Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-11-2022, 11:36 AM   #19441
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Global case numbers are up again to 2,778,285 this week compared to the 2,394,506 last week and the number of deaths decreased slightly from an unamended 10,654 last week to 10,696 this week.
That'd be a slight increase, Russ, unless you've transposed the figures?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
This user likes this post:
Old 29-11-2022, 10:28 AM   #19442
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Global (figures up to 24/11/22)

During the last month, global CMR's have mostly been dropping with the global average now at 1.029% compared to 1.039% in the previous period and 1.993% a year ago. Notably; Azerbaijan, Bosnia, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, India, Ireland, Malta, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Portugal, Thailand and the United Kingdom all saw CMR rise.

Case numbers decrease with 11.752M in this period compared to 13.856M in the previous period with a slightly higher 47,393 deaths in the last month for a higher CMR of 0.403% on an unadjusted basis.

Overall the increase in cases numbers was 1.8% and the variance in the number of deaths only 0.71%.

Countries (with >100k cases) that were above 4% growth for the month are China (+14.2%); Hong Kong (+9.2%); Japan (+9.0%); Taiwan (+8.8%); South Korea (+5.5%); New Zealand (+4.5%); Singapore (+4.2%); Greece (+4.2%) and Finland (+4.2%).

Very few countries saw their mortalities increase by much with Taiwan (+12.4%); Finland (+11.8%); Japan (+5.2%); New Zealand (+4.8%) and South Korea (+4.2%) the only significant growth amongst countries with >100k cases.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2022, 07:33 PM   #19443
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Warning: MSM report, therefore possibly fake.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-11-...ines/101710632

Tens of thousands of NSW-issued Covid fines withdrawn.

Last edited by Citroënbender; 29-11-2022 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Clarity.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2022, 09:47 PM   #19444
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Warning: MSM report, therefore possibly fake.
Certain people called that out over 2 years ago before this desperate post, and just like now you laugh at them.

Fkn glad I stood my ground and never took the jab.

But I do have sympathy for the people that were forced or coerced to take it.
6 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2022, 10:52 PM   #19445
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Heard that zombies with the plague are being released from cruise ships docked at NSW, WA and VIC.

Government advice is for them not to catch public transport home.

Ride shares and taxis are warning their staff not to pick up passengers from those docks for health and safety reasons.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-12-2022, 10:47 AM   #19446
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Australia / New Zealand
Please note that as of the 16th September the numbers are now reported weekly and all the charts have been changed to that period of time.

NSW Predictive Trend

VIC Predictive Trend

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st so that’s a full year of data now.

NSW had 9,250 more cases than Victoria last week;
Victoria recorded 4,690 more cases than the previous week;
NSW recorded 6,265 more;
Queensland recorded 1,135 more;
WA recorded 1,273 more;
SA recorded 684 more; and
New Zealand recorded 3,006 more.

The week totalled 104,376 cases, an 18.4% increase on last week.

.. trends over the last 3 months:

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 04-12-2022, 02:55 PM   #19447
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT week ending December 2nd 2022.

A higher 104,376 new cases for Australia and 124 deaths this week so the CMR is 0.151% (-).
NZ reported 27,047 cases and 58 deaths for a CMR of 0.170% (é).
The UK reported a higher 24,645 cases and lower 432 deaths this week for a CMR of 0.821 (é).
A higher 316,448 new cases in the USA this week and lower 1,780 deaths sees CMR at 1.098 (ê).

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 648M;
Europe passes 238M cases;
Asia passes 199M cases;
North America passes 119M cases;
South America passes 65M cases;
Oceania passes 13M cases;
South Korea passes 27M cases;
Japan passes 25M cases;
Turkey passes 17M cases;
Philippines passes 4M cases;

Peru moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and none drop below.

Global case numbers are up again to 2,956,484 this week compared to the 2,778,285 last week and the number of deaths increased slightly from an unamended 10,696 last week to 11,108 this week.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 10-12-2022, 12:01 PM   #19448
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand

Please note that as of the 16th September the numbers are now reported weekly and all the charts have been changed to that period of time.

NSW Predictive Trend

VIC Predictive Trend

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st so that’s more than a full year of data now.

NSW had 10,825 more cases than Victoria last week;
Victoria recorded 819 more cases than the previous week;
NSW recorded 2,398 more;
Queensland recorded 2,415 more;
WA recorded 621 more;
SA recorded 302 more; and
New Zealand recorded 7,950 more.

The week totalled 111,452 cases, a 6.8% increase on last week.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2022, 09:37 AM   #19449
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT week ending December 9th 2022.

A higher 111,452 new cases for Australia and much higher 238 deaths this week so the CMR is 0.151% (-).
NZ reported 34,997 cases and 40 deaths for a CMR of 0.169% (ê).
The UK reported a higher 28,830 cases and higher 470 deaths this week for a CMR of 0.822 (é).
A much higher 460,590 new cases in the USA this week and higher 1,995 deaths sees CMR at 1.096 (ê).

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 652M;
Global deaths pass 6.6M, the last 50k in 32 days;
Europe passes 240M cases;
Asia passes 201M cases and 1.5M deaths;
France passes 38M cases;
Malaysia passes 5M cases;

France and Slovenia move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and none drop below.

Global case numbers are up again to 3,256,831 this week compared to the 2,956,484 last week and the number of deaths decreased from an unamended 11,108 last week to 9,437 this week.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 11-12-2022, 03:36 PM   #19450
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

RANT TIME BECASUE IT WOULD SEEM I HAVE PLENTY OF TIME ON MY HANDS TO DO SO!

Why is it, that three years into this bloody thing, that we are still having to jump through hoops to get treatment for Covid.

I am very lucky to have a gardening client who has known me my whole life, he delivered me a baby and was my pediatrician when I got Type 1 Diabetes at age 6, 30 years ago. He has always looked after me when things like this crop up, even as an adult. As such, he told me a long time ago that being a Diabetic, I qualify for Paxlovid and that I should contact my doctor as soon as possible for a script.

Being a Sunday, of course that means contacting the after-hours call service and booking a phone appointment within a four hour window. Four hours later, the doctor who phoned said I didn't qualify. Once again, my client comes to my rescue with the PBS listing and eligibility criteria -

The following is a list of risk factors (conditions) contributing to the PBS definition of high risk for development of severe disease -
1. The patient is in residential aged care,
2. The patient has disability with multiple comorbidities and/or frailty,
3. Neurological conditions, including stroke and dementia and demyelinating conditions,
4. Respiratory compromise, including COPD, moderate or severe asthma (required inhaled
steroids), and bronchiectasis, or caused by neurological or musculoskeletal disease,
5. Heart failure, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathies
6. Obesity (BMI greater than 30 kg/m2),
7. Diabetes type I or II, requiring medication for glycaemic control,
8. Renal impairment (eGFR less than 60mL/min),
9. Cirrhosis, or
10. The patient has reduced, or lack of, access to higher level healthcare and lives in an area of
geographic remoteness classified by the Modified Monash Model as Category 5 or above.

So, that means another four hour wait for a phone call and argument that I do qualify. And then here's hoping that the pharmacy still open at 6.30pm has the stuff in stock. Otherwise, I can have a private script to the tune of $1159.50.

Again, why is this so hard?
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
Old 11-12-2022, 04:51 PM   #19451
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Speaking of eligibility, you’d qualify for the Japanese Encephalitis vaccine as well, right?
Old 11-12-2022, 05:04 PM   #19452
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Speaking of eligibility, you’d qualify for the Japanese Encephalitis vaccine as well, right?
According to my doctor client, yes. But my research indicated I didn't. Clearly, it takes someone who is a doctor to know where to look.
Mustang GT

Old 11-12-2022, 05:29 PM   #19453
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I qualify for Paxlovid and that I should contact my doctor as soon as possible for a script.
Fair warning with this antiviral, this might give you pause to take it.

My uncle recently contracted covid and given his age and heart health conditions he was eligible for an antiviral. I *think* Paxlovid was the one prescribed.

Either way, I believe both tablets have similar side effects. One big one being diarrhoea.

Well, poor uncle apparently wasn't aware of this. So here he was, semi-merrily drying some dishes in the kitchen when he got a bit of a rumble in the gut. Realising it was indicating a trip to the throne room he, he put the towel and plate down, lifted his foot to take a step. And before he put it down again, out it came... Apparently in a torrent, like when they open an overfull dam, and no amount of squeezing would stop the flow.

He emptied his bowels in that spot and continued to empty as he ran to the toilet... Across the carpeted family room and hall.

He said, if you've ever had the joy of preparing for a colonoscopy, this was 10 times worse than that. Just absolutely no control or ability to stop. And this is apparently a common and normal result of the side effect.

There is a chance it was made worse by the fact that as a family, we are typically and often told we are completely full of ****.

But either way, keep close to the throne room when you first down the pills and on hard surfaces... Just in case. Apparently there is difficulty in finding a carpet cleaner who wants to visit a covid riddled home to clean the poo out of your carpet.

On a side thought why you were rejected initially... There are 2 antivirals available. One has a list of medical and drug contraindications longer than both your arm and leg, which the other doesn't seem to have. Have a look at the list. Maybe it was based on a medical technicality.
4 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2022, 05:34 PM   #19454
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
Fair warning with this antiviral, this might give you pause to take it.

My uncle recently contracted covid and given his age and heart health conditions he was eligible for an antiviral. I *think* Paxlovid was the one prescribed.

Either way, I believe both tablets have similar side effects. One big one being diarrhoea.

Well, poor uncle apparently wasn't aware of this. So here he was, semi-merrily drying some dishes in the kitchen when he got a bit of a rumble in the gut. Realising it was indicating a trip to the throne room he, he put the towel and plate down, lifted his foot to take a step. And before he put it down again, out it came... Apparently in a torrent, like when they open an overfull dam, and no amount of squeezing would stop the flow.

He emptied his bowels in that spot and continued to empty as he ran to the toilet... Across the carpeted family room and hall.

He said, if you've ever had the joy of preparing for a colonoscopy, this was 10 times worse than that. Just absolutely no control or ability to stop.

There is a chance it was made worse by the fact that as a family, we are typically and often told we are completely full of ****.

But either way, keep close to the throne room when you first down the pills and on hard surfaces... Just in case. Apparently there is difficulty in finding a carpet cleaner who wants to visit a covid riddled home to clean the poo out of your carpet.

On a side thought why you were rejected initially... There are 2 antivirals available. One has a list of medical and drug contraindications longer than both your arm and leg, which the other doesn't seem to have. Have a look at the list. Maybe it was based on a medical technicality.
From what I was told by my doctor friend, Paxlovid is 90% effective, the other one 30% effective.

Why the first doctor denied my request I can only assume he interpreted the PBS rules wrong? I guess I will find out in a couple of hours.
Mustang GT

Old 11-12-2022, 07:04 PM   #19455
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All good, it was just a thought.

I was curious about the drug when uncle had his experience and was very surprised to find so many common medications on the contraindications list.

If Dad caught covid he would be definitely eligible for the pills given his heart and respiratory problems, but he wouldn't be able to take them because 4 of his meds are on the contra list. 2 of them a very common heart medications.

A third, being Cholesterol meds, would even rule me out and its listed as one having serious side effects.

Even bloody St. John’s Wort is on there. But I supposed thats a contra on almost every medication out there.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2022, 07:40 PM   #19456
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You're probably already on the phone or maybe already off it. Might save you the hours waiting...

But this would indicate your not eligible given your age.

https://www.health.gov.au/health-ale...ts/eligibility

Point 7 regarding diabetes is in the section for Senior Australians, which by my math you aren't there yet... Unless I'm missing something.

I was curious to the full price of the pills and looked it up on the PBS and saw a remark about needing to be over 70 then checked out that Fed Gov website for eligibility.
Old 11-12-2022, 08:53 PM   #19457
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
From what I was told by my doctor friend, Paxlovid is 90% effective, the other one 30% effective.
Mum took Lagevrio, it works. Testing positive on a Sunday is a bloody nuisance when you need medical attention or advice. Mum went through it.
Key thing is, keep calm, don't let the stress make it worse.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

Old 15-12-2022, 05:01 PM   #19458
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Mum took Lagevrio, it works. Testing positive on a Sunday is a bloody nuisance when you need medical attention or advice. Mum went through it.
Key thing is, keep calm, don't let the stress make it worse.
I ended up being prescribed Lageviro and have been on it for a couple of days, it seems to be working.

But.......it still took too much trouble to get what I always qualified for. Of course, there is a very good reason why these meds are not more easily obtained.................

At full price, a five-day course of this stuff costs $1120 compared to a PBS price of about $50. Now, I had the option to pay that price from the beginning, and had I not had the information from a doctor friend, I would have simply jockeyed up the cash.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2022, 11:17 AM   #19459
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand

NSW Predictive Trend

VIC Predictive Trend

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st so that’s more than a full year of data now.

NSW had 12,404 more cases than Victoria last week;
Victoria recorded 3,138 less cases than the previous week;
NSW recorded 501 more;
Queensland recorded 2,968 more;
WA recorded 759 less;
SA recorded 768 more; and
New Zealand recorded 5,074 more.

The week totalled 112,219 cases, a 0.7% increase on last week.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2022, 09:51 AM   #19460
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Predictions of up to 2.1 million deaths in China after the relaxing of the Zero Covid policy.

https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/c...b2afbe24852eb7

Quote:
“Our analysis shows if mainland China sees a similar wave to Hong Kong’s in February, its healthcare system could be pushed to capacity as there could be between 167 and 279 million cases nationwide, which could lead to between 1.3 and 2.1 million deaths,” an Airfinity spokesowman said.

In this scenario, China could see the deaths occur “over the next three months”.

“Our analysis suggests deaths could peak in January while cases may peak late December,” the spokeswoman said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 19-12-2022, 10:08 AM   #19461
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Predictions of up to 2.1 million deaths in China after the relaxing of the Zero Covid policy.

Yeah, you've got to love news.com's usual clickbait sensationalist headline.
Old 19-12-2022, 11:39 AM   #19462
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post

China has 1.4 billion people 2.1 million people will die of natural causes there too, the reporting of Covid death statistics before the event is quite exaggerated for sure, just to promote the fear factor.
4 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2022, 11:39 AM   #19463
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT week ending December 16th 2022.

A higher 112,129 new cases for Australia and 230 deaths this week so the CMR is 0.152% (é).
NZ reported 40,071 cases and 34 deaths for a CMR of 0.167% (ê).
The UK reported a higher 35,466 cases and higher 548 deaths this week for a CMR of 0.823 (é).
A higher 510,754 new cases in the USA this week and much higher 3,426 deaths sees CMR at 1.094 (ê).

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 656M;Europe passes 241M cases;
Asia passes 202M cases;
North America passes 120M cases;
South Korea passes 28M cases;
Japan passes 26M cases;
New Zealand passes 2M cases;

South Korea moves above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and no countries drop below.

Global case numbers are up again to 3,726,952 this week compared to the 3,256,831 last week and the number of deaths increased from an unamended 9,437 last week to 10,757 this week.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 19-12-2022, 11:43 AM   #19464
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
China has 1.4 billion people 2.1 million people will die of natural causes there too, the reporting of Covid death statistics before the event is quite exaggerated for sure, just to promote the fear factor.
As China seems to reinforce the ideas of collective thoughts/actions, I’d not be surprised if there was a spike in Covid-based illness with psychosomatic aggravation.
Old 19-12-2022, 12:11 PM   #19465
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

If we keep going with the rates of reported Covid deaths here in Australia we will have 11960 deaths from Covid this year, but if we go by the Australian death statistics of 2020, we will have 160000+ deaths caused by natural causes this year too, maybe we need a vaccine to stop the natural causes

Quote:
Natural causes of death
Of the 161,300 deaths in Australia in 2020, 91% were due to natural causes. These are deaths that were not due to external causes such as accidents, injury and poisoning, or due to ill-defined causes.

In 2020, 79% of natural deaths had more than 1 cause recorded on the death certificate; on average, 3.2 diseases or conditions were recorded (Table S7.1).

Factors that may affect the number of causes of death recorded include the person's age, the underlying cause of death, coding changes and variations in certification practices. See more on Multiple causes of death in Australia.
The statistics in Australia for August deaths this year is 17,419 deaths, 1,926 (12.4%) above the historical average.

The statistics put it into perspective that Covid deaths are a small percentage of deaths, but Covid is the one that is most reported on, when in reality we have more things trying to kill us than just Covid.

Information gleaned from the sites below.

https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/he...latest-release

https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/life...auses-of-death
Old 19-12-2022, 12:18 PM   #19466
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Yeah, you've got to love news.com's usual clickbait sensationalist headline.
There's other sources that are reporting similar stories (albeit with slightly less figures) and using other sources for the expected calculations. So, yes, the headline that news.com.au ran with might be sensationalist, but look past the headline at the body of the article.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sto...ths-predicted/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-64018467

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr
Yep, and now there'll be between 1 and 2.1 (depending on the accuracy of the modelling) million additional deaths that China will need to be prepared to deal with.

We've been through this before in this thread with our the impact of covid in country, let's not go over old ground again.

Look past the headlines and look at the impact that this will have in a place like China. We saw it with our hospital system being impacted by the number of cases. It's thought about one third of China's population will have been infected by April next year. That's a massive influx into the public health system.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 19-12-2022, 01:06 PM   #19467
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

This is just my own opinion but the way I see it its just 1 more way to die, the list has been added to since I was born, and im sure before I die there will be more ways ( viruses etc ) added to the list.

I have had Covid and I am a asthmatic with a few minor health issues, for me it was no more than a Flu, my wife got it and she had no symptoms at all, her elderly mother who is in poor health just complained of a headache, not saying that Covid does not kill, but it does affect different people in different ways, BTW we were all unvaccinated, not because we are anti vax, just because it is still a choice and not mandatory to have it.

The focus just seems to be on Covid deaths and predictions on how many people it will kill, we have natural disasters, mass shootings, car crashes, plane crashes, heart attacks, strokes, the list goes on, there are more things out there trying to kill us, and we are all going to die of something that is out of our control.

I do find the information regarding the deaths from vaccination rather alarming in that there is no reporting, I know of 3 people in my circle of friends that have died within a week of receiving the vaccine, I don't know of anyone in my circle of friends that have died from Covid yet, but 2 blood clots (45 & 50 years old) and 1 heart attack (27 years old) is a bit suss to me, plus have had 1 friend get blood clot in her leg and my work foreman the same, coincidence?, plus there are others that we just dont know why or how they died

How many funerals have you been to in the last 3 years that are not Covid related, then how many have you been to that are, my score is 12 that were not Covid related and 0 that were, plus 8 funerals I could not attend due to Covid rules, that's a lot of people just dying from things they had no history of.

Before Covid started, I only had 3 funerals in 5 years, so what has changed?, these people were not old, they seemed fit, had no medical problems that we knew of, but died from either a organ failure, blood clots, aneurism, heart attack, stroke etc, is there something else going around, just bad luck or is it the vaccine?

Again this is just my experience, I am not discounting the fact that Covid kills people and it is a problem, but I am starting to think the remedy for it could be killing us too.

Im just over it, plus my circle of friends is getting smaller by the month and Covid has nothing to do with it.

Dont take life seriously, its not permanent
Old 19-12-2022, 03:05 PM   #19468
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If we keep going with the rates of reported Covid deaths here in Australia we will have 11960 deaths from Covid this year
WITH covid, not FROM covid.

The surveillance statistics don't differentiate as they don't determine actual cause of death, unless the death is undisputedly by another direct cause. Like a car crash.

Mum died from metastatic pancreatic cancer, the cancer ate her liver, in mid 2020. If she had covid at the time she would have been counted in the covid death statistics.

In my opinion the death count is statistically meaningless because the source data is flawed. Those 12,000 might only actually be 1200. Or 500.

Last edited by arm79; 19-12-2022 at 03:12 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2022, 03:16 PM   #19469
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dr Kerryn Phelps, a former president of the AMA, has lodged her submission into the long covid inquiry.

Quote:
She revealed she had spoken with other doctors “who have themselves experienced a serious and persistent adverse event” but that “vaccine injury is a subject that few in the medical profession have wanted to talk about”.

"“Regulators of the medical profession have censored public discussion about adverse events following immunisation, with threats to doctors not to make any public statements about anything that ‘might undermine the government’s vaccine rollout’ or risk suspension or loss of their registration,” she wrote."

Rides (past and present)

Old 20-12-2022, 04:55 PM   #19470
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
This is just my own opinion but the way I see it its just 1 more way to die, the list has been added to since I was born, and im sure before I die there will be more ways ( viruses etc ) added to the list.

I have had Covid and I am a asthmatic with a few minor health issues, for me it was no more than a Flu, my wife got it and she had no symptoms at all, her elderly mother who is in poor health just complained of a headache, not saying that Covid does not kill, but it does affect different people in different ways, BTW we were all unvaccinated, not because we are anti vax, just because it is still a choice and not mandatory to have it.

The focus just seems to be on Covid deaths and predictions on how many people it will kill, we have natural disasters, mass shootings, car crashes, plane crashes, heart attacks, strokes, the list goes on, there are more things out there trying to kill us, and we are all going to die of something that is out of our control.

I do find the information regarding the deaths from vaccination rather alarming in that there is no reporting, I know of 3 people in my circle of friends that have died within a week of receiving the vaccine, I don't know of anyone in my circle of friends that have died from Covid yet, but 2 blood clots (45 & 50 years old) and 1 heart attack (27 years old) is a bit suss to me, plus have had 1 friend get blood clot in her leg and my work foreman the same, coincidence?, plus there are others that we just dont know why or how they died

How many funerals have you been to in the last 3 years that are not Covid related, then how many have you been to that are, my score is 12 that were not Covid related and 0 that were, plus 8 funerals I could not attend due to Covid rules, that's a lot of people just dying from things they had no history of.

Before Covid started, I only had 3 funerals in 5 years, so what has changed?, these people were not old, they seemed fit, had no medical problems that we knew of, but died from either a organ failure, blood clots, aneurism, heart attack, stroke etc, is there something else going around, just bad luck or is it the vaccine?

Again this is just my experience, I am not discounting the fact that Covid kills people and it is a problem, but I am starting to think the remedy for it could be killing us too.

Im just over it, plus my circle of friends is getting smaller by the month and Covid has nothing to do with it.

Dont take life seriously, its not permanent
Before covid came along I have known of a few people who died unexpectantly from heart attacks and other ailments which I thought was premature for their age of being relatively young, now since covid came along some people are blaming covid or is it just coincidence?
Closed Thread