and their cars must meet Australian ADR standards. So their models are mostly the same as ours but seem to be better specced.
As for Ford trying to be price competitor, that goes against what ford is telling their dealers as they are trying to sell the Focus as a premium product rather than chase price point.

It's just a really odd situation to pull features out of a car for no apparent reason.
Old 30-11-2015, 09:07 AM   #37
CatonaPC©

Quote:
That's not the case. I was speaking to a senior technician from NZ and their cars must meet Australian ADR standards.
ADRs don't dictate what level of equipment is offered in country specific models. And NZ may very well pitch the Focus to a different class of buyer so they offer higher equipment levels. Like it or not, despite what Ford Australia says to dealers, they want to sell these cars and DO lower equipment levels to price them competitively. Eg. NZ Trend has auto-lights and auto wipers as standard. Australia? It's an option. But in NZ you pay for it and the likely buyer will want it. In Australia, most won't miss it.
Old 30-11-2015, 07:59 PM   #38
CatonaPC©

I must mention one more thing that I have forgotten. Assuming the NZ Focus is also made in Thailand, the automated processes that go into making cars these days are geared to easily build different variations of models for different markets on the same production line. On that basis, the car is built for a particular market based on what the local Ford orders.

That's another reason why, in my view, equipment levels are lower in Australian models because Ford Australia wants the prices kept competitive.

On another matter. I looked up my VIN and my Trend was built in August 2015. That's three months before the new Focus was released. It suggests Ford were building up stock to deliver to customers quickly. Once that initial stock goes, we may see 2016 models with higher equipment levels. Maybe.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:53 PM   #39
VicVic
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone

I'm wanting to know when the next stock of LZ Focus Sport is due to arrive into Sydney for NSW.

There seems to be hardly any stock available. This will be my first ever brand new car, so all advice appreciated.

Thanks
Vicki
VicVic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2015, 07:01 PM   #40
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicVic View Post
Hi Everyone

I'm wanting to know when the next stock of LZ Focus Sport is due
Car shipments from Thailand occur every 8 days. For Sydney, the unloading port would be Port Kembla every Wednesdays. So, you're at least expecting a minimum 9-10 days. These days production lines are automated, so unless something drastic happens to production schedules, I could say you're looking at something like a 2 week wait at most.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:40 PM   #41
VicVic
Starter Motor

Thanks so much for the quick reply.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:47 PM   #42
KosCo

I am thinking that the downgraded options on the new Focus in Australia may be due to Ford getting the owners of the new Focus paying for the cots of fixing the powershift gearbox problems associated with the old Focus.

I find it very hard to follow the logic of Ford in removing the adaptive cruise control that was available on some of the models on the old Focus. This in not the way to build an image of a "premium" product when many competitors have that feature. only a marketing division in its Orwellian double-speak can talk about a "premium" product whilst at the same time removing features from the vehicle.

Curious to hear from any LZ owners as to how they are finding their new car especially gearbox and turbo-charged engine performance.

Thanks
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2015, 02:05 PM   #43
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by KosCo View Post
Curious to hear from any LZ owners as to how they are finding their new car especially gearbox and turbo-charged engine performance.
I have a Trend. The engine/auto gearbox combination is quite a good match. Power and torque don't come on in a rush but quite progressively and smoothly. It kind of feels like one is driving a smooth six. Doesn't seem to mind being punted around either, so overall, for me, it has been impressive.

My only minor quibble is that I wish it had steering wheel paddles. The rocker paddle on the gear shift isn't has easy to use.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:16 PM   #44
VicVic
Starter Motor

Hi All,

After much consideration, I bought an LZ Sport , which I will have late next week. It's a demo model with 3000 klms on it. Best mate is picking up from Coffs Harbour for me.

Coffs Harbour to Sydney should give us a good idea of the engine gearbox combo. I'll be sure to let you all know what he thinks.

Cheers
Old 06-12-2015, 01:18 PM   #45
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Paul Gover in todays Sunday Mail has a good review of the ST and Titanium and asks
"why isnt Ford advertising these cars" thats a question we all would like answered. Add Fiesta, Mondeo, Kuga to the question.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:44 PM   #46
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Paul Gover in todays Sunday Mail has a good review of the ST and Titanium and asks
"why isnt Ford advertising these cars" thats a question we all would like answered. Add Fiesta, Mondeo, Kuga to the question.
Have you not seen the ad with the blue Focus with all the drum players, its on all the time in Sydney!
2 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2015, 10:56 PM   #47
VicVic
Starter Motor

I finally got my little LZ Focus Sport and it is a ripper. Smooth but energetic takeoff, handling is amazing, and I'm super impressed.

I am still working out all the features and I will post here if I find anything unusual, but so far so good.
Old 13-12-2015, 07:07 AM   #48
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

Drove a 1.5T base model Focus yesterday. I'm looking at convincing the boss to get rid of her DSG equipped Jetta 118Tsi before the warranty runs out in March, and get something equally as punchy but more simple and reliable. I really liked the ride, handling and punch of the Focus, and walked away impressed. It's definitely on the top of the list to consider.

Just have to convince her to drive a Ford...(I love my Territory, so I'm already a fan!)
2 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2015, 04:38 PM   #49
KosCo

According to the brochure, the Focus Sport and Titanium models come with Auto Start-Stop ie. at a standstill the engine automatically shuts off and then automatically starts up again when the brake is released.
Any comments or experiences as to whether this is good or bad or makes any difference?
KosCo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2015, 05:36 PM   #50
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

stop start takes a bit of getting used to. It can be a real pain as it adds a second or two when you start off so makes pulling out into traffic more difficult as you need a slightly bigger gap.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2015, 07:30 PM   #51
CatonaPC©

Auto stop/start comes standard in all models.

It can be turned off by pressing a button, but returns to 'on' when the ignition is switched off.

I think it kicks in too soon after coming to a stop. A delay of 2-3 seconds would have been better because sometimes, you might just come to a stop briefly before traffic moves off again, so you get an instant off then on again.

This is not a gimmick anymore, but a requirement to meet tough Euro 5 emissions. As there is a corresponding ADR that adopts Euro 5 in Australia, I can't imagine it would be legal getting it permanently disabled.

Having said all that, it does generally work well. My understanding is that the car is fitted with a special toughened starter motor and a specific kind of battery. Auto stop/start does not kick in if certain conditions exist, such as low battery, cold engine or air conditioner compressor is running.
Old 15-12-2015, 09:27 PM   #52
VicVic
Starter Motor

I been driving my LZ sport in traffic this week since Saturday. The auto stop start kicks in a few seconds after stopping most of the time. A first it was a little disconcerting especially after having issues with a previous car stalling.
Now that I have had three days driving I'm used to it. And its fine. I've already adjusted to it and lift my foot from brake as the lights turn Green so as to not hold anyone up.
Old 21-12-2015, 02:18 PM   #53
CatonaPC©

Does anyone know who manufactures the 6 speed auto in this car?
Old 21-12-2015, 05:20 PM   #54
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatonaPC© View Post
Does anyone know who manufactures the 6 speed auto in this car?
Its a 6F35 Auto made by Ford..
Old 22-12-2015, 02:08 PM   #55
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Can't wait to get ours. It's supposed to be here in mid Jan. Candy Red Focus Sport auto. It's taking over the duties of the XR8. That will get sold and then eventually, I will hand the Focus to the missus and we'll get rid of her Fiesta and I'll hop into a Turbo or XR8. We'll see what happens anyway.
I think our Focus is a 2015 build, but 2016 compliant or something along those lines.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2015, 03:46 PM   #56
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSSXR8 View Post
I think our Focus is a 2015 build, but 2016 compliant or something along those lines.
If you know the VIN then you can look it up. I forget the website but when you search the car via the VIN it will tell you when it is built. Not sure about the compliance part of it, though.
Old 22-12-2015, 06:27 PM   #57
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bound to be 2015 build if you get it in January/ Feb of 2016
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2015, 07:48 AM   #58
Focii

You can look up your VIN here - https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do and it will tell you the build date.
Focii is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2015, 11:37 AM   #59
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Yeah, I know it will be 2015, but the dealer promised a 2016 plate. I'm trying to figure out what it would mean if it is first registered in 2016.
I remember an EL/EF that Ford used to own at work and it was classed as 2002 or something because it hadn't been registered before that. Not sure?? Haha

Merry Christmas anyway

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2016, 03:38 PM   #60
steve289

Any updates on what prices people have paid for the LZ Focus?
Test drove today, and hope to buy in the next week. 2015 plated run out model.

Dealer quoted $26,000
Trend Hatch, Auto, colour Red & convenience pack.

Thanks,
steve289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post