Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Performance Vehicles Club of Tasmania > General Discussions

Old 12-05-2007, 05:27 PM   #1
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Default Who are we? and what do we do....

Hello All,

Just a little info for you about our club and what we do.

The FPV / Tickford and XR Club of Tasmania caters for owners of Ford Falcon models EB (1992) to current XR6's, XR6T's, XR8's (Sedans, Wagons and Utes), all of the Tickford series of cars and the current FPV model range. XR4 Fiesta, XR5T Focus and Mondeo’s. Whilst the club was formed for late model Fords, ealry model Falcons and GT's are also welcome in the club.

Full Membership – Available to owners and part owners of genuine vehicles matching the listing above. Full voting rights (at meetings, elections etc) and allowed to stand for election for club executive positions.

Full Family Membership – As per Full Membership and also covers immediate members of the owner’s family (partner, children over the age of 18 all living at the registered address).

General Membership – Are available for those that do not own one of the above listed vehicles but do own a ford vehicle that is of the same model range (eg. EB Fairmont Ghia etc.) and have a genuine interest in Ford / FPV / Tickford vehicles. Full voting rights (at meetings, elections etc) and allowed to stand for election for club executive positions.

General Family Membership – As per General membership and also covers immediate members of the owner’s family (partner, children over the age of 18 all living at the registered address).

The club has a number of functions throughout the year and hold meetings approximately every six weeks at locations throughout the state.

These events can be anything from car show displays, time trials at race tracks, combined display events with participating Ford dealers, family fun days, interstate road trips and just about anything else which will help fly the Ford flag.

Ford more information check out our club website www.tastickfordclub.asn.au or send me a PM or send an email to info@tastickfordclub.asn.au

Cheers
Tim

2010 FPV F6 Ute
2016 FGX XR6 Sprint
2020 PX3 Ranger Wildtrak

Last edited by TICK4D-TAS; 01-09-2014 at 07:57 PM.
TICK4D-TAS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2007, 08:46 PM   #2
cortEA

Hi guys/gals,
Nice to see we finally have our OWN discussion forum. Good job Tim for organising it for us. Can't wait till the go kart day is gonna be another good one and a little bit wet for those mad drifts!!!! Will see ya's all there

Cheers Corey

Missus car: 04 Subaru Impreza RS with fully sic cannon

Drag car: '76 TD Cortina, 4.0 AU motor, 4 spd single rail, 4 puck solid centre brass button clutch, 17" chromies, 600*300*76 FMIC, Garrett TB 4133 Turbo, BA XR6T inj's, Malpassi, Walbro etc etc...
cortEA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2007, 11:31 PM   #3
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Might I add that the Club has also been involved in a few regular interstate trips (recent trip included FPV Open day - Adelaide 500)
Let's keep the club chat positive eh......
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 11:27 AM   #4
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I have a question. And Ive asked before but I haven't been convinced.

Is my Ghia a tickford car? IF its not then I dont mind, but does that mean I cannot be a member?

It looks like I will be moving to Tassie in a few months, and my time will be split between Hobart and Launceston. It would be good to see a few nice Fords.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 04:27 PM   #5
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
I have a question. And Ive asked before but I haven't been convinced.

Is my Ghia a tickford car? IF its not then I dont mind, but does that mean I cannot be a member?

It looks like I will be moving to Tassie in a few months, and my time will be split between Hobart and Launceston. It would be good to see a few nice Fords.
hey if its a ghia with the tickford motor and drive train then that is fine to become a full member, but even if its not we will still welcome you as a general member.
2010 FPV F6 Ute
2016 FGX XR6 Sprint
2020 PX3 Ranger Wildtrak
Old 16-05-2007, 04:50 PM   #6
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TICK4D-TAS
hey if its a ghia with the tickford motor and drive train then that is fine to become a full member, but even if its not we will still welcome you as a general member.
Excellent, most certainly is a genuine factory tickford ghia, like all EL's and EF2's.

I look forward to meeting up with you guys on day. I went to the Launceston Car Museum yesterday, its rather small, but it wasn't that bad. Alot of 20's and 30's stuff which I admire, but not really into.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 06:36 PM   #7
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
I went to the Launceston Car Museum yesterday, its rather small, but it wasn't that bad. Alot of 20's and 30's stuff which I admire, but not really into.
yeah its not too bad. but it doesnt change very often.
2010 FPV F6 Ute
2016 FGX XR6 Sprint
2020 PX3 Ranger Wildtrak
Old 20-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
tassie devil

hi iam a fg xr6 owner from hobart can i be a full member.if so can you tell me how to apply.
tassie devil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2009, 06:03 AM   #9
HSE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassie devil
hi iam a fg xr6 owner from hobart can i be a full member.if so can you tell me how to apply.
Hello

Yes you most certainly can.

You can request the membership form to be sent to you or you are most very welcome to come along to an event and join on the day.

info@tastickfordclub.asn.au

The opening post in this thread contains details of the club website. We are in the process of planning the club calendar for 2009. The next function will be in Go karts in Launceston on the 8th of Feb. Full calendar will be up in the next few weeks.

Hope to see you soon.

Ian
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2009, 10:05 AM   #10
XR8AUII-TAS

I have member ship forms in hobart as well :P
XR8AUII-TAS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2014, 07:58 PM   #11
Blown GT
Starter Motor

Default Re: Who are we? and what do we do....

G'day guys the missus and I are planning on moving to Tasmania next year after the GT Nationals. Our current rides are Blown BA GT(Manderin), Black R SPEC and Black XA. Would love to come and introduce ourselves when we get there and may even meet some of you at the Nationals in Melbourne. I'm currently President of the GT club in WA, so if you could advise if there is still a dedicated GT club in Tassie for my old girl it would be much appreciated. Best regards Rob
Blown GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2014, 07:48 PM   #12
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Howdy Rob,

you have some awesome rides listed, it will be great to see them here in Tassie

If you send an email through to info@tastickfordclub.asn.au i will be able to send through some club docs.

Whilst our name lists the late model FPV, Tickford and XR models, there are quite a few members in the club that have early model GT's and fairlanes.
2010 FPV F6 Ute
2016 FGX XR6 Sprint
2020 PX3 Ranger Wildtrak
Old 02-09-2014, 10:54 AM   #13
Blown GT
Starter Motor

Thanks. Will send email.
FG GTP MKII 335(White)
BA XR8 ute(Lightning Strike)
Blown GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post