Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2023, 07:28 PM   #19531
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metdevil View Post
And yet six deaths? So these guys refused the advice of medical professionals right to the end? At least they're consistent...
But out of the 1435 vaccinated that were admitted, 105 in ICU and 83 deaths, that's not good either,
non vaccinated it states no admission and no ICU, so these could be people that died but had Covid in their system when the autopsy was performed, they could have died in a car crash or had a stroke whatever, as there was no admission does not say they fought it to the end it just says that they were not admitted for Covid.

The way I read it, is that the non vaccinated are not being admitted to hospital, they are not clogging up the ICU's, its the vaccinated that seems to be the problem and it seems the more doses you have had the more chance you have of being admitted the figures speak for themselves.
admitted, ICU, deaths
Four or more doses 810 58 53
Three doses 377 29 19
Two doses 218 17 9
One dose 10 1 1
No dose 0 0 6
Unknown 364 35 7
Total 1779 140 95

Last edited by prktkljokr; 07-01-2023 at 07:36 PM.
This user likes this post:
Old 07-01-2023, 07:37 PM   #19532
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
LOL, so they say, it seems that this Covid affects different people in different ways.

Me= not vaccinated had Covid, to me no worse than a flu, over it in 5 days.
Wife= not vaccinated only minor symptoms the first time, this time just a throat tickle, just went on as normal.
Mother in law= not vaccinated, only had a headache and was fine.
Son= 1st vaccination only, same as the wife no problems at all.
Neighbour= fully vaccinated, to him it was the end of the world, 2 weeks out of action and a slow recovery.
Neighbours Wife= fully vaccinated, mild symptoms was fine after the first 2 days.
workmate=1st vaccination, had adverse reaction to the injection took 3 weeks to recover from that, then copped Covid 3 months later and also said it was no worse than a flu.

I am yet to hear from anyone in my circle of friends who know of anyone to die with it or from it yet, so I dont think its a one solution suits all and I would definitely not say that the vaccinated or the unvaccinated are any better off than each other and how can you prove that either is, as each person reacts differently to Covid and the vaccination.

Sure you will have doctors and experts with their opinions, but we all know about opinions, then there is the real facts.
Curious to know if any of these were caught in year 1?

We lost a hand full within our circle in year 1. But then no bad news in year 2 or 3 from memory.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 07-01-2023, 07:51 PM   #19533
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Curious to know if any of these were caught in year 1?

We lost a hand full within our circle in year 1. But then no bad news in year 2 or 3 from memory.
We will never know as there are way too many variables and each person reacts differently to it.
Old 07-01-2023, 07:56 PM   #19534
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
LOL, so they say, it seems that this Covid affects different people in different ways.

Me= not vaccinated had Covid, to me no worse than a flu, over it in 5 days.
Wife= not vaccinated only minor symptoms the first time, this time just a throat tickle, just went on as normal.
Mother in law= not vaccinated, only had a headache and was fine.
Son= 1st vaccination only, same as the wife no problems at all.
Neighbour= fully vaccinated, to him it was the end of the world, 2 weeks out of action and a slow recovery.
Neighbours Wife= fully vaccinated, mild symptoms was fine after the first 2 days.
workmate=1st vaccination, had adverse reaction to the injection took 3 weeks to recover from that, then copped Covid 3 months later and also said it was no worse than a flu.

I am yet to hear from anyone in my circle of friends who know of anyone to die with it or from it yet, so I dont think its a one solution suits all and I would definitely not say that the vaccinated or the unvaccinated are any better off than each other and how can you prove that either is, as each person reacts differently to Covid and the vaccination.

Sure you will have doctors and experts with their opinions, but we all know about opinions, then there is the real facts.
In the long run it will not be opinions but statistics that will determine the severity of covid and the vaccines and to what effects it had on us.
At the end of the day, it your choice for your own destiny.

Cheers
Old 07-01-2023, 08:00 PM   #19535
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
In the long run it will not be opinions but statistics that will determine the severity of covid and the vaccines and to what effects it had on us.

Cheers
But we will still be told what is good for us whether it is or not, there is no definite proof that it does and there is no proof that it doesn't, like you say its time that will reveal the real truth and its affects.
Old 07-01-2023, 08:10 PM   #19536
Metdevil

Quote:
non vaccinated it states no admission and no ICU, so these could be people that died but had Covid in their system when the autopsy was performed, they could have died in a car crash or had a stroke whatever, as there was no admission does not say they fought it to the end it just says that they were not admitted for Covid.
"Deaths may be excluded if there was a clear alternative cause of death that was unrelated to COVID-19"

Quote:
it seems the more doses you have had the more chance you have of being admitted the figures speak for themselves.
You should google Simpson's Paradox. There are more people who are up to date with their vaccines, so of course there are more of them winding up in hospital.

Last edited by Metdevil; 07-01-2023 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-01-2023, 08:11 PM   #19537
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I remember state, federal and world leaders telling us over and over that it is a pandemic of the unvaccinated. Doesn't seem to be the case any more.
Old 07-01-2023, 08:27 PM   #19538
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute83 View Post
I remember state, federal and world leaders telling us over and over that it is a pandemic of the unvaccinated. Doesn't seem to be the case any more.
Certainly still seems to be the case in the US.
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/u...country=~50%2B
Old 07-01-2023, 08:44 PM   #19539
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
"Deaths may be excluded if there was a clear alternative cause of death that was unrelated to COVID-19"
No, if you have Covid in your system when you die you are a Covid statistic, you may not have died from Covid but you died with Covid.

This is why we have Covid deaths added to the statistic weeks after the person died.

It seems by the statistics, that you are more likely to be hospitalised and to die with Covid if you are 70 years old or older, a lot of these people have died from other causes but had Covid at the time, so it is recorded as a Covid death.

Quote:
You should google Simpson's Paradox. There are more people who are up to date with their vaccines, so of course there are more of them winding up in hospital.
Doesnt this seem strange to you that they vaccinate you for something but you still get it and end up in hospital?

Remember when they used to cure disease and vaccinations actually worked, hmmm, that does not seem to be the case now does it?
Old 07-01-2023, 08:49 PM   #19540
Metdevil

Quote:
No, if you have Covid in your system when you die you are a Covid statistic, you may not have died from Covid but you died with Covid.
Well that's just directly contradictory to the report that you quoted.
Old 07-01-2023, 08:53 PM   #19541
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Certainly still seems to be the case in the US.
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/u...country=~50%2B
Check out their legal disclaimer

Quote:
Legal disclaimer
To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, Our World in Data offers the websites and services as-is and makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the websites or services, express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or noninfringement. Our World in Data does not warrant that the functions or content contained on the website or services will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that Our World in Data servers are free of viruses or other harmful components. Our World in Data does not warrant or make any representation regarding use or the result of use of the content in terms of accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.

Except to the extent required by applicable law and then only to that extent, in no event will Our World in Data, or the people working on and related to this website (“the Our World in Data parties”) be liable to you on any legal theory for any incidental, direct, indirect, punitive, actual, consequential, special, exemplary or other damages, including without limitation, loss of revenue or income, lost profits, pain and suffering, emotional distress, cost of substitute goods or services, or similar damages suffered or incurred by you or any third party that arise in connection with the websites or services (or the termination thereof for any reason), even if the Our World in Data parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages.

The Our World in Data parties shall not be responsible or liable whatsoever in any manner for any content posted on the websites or services (including claims of infringement relating to content posted on the websites or services, for your use of the websites and services, or for the conduct of third parties whether on the websites, in connection with the services or otherwise relating to the websites or services.
So they can publish utter rubbish if they like and even if they are wrong or are making the whole thing up they can
Old 07-01-2023, 09:01 PM   #19542
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Well that's just directly contradictory to the report that you quoted.
No Its not, died "FROM" Covid is different than died "WITH" Covid, but they both go into the same statistic when you die.
Old 07-01-2023, 09:04 PM   #19543
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How can anyone draw any conclusions, either way, when the definition of "vaccinated" is not what it was 18 months ago?

Assuming "vaccinated" means anyone who has had 2 shots. Most people would have had their 2nd shot during the mandated period. That was some 18 months ago. "Experts" told us that efficacy wanes to pretty much useless a few months afterwards, which has now LONG passed. So anyone who hasn't had a booster lately should be counted as "unvaccincated"..........but I bet they aren't.

So either that "experts" were telling porkies when they said the efficacy wanes to nothing after a few months, or the stats of vaccinated vs unvaccinated is now unreliable?

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 07-01-2023, 09:51 PM   #19544
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What I don't understand is how after a couple of years, these people can't get on the ****en same page.

First it was that we're not going to test Chinese travellers and then not much after that we are going to. The CMO comes out and says that it was against medical advice. FFS get your **** together please!

I mean I was trying to even figure out my updated status the other day but depends on your age and whether it is recommended, not available.

I have the 2 dose main course plus one booster. I caught the rona in September so I could get a 4th if I wanted to but it's not recommended.

And by that I mean they don't say I should get the 4th but also say I don't have too. It's available

So technically I'm up to date and that's enough for me. I don't bother paying much attention and won't until something really significant happens.
2 users like this post:
Old 07-01-2023, 10:28 PM   #19545
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
How can anyone draw any conclusions, either way, when the definition of "vaccinated" is not what it was 18 months ago?

Assuming "vaccinated" means anyone who has had 2 shots. Most people would have had their 2nd shot during the mandated period. That was some 18 months ago. "Experts" told us that efficacy wanes to pretty much useless a few months afterwards, which has now LONG passed. So anyone who hasn't had a booster lately should be counted as "unvaccincated"..........but I bet they aren't.

So either that "experts" were telling porkies when they said the efficacy wanes to nothing after a few months, or the stats of vaccinated vs unvaccinated is now unreliable?
Vaccinated means from the very first jab then ongoing booster shots when recommended by health authorities, well that my definition of it.
I have had the 4 recommended shots and will take advise from my treating doctor if there are any more recommended booster shots when I see him next on my regular visit to him.

Cheers

PS: To date my wife and I have had not been infected by Covid as far as we are aware of and hopefully, we don't.
Old 07-01-2023, 10:59 PM   #19546
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To be honest I'm over the whole thing ......just do what you think is right for you and your family situation.....the whole thing has been twisted into such a beurecratic conspiracle nightmare by all sorts of people with different agendas ,most people know what's the right thing to do......after four years or however long it's been and you still haven't figured out what's right for you then flip a coin ,.....but the non believers still have a crusade to convert the rest .....and here we go on and on and on

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
3 users like this post:
Old 07-01-2023, 11:34 PM   #19547
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post
.....but the non believers still have a crusade to convert the rest .....and here we go on and on and on
This is the thing, who is right, the ones that listen to what they are fed, or the ones that dont want to listen, each have their own agenda.

I'm on the fence here I dont care either way, but I do know im not letting them stick stuff into me that they rushed through in 6 months with a little rushed testing, we are the lab rats here.
Old 07-01-2023, 11:46 PM   #19548
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Quote:
No Its not, died "FROM" Covid is different than died "WITH" Covid, but they both go into the same statistic when you die.
In some cases it comes down to the rules of the country collecting the statistics.

In Australia if there its a clear cut irrefutable non covid related cause of death even while infected with covid it will not be counted as a statistic.

So if the death is from trauma after running your car into a tree at high speed, are shot or commit suicide for instance while infected with covid its NOT counted as a covid death for statistic purposes.

But in other countries it may be. I think USA count these deaths in their statistics. Or if they aren't anymore they were originally.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:15 AM   #19549
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
I'm on the fence here I dont care either way, but I do know im not letting them stick stuff into me that they rushed through in 6 months with a little rushed testing, we are the lab rats here.
This reminds me of the way manufacturers responded to many new Euro engine pollution specs; rush it to market and the consumer carries the can for driveline issues.

More on topic, a subtle but thorough slamming of our governments keeping a veil of secrecy over the data and modelling that was used to inform strategies. Not a good look either from a transparency viewpoint or reciprocal sharing of data with overseas contributors whose choice to publish theirs, perhaps helped us. Worth a read.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-...recy/101827548
Old 08-01-2023, 12:26 AM   #19550
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
This is the thing, who is right, the ones that listen to what they are fed, or the ones that dont want to listen, each have their own agenda.

Must have a sore butt sitting on the fence for four years ? ......if you can't decide after four years you never will......so il put you in the anti Vax camp coz they're the only ones that can't let it go ???

524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 08-01-2023, 01:27 AM   #19551
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Must have a sore butt sitting on the fence for four years ? ......if you can't decide after four years you never will......so il put you in the anti Vax camp coz they're the only ones that can't let it go ???
No sore Butt, not a anti vaxer either, as I am fully vaccinated in all the other vaccinations that have stopped me from contracting what they are meant to stop, that were all tested the right way.

I do have a few dead vaxed friends that seemed to get heart and blood problems after the vaccination, coincidence?, I dont think so, seeing that the companies that released the vaccines have even admitted that it causes these problems in some people, so they have pretty much killed these people, but a small mortality rate is ok, would you be happy if your wife, mother, father, child, sister or brother was one of these people who had a fatal reaction to the vaccine?

Did you also know that the companies that make these vaccines that you are taking are exempt from any prosecution resulting from said vaccine?
Old 08-01-2023, 07:00 AM   #19552
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post

So if the death is from trauma after running your car into a tree at high speed, are shot or commit suicide for instance while infected with covid its NOT counted as a covid death for statistic purposes.

But in other countries it may be. I think USA count these deaths in their statistics. Or if they aren't anymore they were originally.
You might be thinking about the UK. Very early on they were doing some "dodgey" counting. If someone died, they looked back through their medical records, and if they had a positive test within 3 weeks from date of death, it was counted as a covid death.

The example that made public headline was, a journo asked a public official that if someone got hit by a bus and died, but had tested positive to covid a week beforehand, would that be in the covid statistics, the answer was yes.

After that they changed their method to be better in line with the WHO guidelines.

Rides (past and present)

Old 08-01-2023, 08:02 AM   #19553
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
^^^ This. Every month or so they realise that no-one is paying attention and they pop back up with some desperately twisted statistic to prove that they are still relevant. Meanwhile we've all moved on...
Old 08-01-2023, 08:24 AM   #19554
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No sore Butt, not a anti vaxer either, as I am fully vaccinated in all the other vaccinations that have stopped me from contracting what they are meant to stop, that were all tested the right way.

I do have a few dead vaxed friends that seemed to get heart and blood problems after the vaccination, coincidence?, I dont think so, seeing that the companies that released the vaccines have even admitted that it causes these problems in some people, so they have pretty much killed these people, but a small mortality rate is ok, would you be happy if your wife, mother, father, child, sister or brother was one of these people who had a fatal reaction to the vaccine?

Did you also know that the companies that make these vaccines that you are taking are exempt from any prosecution resulting from said vaccine?
Did you know that this has all been discussed soooo many times ...why don't you go back and read all 19000 posts .....maybe that will get you off the fence

524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 08-01-2023, 11:12 AM   #19555
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

Did you know that there are other vaccines people can take but you can still die or have serious effects from the condition? one such example is the flu shot, and some vaccines require you take booster shots over a period of time.
Not all vaccines will protect you 100% and if you don't believe me then consult your Phyician.
Old 08-01-2023, 11:54 AM   #19556
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Did you know that this has all been discussed soooo many times ...why don't you go back and read all 19000 posts .....maybe that will get you off the fence
Im not here to change yours or anyone's mind, you can do what you like, I am on here as this is a discussion, you have your view, I have mine and your view wont get me off the fence and get me vaccinated anymore than my view will stop you getting vaccinated.

I will look at the facts though and here is why I reached my decision ( you don't even have to read it if you don't want, I don't care )

What is the vaccine going to do for ME if I take it? this is what I look at before I make decisions regarding my health, for ME the facts speak for themselves, you and others may see it differently and that's your choice.

From a random Covid vaccine website
Quote:
Prevents serious illness: COVID-19 vaccines available are safe and effective at protecting people from getting seriously ill, being hospitalized, and dying.
A safer way to build protection: Getting a COVID-19 vaccine is a safer, more reliable way to build protection than getting sick with COVID-19.
Offers added protection: COVID-19 vaccines can offer added protection to people who had COVID-19, including protection against being hospitalized from a new infection.
Just remember this is MY way of seeing it clearer.

Safer way to build protection?, pretty sure that's what everyone who has been vaccinated thought before they were vaccinated then caught Covid.
Supposedly I am less likely to contract it?, but there is no guarantee I wont, as most people that are vaccinated have.
Prevents serious illness, hmmm, the 1478 vaccinated people who were admitted to hospital in the 2 week period last month and the 83 that died in NSW thought that too?
Reliable way of getting protection, umm no, protected for 2 months only supposedly, then you are no different to the unvaccinated.
Protection against being hospitalised, pretty sure the 1478 last month thought that too.
They also say that if you have underlying health issues you should have it, well I have underlying respitory health issues, but have had Covid with no ill effects at all.

I can still contract it, vaccinated or not
I can still spread it, vaccinated or not
I can still be hospitalised from it, vaccinated or not
I can still die from it, vaccinated or not
There is no guarantee that the symptoms will be less severe, vaccinated or not
No guarantee that I will recover quickly, vaccinated or not.

Then there is the vaccine itself, it was hurried along, untested and not approved when they released it to the masses, the experts then found there were some fatal side affects in a few people and some long lasting side affects, I'm sorry I am not being a test rat and lining up for it, if it was a known working, non side affect vaccine I would be there with my sleeve rolled up, but its not there yet.

So in a nutshell its no different if I chose not to have it.

Like I said before, I have had Covid it was not that bad
Am I kicking myself for not getting vaccinated?, No
Did I spread it?, probably
Do I think the symptoms would have been less severe if I was vaccinated?, I very much doubt it.
Will I catch it again?, I would say most definitely
Will I recover?, I have no doubt now.

So do I need the vaccination?, I don't think so, I can see no benefit for ME, my family or the community if I do or don't

My family have their own thoughts, my wife weighed it up and decided to wait, mother in law who is 85 and has a liquorice assortment of health conditions weighed it up and decided no, my son decided to get vaccinated, but only for work purposes because he had to, other wise he was not fussed either way, we have all had Covid, for none of us it was severe at all, so I still stand beside MY own decision, as I would say they do too.

They are also saying you are more immune to not catching Covid after just having it, so technically I am naturally immunised by having had it.
Old 08-01-2023, 12:06 PM   #19557
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

From a random Covid vaccine website

Prevents serious illness: COVID-19 vaccines available are safe and effective at protecting people from getting seriously ill, being hospitalized, and dying.
A safer way to build protection: Getting a COVID-19 vaccine is a safer, more reliable way to build protection than getting sick with COVID-19.
Offers added protection: COVID-19 vaccines can offer added protection to people who had COVID-19, including protection against being hospitalized from a new infection.
Can we agree this statement from a random Covid vaccine website is an utter lie and history will prove this to be the case. This is the same garbage parroted by Health Agencies and Governments like Australia and the US, yet other countries are now telling their citizens to stop taking these toxic deadly tubes of puss.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2023, 12:35 PM   #19558
Work Horse
Budget Racer

This thread has jumped the shark, again...
Old 08-01-2023, 12:52 PM   #19559
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Past topics x new data ➗ new contributors = new discussion?

Rides (past and present)

Old 08-01-2023, 12:53 PM   #19560
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
Can we agree this statement from a random Covid vaccine website is an utter lie and history will prove this to be the case. This is the same garbage parroted by Health Agencies and Governments like Australia and the US, yet other countries are now telling their citizens to stop taking these toxic deadly tubes of puss.
For the last few pages this thread was buzzing along nicely with points of view sensibly put forward from both sides of the vaccine debate.

Then you came along....... Please take your venomous comments somewhere else or start behaving like a grown up.
Closed Thread