Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 07-01-2009, 10:20 PM   #61
FRIKA
FRIKA

Mine is definately not cooling properly then after reading Paulie0735 response.

Im seriously debating to sacrifice a huge loss in $$$ and trading it in. Must say the worst car I have ever owned. Ford Escape (Flawless), AU2 XR8 (Flawless) and Hyundai Elantra (Flawless).
Old 07-01-2009, 11:03 PM   #62
scribbly

What? Trade it in instead of getting the a/c recharged.
I wish I had that sort of cash on hand?

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2009, 11:38 PM   #63
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

I too had an AU2 that I was very pleased with but it wasn't in the same league as the TDCi.

I too set my ac to auto (22C) and it works fine in the Qld sun. Can't seem to find the logo for fresh/recycle though
Sunroof
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 09:07 AM   #64
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

As mentioned above, when it switches from fresh to recycled you will hear the difference immediately. On recycle the fan noise is much louder.

FRIKA, you can check your aircon easy enough, go to the chemist and buy a normal temp probe and put it in the central vents and turn the aircon system to C and fan speed to about half. Leave it in the vent for about 5 minutes than remove it, temp readout should be zero + or - 1 degree. If it is any higher than that take it back to the dealer and demand they get it right. Mine reads -1 degree. Or you can take it into any NATRAD centre and they will check it for you, might cost you a few bucks but it will be a lot cheaper than ditching the car!!!
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 11:26 AM   #65
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbly
You know Dusty, I get the oil message as well except it happens always about 2000km after a service. I just reset it with the brake & accelerator method and keep going.
It's going in on Friday to get a few things done on it, and they will do it then.

The dealer said that to get rid of it, they have to reset it through the IDS, then run it at 2K for a couple of minutes to clear the filter. I would have thought with the freeway driving I've done recently, that it would have cleaned it out. Also surprised they didn't do it at the recent service (mid December). That's what's ****ed me off more than anything.

FRIKA. My BA Futura (sept 03 build) had better A/C than the Mondeo. Sure it ****es me off not to be as cold, but it's a different car. I certainly wouldn't consider trading it in because of this. I set the temp to 22, and let it go, when it's too hot, I turn it to the lowest point. I also leave the sunroof open and that helps too. It's not as bad as the A/C I had in my 205 GTi that was hopeless.

It gets hot here in Melb, but not that hot that I'd consider trading it in. I've got a 3 month old daughter and she is fine in the back with the A/C. I would like some rear vents like my Futura had, but you can't win them all. I believe the wagon has these.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #66
FRIKA
FRIKA

Hi Guys,

Im not considering trading it just because of the Aircon, its because of the ongoing issues that keep poping up. Ie. died on me twice, had suspension noise, cd player has died, aircon not great, water in hatch and im sure ive had a few more.

Im mainly concerned on the future reliability especially after warranty is over. so its eventually going to go wether its now or in a year or two.

I am really dissapointed because I spent a bit of cash like us all hoping to keep the car for a considerable amount of time, but am too worried about possible costs after.

Im not made of cash. If I was I certainly wouldnt have purchased a Mondeo.

Thanks for the advice and I will try the thermo reading.

Im still awaiting a reply from Ford too see if they will regas the Aircon.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #67
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

DUSTY - My XR5 has rear aircon vents in the pillars.

I thought your TDCi should have them also as its top of the diesel range here in OZ?
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #68
scribbly

It'd be interesting to see if the pillar vents could be fitted to a TDCi. Usually the infrastructure is in place for all the add-ons/enhancements. My vehicle is a 2008 build and the only vents I have going towards the rear are under the seats.

MA Mondeo
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
Old 09-01-2009, 04:56 PM   #69
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRsedan
DUSTY - My XR5 has rear aircon vents in the pillars.

I thought your TDCi should have them also as its top of the diesel range here in OZ?
Any chance of a photo? I'll have to check, as I don't think they are there. I have seen some ducts under the seat leading into the back, but didn't know that there was ducts in the 'b' pillar.

I'm with you Sribbly they wouldn't build them not into it, it would be more a case of building most into them, and then not putting that stuff on.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 15-01-2009, 05:04 PM   #70
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Just had a call from Jess at Ford CRC. Ford will not replace the rear windscreen, it's not a fault with the car, it's just how it is.

Not happy about it, and considering CRC told me that it was going to be done through good will, it certainly makes me less happy now. Might fire a letter off to the CEO of Ford Australia. Can't be that difficult to get his email address. Plus it's taken since last October to get an answer - hopeless.

I was going to buy the car off the lease company at the end of the lease term, but now I can't wait to get rid of it - roll on January 2010! I'll probably look at another one, but will make sure the hatch has the gutter. I reckon you guys who own one may find your re-sale affected by this. I'd be shirty if I was you.

Anyone else had any more luck than me?
Previous:
Old 15-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #71
TITO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Re-sale wont be affected one bit.
TITO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 10:14 PM   #72
Katoomba

I had a problem with my fridge last year just after the warranty expired which cost nearly $400 to repair. A similar repair had been done while under warranty. The service technician advised me that "it is a known fault and XXXXX has made available a repair kit to rectify it."

As soon as I found this out, I started with the Australian HQ of the company and eventually ended up with the head office in Asia using the above argument. In the end I was sent a cheque to cover the full cost of the repair.

I think we have similar argument with Ford in that the hatch leakage is a known fault, as testified by owners here, and that the fault has been rectified in later models (I think this is right, is it not?).
Old 15-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #73
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm sure that Ford are on very thin ice legally to refuse to fix this "problem", when they've introduced a modification to new vehicles. Is there a consumer affairs organisation in Australia that you can complain to?
Old 15-01-2009, 10:50 PM   #74
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

I won't be letting this one go. Is it not reasonable when you purchase a vehicle to assume that a glass of water is not going to stream into the boot cavity after the hatch is opened on a rainy day? Or even after you wash the bloody thing? I test drove the car on a nice fine sunny day so what hope did I have of picking that one up?

If it is "just the way it is" then why have newer builds had a modification applied? Why not leave it the way it was? I can understand them ignoring us if we were whinging about an enhancement (the instantaneous fuel readout for instance) but this is simply a rectification.

I'll await my call....
Old 16-01-2009, 10:16 AM   #75
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITO
Re-sale wont be affected one bit.
I don't agree with you Tito. If I was researching for a used Mondeo, came across this site, and read this post, I would think 'if I get an early build, there's a chance that this water leak will be an issue for me too, I think I'll go for a later build'. I know not everyone has the luxury of being able to do that, but some do.

So I do think that the early builds will be affected by this issue. But only by those people who are smart enough to do their research prior to purchase. And that the re-sale will also be affected.

If the choice came down to a car with similar kms, and one with the fix and one without, and you knew about this problem (and could afford any extra costs over the earlier build), I know which one I'd be going for. And which one I'd be happier with. Not really an issue for me as I lease mine, I do love the car, but this just ****ed me off. I will look at another, but maybe the wagon.

I'm up to try to do something here with other Vic members to see if we can get it moving at a higher level. We will have to wait and see what the response to the question is though. VCAT?
Previous:
Old 16-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #76
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

This seems to be a major issue with some to the extent that it seems to be clouding the strong points of the car overall.

I have the same build as Dusty and I haven't noticed any significant problem. With a boot liner any small dribble that enters the boot is easy to mop up but I haven't noticed any worth the effort to date. (I didn't realise it rained a lot in Vic )

If the fix was offered I would have to seriously consider if I wanted it as I believe that it involves refitting the glass something I can do without.

Mine goes for it's 15000k service today with the issues being a minor upholstery issue with the drivers seat, surface damage to the front sensor push button and minor surface rust on boot entry (from a slightly misaligned hatch) I have also asked to have the AC checked although I haven't found this to be a major issue as the car is white and no doubt doesn't heat up like darker colours.
Sunroof
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2009, 12:37 PM   #77
scribbly

Dusty, are you going to change your signature "...love it."?

MA Mondeo
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
Old 16-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #78
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok so then why not take it to KMart or your friendly mechanic and tell them to fix the problems and charge Ford I was told ages ago here that you are not forced to go to your Ford dealer let's see how that works....one thing to do service work I think it's not that easy to do warranty repairs

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2009, 04:24 PM   #79
Katoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Ok so then why not take it to KMart or your friendly mechanic and tell them to fix the problems and charge Ford I was told ages ago here that you are not forced to go to your Ford dealer let's see how that works....one thing to do service work I think it's not that easy to do warranty repairs

apstar
When I mention Kmart here it's because they have satisfactorily done my mechanical work for quite a few years now. I just cannot see why a Ford dealer needs to charge double the amount for less work. Toyota's Camry services are approx $140 - perhaps that is why they are so successful these days here and in America against the stone-age thinking of Holden and Ford. I would never have bought a Mondeo if it had been built or designed in Australia.

Surely when you pay nearly $40,000 for a car, it's fair not to expect it to leak, and for the a/c to work properly.

Dealers have to do the warranty work regardless of where it's serviced as long as the service people do a log book service and stamp the book.

Quote:
Car manufacturers are not legally entitled to make it a condition of your warranty that you get your car serviced at one of their franchised dealers.

Let's say you have been using an independent workshop for several years and are happy with their work and charges. You can still use them when you buy a new car, and preserve your warranty rights, as long as:

1. You adhere to the manufacturer's servicing schedule;
2. your preferred workshop is correctly licensed; and
3. genuine or approved replacement parts are used.
http://www.mynrma.com.au/cps/rde/xch...hould_know.htm

Last edited by Katoomba; 16-01-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Katoomba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2009, 10:31 PM   #80
FRIKA
FRIKA

Im took mine in today to look at the aircon & hatch issue. my dealer wants my car back in so they can fix the problem as they can see there is one. so ill take it back in feb and will see what happens.
Old 19-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #81
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Dusty, are you going to change your signature "...love it."?
I still love it, but it's an interesting relationship at times!

Thankfully we don't get a lot of rain these days, otherwise it would be even more interesting.
Previous:
Old 10-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #82
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quick update -
Took car in on Monday, picked it up tonight. New seal around hatch fitted.

PM me if you want gruesome details of how it happened, and all I'll say is good luck trying to get it done.
Previous:
Old 11-02-2009, 09:49 AM   #83
scribbly

It's going to be a while before you can fully test it. Maybe you should drive to north Queensland.

MA Mondeo
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
Old 11-02-2009, 09:58 AM   #84
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
It's going to be a while before you can fully test it. Maybe you should drive to north Queensland.
When I get the car washed this weekend, I'll get a chance to test it then. And when I use the rear washer.

Glad to have it finally, though.
Previous:
Old 13-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #85
ian b

Received a call from CRC today saying Ford do not consider this issue to be a fault on the vehicle so will not entertain carrying out a repair.

Letter to Marin Burela (Ford CEO) in the post this afternoon, I'll keep you all informed of the progress.
Old 13-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #86
FRIKA
FRIKA

Please do. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Old 14-02-2009, 08:18 AM   #87
cammag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian b
Received a call from CRC today saying Ford do not consider this issue to be a fault on the vehicle so will not entertain carrying out a repair.

Letter to Marin Burela (Ford CEO) in the post this afternoon, I'll keep you all informed of the progress.
How can Ford Aust not consider it a problem?

Although, I owned a Magna before this car and we had a terrible time with a heap of niggly faults that were slowly getting worse over of time. And dealers just were not interested. So after 10 months of trying to sort something out I wrote directly to MMAL CEO Tom Phillips. Surprised the crap out of me when he actually called and not 5 minutes after that phone call the QLD state mangager called. All the faults were fixed with 3 weeks.

Good luck.
Old 14-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #88
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Unbelievable. Ford UK clearly regard this as a fault and are fitting new rear windows and seals - see this thread: http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/show...d/785014/tp/1/. What is different in Australia?
Old 14-02-2009, 10:58 PM   #89
ian b

I was just reading the same forum. I may e-mail the link to Ford CRC cc to Ford CEO with a "get your finger out" suggestion.
Old 17-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #90
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
I was just reading the same forum. I may e-mail the link to Ford CRC cc to Ford CEO with a "get your finger out" suggestion.
I used the European forum too, as the jokers out here said they didn't know of the fault. I also used the Euro forum to suggest to the dealer that it was indeed possible to get the autolock feature implemented.

Good luck.
Previous: