Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 22-10-2005, 08:40 PM   #1
Black Panther

Default Indy Fever

Well after spending all day friday at the track there was plenty happening on & off the track. With Craig Lowndes on the pace early in the session it was looking promising untill he missed judged a corner which ended up putting him tenth for the shootout. Although the rain came down most of the day he managed 6th which put him in a better spot for today's race, he did a great job to finish 2nd behind Murphy. After a disappointing end to bathurst Ambrose ran into more trouble : when he had clutch problems on the first lap and ended up with another DNF along with Todd Kelly :evil_laug who had engine problems not long after. As for Rusty he is now looking good for that championship and he knows it, : sitting on the second row next to his idol tomorrow :thebirds: he will be focused on bringing his car home in one piece and getting as many points he can get his hands on. Off the track well what can I say, : even though it was raining on Friday you just had to look up at the high rises to see the ladies with their white pointers out for everyone to see :sm_headba . The atmosphere down there was unbelievable with people and flags hanging over verandah's, guy's getting some help walking after a little to much alcohol consumed : and did I mention the Donut Girls. ;) All the best to Craig & Rusty on the race tomorrow, after checking the points after today Craig is catching Todd in the championship and can finish with FORD 1,2,3 "GO FORD" :eclipsee_

Black Panther is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2005, 09:04 PM   #2
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

geez...sounds like an eventful day Dean, plenty to see on and off the track . I haven't been there myself but from what i've heard there's plenty of off track activities : I have to say when i saw the smoke pour out the back of the 22 car i breathed a sigh of relief, go Rusty and Lowndes!

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2005, 10:02 PM   #3
Dodge
i like to be stroked

indy shouldnt run the V8's the track has no real safe overtaking points , im waiting for some one th be killed by flying car parts .
Old 23-10-2005, 06:17 PM   #4
Black Panther

Congratulation to Craig Lowndes, :sm_headba what a great race & it has been confirmed 1,2,3 FORD are leading the championship. Phillip Island "BRING IT ON" :
Black Panther is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 09:03 PM   #5
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Talking Only 2 left

Yes i would also like to say GOOD ON YA LOWNDSY. Hope it will stay that way for the rest of the season. Good race. Only simmons plains and PHILLIP ISLAND to go. Then its bye bye Marcos and pirtek.

Rolling back in my au forte
*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

Still got a V8 but wanting to offload the shell if anyone is interested PM me.

(1993 EB body, some minor marks, full interior (electrics need attention) NO MOTOR, gearbox needs 5th. Make offer.

Also in the shed is a 3.9ltr straight six (1990 EA). headers, crow cam, 5spd manual included. may need minor rebuild. Again make offer

WHIPLASH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 09:06 PM   #6
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
WHIPLASH Yes i would also like to say GOOD ON YA LOWNDSY. Hope it will stay that way for the rest of the season. Good race. Only simmons plains and PHILLIP ISLAND to go. Then its bye bye Marcos and pirtek.
and what a sad day that is actually going to be.... I for one will still follow Marcus and wish him the best, but am going to miss him from the V8s

congrats to CL for a fantastic win :
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2005, 09:19 PM   #7
Screwball
Starter Motor

Managed to get a little footage (more than what is shown here of course) this was taken just before Race 1 on Saturday...

http://members.westnet.com.au/screwball/Indy.avi

It is about 6mb

Divx Codec....

Enjoyed my day throughly only that a bloody Holden won Race 1...

SB
Screwball is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post