Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2022, 03:26 PM   #19291
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT August 8th 2022.

20,133 new cases for Australia and 14 deaths so the CMR is 0.128% (-).

NZ reported 4,173 cases and 13 deaths for a CMR of 0.144% (-).

83,198 new cases in the USA yesterday and 350 deaths sees CMR at 1.127 (ê).

Other notable points:
USA passes 94M cases;
Asia passes 174M cases;

No countries recorded a new high; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

This user likes this post:
Old 09-08-2022, 09:02 PM   #19292
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Closed schools, closed nursing homes, closed gyms, closed churches.

But left bottle-shops open.

Enter Uber Eats.....

All owned by the same companies.
2 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2022, 09:26 PM   #19293
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post

Enter Uber Eats.....

Congratulations. You're probably the only person in this thread who's cryptic posts make absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Old 09-08-2022, 09:47 PM   #19294
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Congratulations.
Thanks.
Old 10-08-2022, 01:06 PM   #19295
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT August 9th 2022.

26,530 new cases for Australia and 104 deaths so the CMR is 0.128% (-).

NZ reported 6,137 cases and 20 deaths for a CMR of 0.145% (é).

89,882 new cases in the USA yesterday and 174 deaths sees CMR at 1.126 (ê).

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 590M;
USA passes 94M cases;
Asia passes 174M cases;

No countries recorded a new high; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and Guatemala drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 10-08-2022, 01:33 PM   #19296
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Finally…
Hindsight, perhaps, but it would be nice to see similar scale budget top-ups for aged care and health generally.
Old 10-08-2022, 01:35 PM   #19297
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
I'll now be reporting this weekly.

NSW Predictive Trend

VIC Predictive Trend

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st.

New Zealand data goes back to January 15th.

As it was the end of our week yesterday, here are the weekly case numbers with NSW having 21,881 more cases than Victoria last week while Victoria recorded 21,439 less cases than the previous week; NSW recorded 7,736 less; Queensland 28,500 less; WA 7,294 less and SA 6,424 less. The week totalled 209,660 cases, a 26.4% decrease on last week.

.. and a closer look at the last 3 months:

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2022, 03:43 PM   #19298
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Congratulations. You're probably the only person in this thread who's cryptic posts make absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Cucumbers...

Donkeys...

Letter-boxes...

Don't be obtuse. You know exactly what this means...
3 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2022, 03:53 PM   #19299
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Cucumbers...

Donkeys...

Letter-boxes...

Don't be obtuse. You know exactly what this means...
Write a sentence with those 3 things in it.

Let me start....
Old 10-08-2022, 11:57 PM   #19300
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
Not totally correct. The measles and whooping cough vaccine, among others, is essentially mandated.
Nahhh...

I have never encountered a vaccine mandate other than the Covid one.
I have never had a measles or whooping cough vaccine.
So not sure what you are referring to.
Quote:
I'm not complaining about him, I just think he's a d*ck.
Some people wouldn't read any further cause that smells like prejudice.

(Though those who think every US president with a certain hair colour is incompetent simply because of his hair colour would probably agree with you..)

Quote:
For every video he releases like that, yes informed and eloquent...
Glad we got that sorted out....exactly what I posted too.

Quote:
N
It's hard to respect someone like this and what they say when it seems they are playing games to maintain a personal relevance.
So you say you don't listen to the message cause you have already made up your mind?

He is a politician after all....

Quote:
I'm talking about overall statistically, not personally or anecdotally. I know yours and T3rminators personal experience differs greatly to mine.
The original discussion point of his video was...

Why is there still a Covid vaccine mandate when it is proven to not slow down infectiousness in vaccinated people at all ?

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 11-08-2022, 06:01 AM   #19301
mostly_broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
Nahhh...

Why is there still a Covid vaccine mandate when it is proven to not slow down infectiousness in vaccinated people at all ?
The vaxxed people are getting it more now so buyers remorse maybe?
Old 11-08-2022, 09:39 AM   #19302
KobiXR6T

Quote:

https://jme.bmj.com/content/early/20...cs-2022-108229

Lots of people are asking the very same question. Some countries have rolled back on their decisions as more data and information becomes available.

Australia remains to be behind the game.. as we most often are.
Old 11-08-2022, 11:07 AM   #19303
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

After being hit with every bug my sons daycare could offer over the past couple of years I finally caught the old Rona.

To this point it’s been body aches (knee joints and lower back in particular) body chills and fatigue.

Slight sniffle today but fatigue is already reduced from yesterday, almost identical symptoms to a friend of mine who had it last week.
3 users like this post:
Old 11-08-2022, 11:17 AM   #19304
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You guys don't have no jab no play policy? We've had it in Vic for a while now. Your kid must be fully immunised to attend childcare and kinder.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
3 users like this post:
Old 11-08-2022, 11:26 AM   #19305
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
After being hit with every bug my sons daycare could offer over the past couple of years I finally caught the old Rona.

To this point it’s been body aches (knee joints and lower back in particular) body chills and fatigue.

Slight sniffle today but fatigue is already reduced from yesterday, almost identical symptoms to a friend of mine who had it last week.
Yep, I have had the exact same symptoms over the last week. I thought I was just getting old till I read your post........
Old 11-08-2022, 11:47 AM   #19306
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
You guys don't have no jab no play policy? We've had it in Vic for a while now. Your kid must be fully immunised to attend childcare and kinder.
Yes Victoria from 2016, all other states followed by 2018. Any child attending childcare, kinder or school must show proof of vacination.
By four years of age, children should be immunised against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, measles, mumps, and rubella.
Old 11-08-2022, 12:36 PM   #19307
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Had my 2nd booster (4th in total, all Pfizer) yesterday afternoon and woke this morning with chronic headache and shoulder/upper arm pain.

Still haven't had the Rona yet though despite it being in the house 3 times since Christmas.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-08-2022, 12:45 PM   #19308
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post

That's mirroring my experience last week.

To the point where your body aches were in the same location as mine (knees and hips).

First day out of iso today (day 8). Everything has pretty much cleared up, just felling tired now. And still a bit of brain fog.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 11-08-2022, 02:07 PM   #19309
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Nahhh...

I have never had a measles or whooping cough vaccine.
So not sure what you are referring to.
You're either 5 years old, which is quite possible given how kids grow up so quickly these days, or been living under a rock if you've never heard of it. I don't even have kids and I know about it.

At a federal level there are NO family tax benefits or subsidised child care unless the child is fully immunised.

State levels vary in restrictions. At the severe level, no access to daycare, before or after school care, or any story of childcare at all, enrollment in kindergarten or pre-kindy.

Sound familiar? Essentially a mandate by another name.

Quote:
Some people wouldn't read any further cause that smells like prejudice.
Or some people might say "I wonder why he holds that opinion" and look up his other works to see why I think that. The prejudice itself is by automatically assuming I'm a biased twit without looking into why I think that.

Quote:
Glad we got that sorted out....exactly what I posted too.
Yes, they were your words, not mine. I just cut and pasted them.

Quote:
So you say you don't listen to the message cause you have already made up your mind?
Nahhh, it was you who said you didn't listen to the message. Until I said his name and that he had a FB page and website you had no idea who he was.

I believe your words were infact "I don't do facebook, so that probably explains it".

I regularly pop onto his page and website to see what he's upto. Which is why I said for every instance like that he has a half dozen stupid ones and its hard to respect a person like that. I do follow his "works".

Do I smell prejudice? Bias maybe?

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostly_broncos View Post
The vaxxed people are getting it more now so buyers remorse maybe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KobiXR6T View Post
https://jme.bmj.com/content/early/20...cs-2022-108229

Lots of people are asking the very same question. Some countries have rolled back on their decisions as more data and information becomes available.

Australia remains to be behind the game.. as we most often are.
It was pointed out to me by a member in this thread that any assumptions or opinions made about the path not travelled is pure conjecture. If there were no mandates, or they were lifted earlier, would it be 10 times worse or 10 times better? Someone on the other side of the floor could say "yeah, but if there were no mandates and infected/ious unvaccinated people were allowed to mingle then the infection rate would be 2 or 3 times higher". Speculation again. Can't be answered so we'll never know.

It should also be remembered that vaccine manufacturers have acknowledged that their vaccines are not as effective in later variants of the virus. Since the majority of tests are done by RAT we are no longer able to statistically gather information as to what the variants of concern are. You have no way of knowing if these transmissions are the high risk variants or not. The vaccine could well be doing its job against the variants its developed for, but those numbers are related to variants its not. And of course it should be remembered that people are still sharing it because a) the vaccine is a vaccine, not a cure and b) 95% of Australians are vaccinated.

This mirrors problems with the flu vaccine of quite a few years back when it was discovered a rise in cases and deaths were due to a new variant. The then current 3 variant vaccine wasn't up to the task and a revised 4 variant came out the following year.

We're back to reacting to generalisations of numbers, not drilling down to specifics which I think matter in this instance.

It should also be recognised that Australia at a Federal level has no mandates apart from aged care.

It's the states with the individual mandates. And they have largely rescinded them. In the state that Rennick serves all mandates have been lifted except for those in health care.

Why only healthcare? It probably stems from this:

Quote:
AHPPC recommends mandatory vaccinations for all workers in health care settings as a condition of work.
https://www.health.gov.au/news/austr...-care-settings

I have read in the past that health professionals are required to have a range of vaccinations in order to practice. They need to provide documentation and confirmation by blood test. I've seen references to it since and at the moment this is the only official page I can find.

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/...ations-at-work

One comment I read was from a nursing student who had hepatitis shots prior to placement who was refused entry to the actual placement once it was realised she failed to seroconvert after the vaccination. She had to wait another 4 or 6 weeks to do it again where it then worked.

Perhaps this is an extension to already existing requirements. Or a temporary extension measure. Or maybe they intend to make it permanent. Whatever it is and whether you are with it or not, its not as if the requirement for certain vaccinations is unprecedented.

Last edited by arm79; 11-08-2022 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-08-2022, 02:12 PM   #19310
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT August 10th 2022.

27,329 new cases for Australia and 131 deaths so the CMR is 0.129% (é).

NZ reported 5,385 cases and 13 deaths for a CMR of 0.145% (-).

182,293 new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,076 deaths sees CMR at 1.125 (ê).

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 591M;
UAE passes 1M cases;

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and Greece drops below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 11-08-2022, 10:32 PM   #19311
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post

Enter Uber Eats.....

I remember the police minister of one of the states (was NSW or Vic I think) saying that you are not allowed to walk your dog, but you are allowed to walk to the bottle shop to buy alcohol, and that you are allowed to take your dog to the bottle shop, but that they will be cracking down on people illegally exercising while pretending to walk to the bottle shop.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 11-08-2022, 11:19 PM   #19312
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Had my 2nd booster (4th in total, all Pfizer) yesterday afternoon and woke this morning with chronic headache and shoulder/upper arm pain.

Still haven't had the Rona yet though despite it being in the house 3 times since Christmas.
Just like flu shots some have reactions and others nil, when I had my 3rd and 4th boosters for covid I had no reactions at all; lucky me bad luck for you.
3 users like this post:
Old 12-08-2022, 12:36 AM   #19313
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Yes Victoria from 2016, all other states followed by 2018. Any child attending childcare, kinder or school must show proof of vacination.
That is incorrect. Childcare and kinder yes, but to attend school you do not have to be vaccinated for anything. You can not be denied an education.
Old 12-08-2022, 11:40 AM   #19314
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute83 View Post
That is incorrect. Childcare and kinder yes, but to attend school you do not have to be vaccinated for anything. You can not be denied an education.
So we are in furious agreement there is a mandate that children in Australia must be vaccinated to attend Childcare and kinder.

Weather we like mandates or not, this mandate has seem the highest number of children vaccinated against preventable disease (95%+) in our history.

It is too late for 4 year old vaccinations by the time a child starts school. "By law, a child must have an Immunisation History Statement from the Australian Immunisation Register to enrol in primary school."

Even if the child’s register shows they are not fully vaccinated they must provide it to the school. In case of an out break of a disease a child is not vaccinated against the school will sent the child home until it is safe to return to school.

Ironically the unvaccinated child is denied education in this scenario....
Old 12-08-2022, 12:16 PM   #19315
Work Horse
Budget Racer

I am refering to vaccination against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, measles, mumps, and rubella.

So sorry for straying OT.
Old 12-08-2022, 02:10 PM   #19316
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Just like flu shots some have reactions and others nil, when I had my 3rd and 4th boosters for covid I had no reactions at all; lucky me bad luck for you.
Agreed, my first 3 were no trouble, still got an ache in my shoulder today but headache is gone.
Old 12-08-2022, 02:12 PM   #19317
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT August 10th 2022.

25,348 new cases for Australia and 85 deaths so the CMR is 0.130% (é).

NZ reported 5,016 cases and 21 deaths for a CMR of 0.146% (é).

The UK reported 9,127 cases and 1,035 deaths this week for a CMR of 0.795% (é).

147,657 new cases in the USA yesterday and 730 deaths sees CMR at 1.124 (ê).

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 592M;
Europe passes 218M cases;
Asia passes 175M cases;
North America passes 112M cases;

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and none drop below.

Global case numbers are down again to 5,810,931 this week compared to the 6,754,998 last week and the number of deaths also dropped from 16,832 last week to 15,645 this week.

It should be noted that the week to week numbers change quite substantially as extra data comes in which is why the number of cases and deaths for the previous week is considerably higher than we reported last week.

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 12-08-2022, 06:24 PM   #19318
zilo
BANNED

From the Tsmanian Govt health website justification for mandatory vaccinations...

"If enough people are immunised, infection can no longer be spread, and the disease dies out altogether."

This relates to about 15 vaccinations for kids.

Of course it would be absolute BS if we were talking about COVId now wouldn't it?

Old 12-08-2022, 06:28 PM   #19319
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
So we are in furious agreement there is a mandate that children in Australia must be vaccinated to attend Childcare and kinder.
Who cares?

My kids went to neither...and they are not schools.

Both are childcare..kinder is disguised childcare, quasi education.

Old 12-08-2022, 06:36 PM   #19320
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
You're either 5 years old, which is quite possible given how kids grow up so quickly these days, or been living under a rock if you've never heard of it. I don't even have kids and I know about it..blah blah blah.....and more blah blah.

Sorry..when you post personal attacks then you've just wasted 30 minues typing dribble....not worth reading any further IMHO
Your biggest problem is that you think your opinion is somehow reality.

All I see in your posts is a loser's view of the world.

cya

Closed Thread