Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 23-09-2005, 12:34 PM   #1
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Newbie here

Hi,

Was checking out the FPV web site today and found your contact details about the XR Club (I hope I'm in the right place!). I am very interested in joining your group, so what do I need to do? I own a late 2004 XR8 Boss 260 in Shockwave (16,000km). I tried the phone numbers etc, but they were disconnected, and the web site, which was down. If you want a web site up again, let me know as that is what I do for a living (I'll do it for free of course): http://www.ashpetersendesign.com/

Also, did you guys do a Maleny/Montville etc area trip about a month ago? I was down that way not long ago and saw many Fords doing a club trip.

Looking forward to joining you guys!

Ash

www.ashpetersendesign.com/XR8

Last edited by WILDTRAKPX2; 23-09-2005 at 01:24 PM. Reason: add signature
WILDTRAKPX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 01:06 PM   #2
DeepPockets GTP
Starter Motor

Hi Aussie Bloke,

Welcome & yes you are in the right place. The club would love to welcome you into the fold.

We do have a Gold Coast Hinterland cruise on this Sunday if you interested. Please check your email for contact details.

Looking forward to meeting you

Don T
Interim VP
XR6 & XR8 Club of Qld
Old 23-09-2005, 01:51 PM   #3
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the email Don, and nice talking to you and your wife. Count me in!

I hope to be there on Sunday.
Old 23-09-2005, 02:48 PM   #4
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Default Welcome

Welcome to the Club and theres no better way to be introduced into the club than with a Cruise!!! the cruise were doing will be a goodie (all cruises are) but this ones in my neck of the woods and i have done it a few times!
Look forward to meeting you
:1syellow1
Old 23-09-2005, 03:08 PM   #5
747FLI

Hey there Aussie Bloke...love the title!!! Just to confirm for you....yep that was up around the Montville/Maleny area about a month ago...43 was I think the right count of XR's/Tickfords/FPV's all nose to tail...if you can make it on Sunday you'll love it for sure!

Dave
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 07:37 PM   #6
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Change of plans... my wife and kids can't make it this time, and because of my medical condition, I can't travel long distance solo. It's just I would have 5 hours travel to get there and back on top of the cruise time. Being the last day of school holidays, the traffic would be hell as well. We WILL DEFINITELY be there for the next cruise!! Have fun guys, wish I was coming too!

Last edited by WILDTRAKPX2; 24-09-2005 at 03:56 PM.