Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 04-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #61
Zippy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
lol a NRMA serviceman will flip when he sees the capless fueling system let alone fill it up,oh and changing the wheel could be a problem if the locking socket is lost ;)

apstar
Aha! Maybe Ford cannot offer roadside on the Mondeo *because* the outsourced roadside assist couldn't guarantee that they could help... Capless refuelling being something that they don't support (like how the guys at the Apple shops won't/can't help you to get Windows onto your Mac)
Old 08-08-2008, 08:58 AM   #62
TheColonel

Had the good old immobilizer failure this morning when i stopped to get fuel on the way to work, disconnected the battery for 5 mins and the car started when i recoonected it thank god... time to have a pleasant discussion with ford crc again
Old 08-08-2008, 09:09 AM   #63
Katoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7
..... Capless refuelling being something that they don't support ...
I maybe a bit thick but I don't understand this: is it referring to the diesel Mondeos?
Katoomba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2008, 09:31 AM   #64
TheColonel

All mondeo's are set-up as what they call capless as you know you have no fuel cap, you have a flap then you just shove in the nozzle... some bright spark within ford roadside assistance can't spend a couple dollars to supply their contacted people with a little nozzle to fit in there so they can refuel you, as you know if the nozzle is not the right size the fuel flap will not open.... madness... if i ever had to call roadside assist about running out of fuel well, that's something those guys shouldn't have to deal with anyway unless it was a mechanical fault and not human stupidity, sounds like another LAME excuse
Old 08-08-2008, 09:35 AM   #65
Katoomba

Thanks, Colonel. So the NRMA can't refuel you as well as Ford's roadside contracters?
Old 08-08-2008, 09:37 AM   #66
TheColonel

i don't think the nrma would be much help either, unless they have a nozzle to fit in your car the same size as the actual nozzle at the bowser... diesel people are lucky here, as they have an adapter that converts the larger hi-flow nozzles to the regular diesel nozzle so they have a fighting chance if they ever run out...
Old 08-08-2008, 09:40 AM   #67
Katoomba

Time to look for a funnel or something similar which is the same size as a servo nozzle.

Thanks for taking the time to explain.

Cheers.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:52 AM   #68
wjf

I picked up my TDCi hatch last week and I asked my dealer about an adapter for the high flow diesel nozzles as I read about it on this forum in several threads. They knew nothing about it...

I have been fairly happy with my dealer experience - but are they mistaken? if so I will give them a spray!
wjf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2008, 11:48 AM   #69
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjf
I picked up my TDCi hatch last week and I asked my dealer about an adapter for the high flow diesel nozzles as I read about it on this forum in several threads. They knew nothing about it...

I have been fairly happy with my dealer experience - but are they mistaken? if so I will give them a spray!
The adapter should be in the spare wheel well - that's where mine was.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:01 PM   #70
wjf

Thanks Superoo, I'll check it out tonight...

You must be the other Mondeo I see in Melbourne. It's a TDCi hatch in Silver (so not you then)...hey there's three of us!

I have the Sea Grey!
wjf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2008, 02:17 PM   #71
Zippy7

Hey guys, this is a photo of the empty spot in the wheel well where you would find it if you had a diesel. There is none as mine is an XR5.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:27 PM   #72
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjf

You must be the other Mondeo I see in Melbourne. It's a TDCi hatch in Silver (so not you then)...hey there's three of us!

I have the Sea Grey!
If it's got Euro plates it's me. I did see a silver one in Little Burke street today.

Does anyone else have trouble with diesel pump cutting in and out? I have to use the h flow adaptor and then can't put it all the way in (insert childish giggle), as it keeps clicking off. Lucky for me, my missus doesn't have to fill up, she would have no idea.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2008, 02:41 PM   #73
Ducati888
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The best thing you can do is to stay away from Ford dealers and find a really good quality service centre to look after your car. It will not void your warranty if the mechanic you choose is licenced, regardless of what the dealers tell you. The ACCC saw to that years ago. If a dealer says that it does affect your warranty then call them a dirty stinking liar in front of all their customers and go elsewhere.

Ford dealers really suck. Only take it to them when you need warranty fixes.
Ducati888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2008, 03:24 PM   #74
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7
Hey guys, this is a photo of the empty spot in the wheel well where you would find it if you had a diesel. There is none as mine is an XR5.

That's because most dealers will take it out and place it in the glove box I have used it twice so it saves you from lifting the wheel out each time

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2008, 03:29 PM   #75
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati888
The best thing you can do is to stay away from Ford dealers and find a really good quality service centre to look after your car. It will not void your warranty if the mechanic you choose is licenced, regardless of what the dealers tell you. The ACCC saw to that years ago. If a dealer says that it does affect your warranty then call them a dirty stinking liar in front of all their customers and go elsewhere.

Ford dealers really suck. Only take it to them when you need warranty fixes.
Is your good quality service centre going to get updates from Ford about issues with your car! unless you hear it from someone else you may never know of any issues that they put out to be fixed

apstar
Old 08-08-2008, 05:35 PM   #76
TheColonel

Quote:
Is your good quality service centre going to get updates from Ford about issues with your car! unless you hear it from someone else you may never know of any issues that they put out to be fixed

apstar
That's a good point, and there have been a couple of updates for the tdci already and some important ones to come for the XR5
Old 09-08-2008, 08:10 AM   #77
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjf

I have the Sea Grey!
I'm one of the other TDCi's in Melbourne on occasion. With the exception that I live in country north with the roos & echidnas.
Hey Dusty, I got the auto locking activated as well. It's actually reassuring to have the doors auto lock in this manner.
It's an absolute joy to talk to the dealers with a bit of knowledge up your sleeve. I think they appreciate the technical interest from the customer.

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2008, 06:42 PM   #78
monkeyboy666

Leaned on my centre console today and noticed that it moved sideways.. Checked the bolts holding it and found that the rear drivers side one had about 3mm of thread still to screw in - which I did. I hope theres nothing similar going on in the engine!
monkeyboy666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2008, 01:25 PM   #79
wjf

Superoo - you were spot on...the high flow diesel adaptor was exactly where you said it was! Why didn't my dealer know that???

Came in handy too, my local servo only has one diesel pump and it's a high flow...not nice to use but at least I got fuel in the car. At least the bigger servos in my area have the low flow diesel pumps.

Scribbly - glad to hear there are a few more Mondeo's in Melbourne, I havent seen a Tonic in the flesh yet.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:06 PM   #80
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColonel
That's a good point, and there have been a couple of updates for the tdci already and some important ones to come for the XR5

What are the updates for the XR5?
Old 13-08-2008, 04:28 PM   #81
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbly
I'm one of the other TDCi's in Melbourne on occasion. With the exception that I live in country north with the roos & echidnas.
Hey Dusty, I got the auto locking activated as well. It's actually reassuring to have the doors auto lock in this manner.
It's an absolute joy to talk to the dealers with a bit of knowledge up your sleeve. I think they appreciate the technical interest from the customer.
That auto locking is great. Pity it doesn't go on when you are reversing though. Hope they didn't charge you to do it!
I'm up the Calder all the time. I'll keep an eye out for you.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 07:46 PM   #82
scribbly

If you see the car up the Calder it'll be between the Macedon turn-off and the Romsey exit except for the fact my wife will be driving. :
I'm stuck in NZ at the moment and I've noticed they have the Mondeo Estate here as well - still not very common though!

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2008, 01:26 PM   #83
Ducati888
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

apstar
Maybe not but they are not completely out of the loop. If Ford have that many issues that need to be fixed you'd hear about it by mail from your purchasing dealer wouldn't you?

I'd rather have quality, thorough services done properly than some poorly trained monkey just ticking boxes on the service manual and not taking the initiative to actually tighten things, lube cables, etc. just because the book doesn't tell them to.
Old 21-08-2008, 03:18 PM   #84
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I totally agree with you but how does it work,does your service centre contacts the dealer or Ford then the process to access the bulletin,get the parts [assuming they are being helpful] and what if it needs special tools to access the repair,and what if it's a firmware update to the computer that requires software on a laptop

apstar
Old 22-08-2008, 01:31 PM   #85
Ducati888
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile

Quote:
I totally agree with you but how does it work,does your service centre contacts the dealer or Ford then the process to access the bulletin,get the parts [assuming they are being helpful] and what if it needs special tools to access the repair,and what if it's a firmware update to the computer that requires software on a laptop

apstar
If its a warranty repair that requires parts it would go back to the dealer. If its a warranty repair that requires parts but the owner has to pay for labour the dealer would send the parts out free to the service centre.

Don't be under the impression that Fords have more high tech software or computers than any other makes. Similarly - there's very rarely a 'special tool' required that isn't freely available to the industry as well. What would they be, anyway? Nothing more than a Torx or an allen key most of the time. The computers and programs, as well as the ability to upgrade are generic in a lot of cases, particularly if you are talking about garden variety and generally low tech stuff like Falcons & Mondeos. There is a network that service centres are able to freely tap in to to get these kinds of upgrades. C'mon - they're Fords, not Ferarris.
Old 22-08-2008, 03:13 PM   #86
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
.......The computers and programs, as well as the ability to upgrade are generic in a lot of cases, particularly if you are talking about garden variety and generally low tech stuff like Falcons & Mondeos. There is a network that service centres are able to freely tap in to to get these kinds of upgrades. C'mon - they're Fords, not Ferarris.
............that is just too damn funny…….. thanks mate, you made my day!
paulie0735 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2008, 03:44 PM   #87
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The computers and programs, as well as the ability to upgrade are generic in a lot of cases, particularly if you are talking about garden variety and generally low tech stuff like Falcons & Mondeos. There is a network that service centres are able to freely tap in to to get these kinds of upgrades. C'mon - they're Fords, not Ferarris.
So where can I get them then!

apstar
Old 28-08-2008, 08:14 PM   #88
MRJUCY
Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superoo
The adapter should be in the spare wheel well - that's where mine was.
That's a relief the first of our Mondeos at work arrived today & we were wondering how we were going to fill them as our on-site pump is high flow.
Still might be worth changing but it would annoy our truck drivers then.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2008, 08:55 PM   #89
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Most diesel pumps now days are dual flow types keeps everyone happy my local servo has both Low & High flow nozzles in the one pump

apstar
Old 29-08-2008, 10:34 AM   #90
TheColonel

Got this little gem of info from Benno289:

Thought you might be able to circulate this solution to the capless dilemma (for the petrol mondeo owners out there.) I was another genius who believed in the DTE gauge, only to come unstuck in metro Melb in peak hour. RACV turned up and freaked out when I showed him the capless system BUT after some lateral thinking, he punched a hole in one of the plastic circular caps that cover his new car batteries - it fitted like a glove in the neck of the tank, the hose went in and away I went. Safe to say that cap is now an indispensable part of my car tool kit! Circular plastic bottle lids would also serve the same purpose - nothin' but high-tech solutions for me!