Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Old 27-04-2022, 10:14 PM   #1
Fee
Starter Motor

Default 2004 BA XR6 window & door seals etc

Hi all
Looking for help please. Need to replace my door seals & want to do all at the same time - unfortunately I’m at a loss as to where I can purchase replacement seals.
I also need to replace both interior rear door arm rests (handles) as they have just snapped off when my son was closing the doors (no he’s not the hulk 😁) - do I need to replace the whole door card or can the arm rests be replaced on their own? And any ideas on where to purchase these? I have tried numerous sites with no success.
Many thanks 😊
Fee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2022, 10:41 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: 2004 BA XR6 window & door seals etc

Are you referring to the door seals on the actual door or on the door opening on the body. I can help you get on door seals, the on body ones are no longer available. What month 2004 is your vehicle as the door seals changed in 11/2004.

As for the door handle its part of the door trim and not sold separate although I do believe you can change them if you get a good second hand door trim and swap them over. Look on eBay, wreckers, gum tree FB pages etc.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-04-2022, 02:53 PM   #3
Fee
Starter Motor

Thanks GT Legend - I’m fairly sure my car is March 2004 build - how much for the on door seals?
I will keep looking around the usual traps for the door handle - they seem to be as rare as tits on a bull 😂
Thanks again
Old 28-04-2022, 07:47 PM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee View Post
Thanks GT Legend - I’m fairly sure my car is March 2004 build - how much for the on door seals?
I will keep looking around the usual traps for the door handle - they seem to be as rare as tits on a bull 😂
Thanks again
Would need to confirm as some need to be sourced via old dealer stock but below is a guide:

RHF $140
LHF only the 11/2004 on is available, Your one is obsolete.
RHR $110
LHR $160
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2022, 09:21 PM   #5
Fee
Starter Motor

Thanks GT Legend - will confirm soon - car is presently at my mechanic getting a heart transplant 😩💙