Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 25-07-2017, 09:27 AM   #1
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 2006 LS Engine light P0400

I have a 2006 LS Focus. I keep getting the engine light come on, as per the OBDII scanner spits out code P0400 (exhaust gas flow something). Did the obvious google search and seemed that most people changed the EGR valve and Intake manifold control valve purge solenoid.

The only symptoms the car demonstrates is that it runs abit rough on idle when its warmed up and sitting in traffic however I more inclined to blame the engine and trans mounts for this as the idles are ok however the car vibrates abit.

So I changed both however the engine light keeps popping back up. Any ideas on anything else I can be changing or looking at? Thanks heaps in advance.

fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11247663

Last edited by xr8 007; 25-07-2017 at 09:40 AM. Reason: error
xr8 007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2017, 09:49 AM   #2
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 
Default Re: 2006 LS Engine light P0400

Consider blocked / clogged up EGR passages. There is an EGR tube under the intake manifold, as well as the passages in the cylinder head.

The EGR flow is monitored by the MAP sensor (or TMAP sensor in this case as it has the intake air temp sensor incorporated). Your MAP sensor readings seem all OK?

Of course, there could be an ECU error in controlling the EGR / wiring fault, but this is difficult to check without an oscilloscope, as the EGR stepper motor is apparently pulse with modulated.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-07-2017, 01:35 PM   #3
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks heaps for the reply DZ.

Silly question but you asekd if my MAP sesnor read ok? Is there a way of checking?

fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11247663
xr8 007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2017, 05:52 PM   #4
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Not a silly question - just use your scan tool to graph manifold pressure against engine load/RPM. Ensure it increases / decreases as expected - eg. increase in manifold pressure with increase in load.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post