Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-02-2007, 11:58 PM   #1
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Default Help! Changed my spark plugs in my EF, and now my Cruise Control doesn't work!

Hi All,

Hoping anyone might have some ideas for me!!

I changed the spark plugs on my EF today. Drove it prior to doing the plugs and the cruise was working, changed the plugs and went for a drive..... and no cruise!! The cruise on/off light still comes on, but it just won't activate.

I didn't notice myself bumping or knocking anything, and can't see anything obviously loose around where I was working.

A mate has mentioned something about a vacuum line that runs along the firewall, but I can't see anything!!

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
Justin.

private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2007, 12:25 AM   #2
niko
likes falcon's

is it still connected to your tb? the unit is on the drivers side almost against the firewall under a small cavity (big 20odd pin plug connected to it also)
Old 19-02-2007, 12:42 AM   #3
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
is it still connected to your tb? the unit is on the drivers side almost against the firewall under a small cavity (big 20odd pin plug connected to it also)
Yep, was the first thing I checked!

The cable is still in place, and the wiring plug hasn't been dislodged or anything!

I have another car that I could remove (but then have to refit!) the cruise module from, but I'd prefer not to do this until I've checked all other possibilities!

It's just such a bummer though, cause I've actually sold the car, and thought I'd be nice by throwing in new leads, plugs and air filter!
Old 19-02-2007, 06:26 AM   #4
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

mmmm what he dosnt know wont hurt him
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2007, 09:29 AM   #5
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb91xr6
mmmm what he dosnt know wont hurt him
Yeah, but I'd rather do the right thing and give it to him in the condition it was in when he inspected it.
Old 19-02-2007, 10:07 AM   #6
holmsy
Banned

talk to him and say look i was being nice and putting in some new stuff for ya and the cruise control stopped working. do you mind or would you like me to spend bit more time and work it out. he may not even care or he will say work it out.
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2007, 10:33 AM   #7
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmsy
talk to him and say look i was being nice and putting in some new stuff for ya and the cruise control stopped working. do you mind or would you like me to spend bit more time and work it out. he may not even care or he will say work it out.
Thanks mate, I think that's looking like the best thing to do at the moment!
Old 19-02-2007, 11:54 AM   #8
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Be nice and get it sorted! I didnt relise my cruise didnt work until I had the car for a few weeks and now its a pain on long distance.

I'm not sure of all the components involved so my cruise still dosent work.
Old 19-02-2007, 12:40 PM   #9
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6
Be nice and get it sorted! I didnt relise my cruise didnt work until I had the car for a few weeks and now its a pain on long distance.

I'm not sure of all the components involved so my cruise still dosent work.
Absolutely mate, and that's what I'll be doing. Either way I'll let him know what's happened, but if I can't sort it, I'll get it repaired while the RWC is being done.

I know first hand how disappointing it is when you pick up a car and it's not how it was when you put the deposit down.
Old 19-02-2007, 06:16 PM   #10
naughtyfalcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have the clock spring in the steering wheel checked,,you could have blown a fuse,,not sure how though,,could be a wire loose somewhere..
Old 19-02-2007, 07:05 PM   #11
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyfalcon
have the clock spring in the steering wheel checked,,you could have blown a fuse,,not sure how though,,could be a wire loose somewhere..
Thanks, I'll give that 1 a try later this week if nothing else obvious pops up!
Old 19-02-2007, 09:19 PM   #12
neatebxr8

check that you havent knocked the connector on the side of the brake master cylinder
neatebxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2007, 09:25 PM   #13
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatebxr8
check that you havent knocked the connector on the side of the brake master cylinder
Thanks, I'll check that one as soon as I get the car back from a gas service. Will let you know how it goes.